Mr Chansiri, Get Thi Wallet Out

There's no doubt our budget is going to expand. I think we'll also pay some decent fees.

Connor Wickham / Jordan Rhodes type signings are pie in the Sky thiugh.

10-15 million for those 2 I reckon plus another 60k / week minimum in wages so I don't see them as being targets

The DOF we appoint in the next few weeks should tell us more about what the budget may be. If it's Comolli then it won't all be free transfers, the guy lives off spending money. Personally I think we'll copy Middlesbrough and spend around £10 million in the summer on 4-5 players

I will be surprised if we spend anything like being touted on here on purchasing players, rather more like increasing the wage budget to get the better out of contract players available in the summer.

I firmly believe that, given the correct service, players at the club like May, Bus and Lavery WILL get the goals next season, along with a new player to take Nuhiu's place, + lee and Mguggan with goals from midfield.

Fans are right though, we do need some one, any position, who can actually cross a ball.

DC hasnt publicly stated he wants premier league football by 2017 without doing his homework and understanding  how much needs to be done and how big an investment is needed in the playing squad . 

He will do what needs to be done. 

This bloke aint a fool, he will know a major investment in the squad is needed to get promotion .

I'd be amazed if Chansiri feels you can get promoted within two seasons by signing free transfers. Even budget Burnley had to pay for Ings and Vokes. We've got a solid starting base thanks to the signings of Westwood, Hutchinson, Loovens etc, now we need to add that bit of quality which unfortunately requires fees most of the time. Doesn't have to be really high amounts but I'd be surprised if we're not making a few £2 million+ signings in the summer. The link to Comolli suggests that would be the case anyway

Guest wayne the owl

Did they look the answer?

Wasn't this buses second ever game for us ? Both of which he came on as a sub ?

Scored one and won. Penalty .... But no your right , he should of bagged at least 12 with all the game time he is getting ......

Edited by wayne the owl

Shopping smart doesn't suggest throwing money at it but could still mean shelling out enough to acquire the quality we need if it means adding value.

If McGugan costs north of 1M on a three year contract aged 26 and with quality he brings then IMO that is good value.