Average 30k in the top

So you think we'd only sell an extra 2000 season tickets if we got to the premier league lol

We're not talking about Leeds Uniteds home support here

We're talking about Wednesday and we'd p!$$ all over the blades home support when they were in the premiership

Well if your averaging 21k now and I posted you'd hit 30k, does that equal 2,000.

Typical Horny Owl post, can't see the wood for the Leeds.

Nobody in leeds likes football thats why there home crowds ate pittifull....there large away followings are made up of the offspring of the 70s glory huntrs from all over the country

It would be pitiful if we got 22,500 home fans at £10/5 a ticket anywhere in the ground, as it would for most big clubs.

People talking about 35k+ in the PL must think tickets are going to be free.

Well if your averaging 21k now and I posted you'd hit 30k, does that equal 2,000.

Typical Horny Owl post, can't see the wood for the Leeds.

You're talking complete cobblers.

Do you think we would average 21000 in a promotion season?

Oh and ,

Leeds

lol

Anybody who doesn't think a club like Wednesday in the the top flight wouldn't average around 35K is either too young to remember us being any good, or is on smack.

You might be right, the last time we passed 30,000 average for a season was 1968 so many will be too young.

You have 15,000 season ticket holders in the Championship with a regular 5k walk up and an away following of 1,500.

So lets say all the walk up plus an extra 2,000 novelty buyers purchase season tickets along with the usual 15,000 and the away following averaged out at 3,000, that's 25,000.

Your hard core support is already accounted for in season tickets, do you really have another 10,000 walk up fans that will attend every game to achieve a 35k+ average? I can't see it.

I think you just top 30k in your first season with a little help from higher than average away numbers (novelty factor and big allocation) but after that, when Stoke, Swansea, WBA and the like revert to 1-1.5k followings, you'd be back to mid-late twenties.

And you're basing this assumption on what? Villa and SUnderland have been dire for years but their gates are consistently high 30s  early 40s respectively. West Ham average year in year out but consistently get mid 30s, which is 10k+ which they averaged at the same level a decade or so ago.

But hey it's only Wednesday whose gate would drop off? Where are the 15k "hardcore" Leeds fans who used to go in the PL but don't bother now? And how come a Leeds fan is sticking his nose into a Wednesday attendance debate anyway? They're not exactly renowned for their loyalty.

Am impressed with some of the arguments about where the median would fall on a prem return season, and am inclined to agree with those suggesting a higher than 31k average in the first season.

Despite sharing some of the memories, I disagree with Nevthelodgemoorowl proposing we build a 50k stadium as soon as the PL horizon appears. Both in the 60s and 90s we put money into the stadium when others were more wisely putting their money on the pitch. (If we'd bought proper back up for Hirsty instead of splashing out for the privilege of hosting Denmark & Croatia, we might not be where we are now.)

Surely the proper compromise would be imaginative plans that upped the quality of the match experience at Hillsborough based around an agreed attainable 32-35, but which includes possibilities for expansion if the club gets established at the top table. No one calls Chelsea or Juve small clubs with grounds at 40k.

I wouldn't put too much faith in JV'S predicting skills. Hows that top 6 potential team working out this season?

At the end of the day, until it happens nobody can aaccurately say what we'd average, but it'd be at least 30k purely based on united doing it. We have a bigger fan base than them. We would pick up as many floating supporters as they did, as many students wanting to see premier league footy, as many woodwork emergers as they did and as many part timers converted to season ticket holders as they did. There's nothing to suggest we wouldn't.

And you're basing this assumption on what? Villa and SUnderland have been dire for years but their gates are consistently high 30s  early 40s respectively. West Ham average year in year out but consistently get mid 30s, which is 10k+ which they averaged at the same level a decade or so ago.

But hey it's only Wednesday whose gate would drop off? Where are the 15k "hardcore" Leeds fans who used to go in the PL but don't bother now? And how come a Leeds fan is sticking his nose into a Wednesday attendance debate anyway? They're not exactly renowned for their loyalty.

That's the best laugh I've had for ages.

The way LUFC fans have been treated by the clubs "owners" over the past tens years, the lies, the pilfering, the selling off of best young talent, the extortionate ticket prices, the removal of concession prices in 3/4 of stadium and being labelled "morons" by our own chairman for the privilege, and yet we still get the gates we do, suggests to me that our loyalty is beyond question.

Am impressed with some of the arguments about where the median would fall on a prem return season, and am inclined to agree with those suggesting a higher than 31k average in the first season.

Despite sharing some of the memories, I disagree with Nevthelodgemoorowl proposing we build a 50k stadium as soon as the PL horizon appears. Both in the 60s and 90s we put money into the stadium when others were more wisely putting their money on the pitch. (If we'd bought proper back up for Hirsty instead of splashing out for the privilege of hosting Denmark & Croatia, we might not be where we are now.)

Surely the proper compromise would be imaginative plans that upped the quality of the match experience at Hillsborough based around an agreed attainable 32-35, but which includes possibilities for expansion if the club gets established at the top table. No one calls Chelsea or Juve small clubs with grounds at 40k.

you controdict yourself ......you want 5k less seats but then say we shouldnt spend money on the ground so the only way to do that is to close down a part of it ....what would you suggest the grandstand and a bit of the kop .? quite how doing that ups the quality of the "match experience " i´d be interested to know .

You were correct in a few things Just visiting but imo Wednesday would easily average 30k minimum. 35k would be pushing it because we would lose the 48-49ks we used to get for Liverpool etc.

Not all the big clubs were running at capacity back then.

Our attendances may not go up as much as some clubs but they would be more than the 90's.

Guest totemowl

It's quite amazing some of the posts from people who don't seem to know the lay out of their own ground.

Do most of you actually go to the games?

Talking about layout, did Cellino go ahead with his threat to close down one of your main stands?

Guest totemowl

No idea, as it's the first I've heard of it.

Why would he do that?

thought it was mentioned a few weeks ago (not on here) but but can't find anything now. Simply sounded like a cost saving measure.

It would be pitiful if we got 22,500 home fans at £10/5 a ticket anywhere in the ground, as it would for most big clubs.

People talking about 35k+ in the PL must think tickets are going to be free.

Add our 22K average this season to Utd's 19K and our city follows football in far better numbers than your 1-club city of a similar size with a considerable catchment area does thanks.

Sheffield United have averaged less than 20K for a few seasons now. Prior to 2006/07 they averaged less than us despite being above us for 6 seasons and us being a division lower for 2 of those. 

If they can find enough fans to suddenly average over 30K in the top flight then there is  enough foundation to think that we would manage the same.