We're in trouble

Guest JonTheOwl66

I suppose away from home there is good argument to keep Semedo along side Mcgugan but definitely when we're at home we need more in terms of going forward. I agree with what you said, I'd play Lee and Mcgugan and bring Semedo on if we're winning at least 2-0 with 20mins to go just to tighten things up and be solid.

Let's hope Gray agrees as well. Unfortunately I don't think that he sees this... it risks his insistence on defencive structure.

Well mcgugan played some passes that we haven't seen in a while but he was rusty.

May isn't the quickest but the sooner people get over that the better. He's still a nuisance and I thought he did quite well today from limited chances.

The physio team needs to get him stronger so he can get

More power on his shots though

Yes we are - only 4 points off the drop zone and not a goal in sight...draws and clean sheets send you down.  Have mentioned before, interesting to see how MM reacts now we are starting to sink.  How much longer will Gray get?  IMO he has reached the end of his shelf life - out of ideas and inspiration sadly.

Unfortunately only see this ending one way, which is a shame because gray has done an excellent job. The rot set in when the first team which started well was decimated and morale lost, should have brought in loan signings while we could still remember what a goal was. Fault squarely at Milams door.

It's all about survival now and id be amazed (but not disappointed) if gray is still here at christmas

...we're mid table, we have players on the bench now who can make a difference when they come on and both GTF and McGuigan will settle in. First half it was clear that along with Drenthe in there the squad were uncertain about how to play with each other but we improved in the second half. The defence is solid and Westwood once again was superb.

We have players coming back form injury and the possibility of a striker coming in on loan.

It's not Christmas and we're in a pretty good position in the league ...seriously...some people need to stop stropping on. Look at Huddersfields home record of late and recognise that was a decent point and could have been three.

In trouble? My @rse...

Edited by Freshfish

Plenty of hard work and effort but yet again we've still got no style of play or idea as to how to actually score goals.

Got enough attack minded players now we're still creating very few chances. McGuigan made little difference, played simple passes but did little else.

Defended well on the whole but one or two poor mistakes which let them in easily, Westwood to thank again.

Things wont change with a striker. We're not creating the chances due to no identity in our play.

You're assuming things won't improve

I'm not. I think it will

Projection models initially are based on past performance, and are therefore simple mathematics.

If you believe that the projection will change (either up or down), you have to identify  a cause and build them into the model.

Else you relying on blind faith and guess work.

You could for instance say, Chaimen funds £2mill striker, who might turn 5 draws into wins, therefore the  model adds 10 points to the total.

Do you have any reasons to thing it will, or are you just thinking it will?

People can only be encouraged by today's display, especially the second half surely.

In that second half we controlled a game away from home, against a side that have enjoyed a significant upturn in form and recently hammered a promotion contender 3-0.

Yes, we should have come away with 3 points and not just the one, but that performance was streets ahead of anything we've displayed since the early part of the season.

We had a good defensive balance to us, looked threatening on the counter attack, and had the depth in our squad today, to bring players on that made a difference.

Had we had a little bit of luck (May not hitting both post & bar in one effort, or having three attempts cleared off the line), been given a stonewall penalty or just shown a little bit more poise in certain areas (namely the 4 vs 2 late on) we'd all be saying what a good performance it was.

I've been as downhearted and despondent recently with our displays, but I was really encouraged by today display, especially the second half. McGugan looked rusty, but fitted into the midfield nicely, worked half and showed glimpses of his quality. He should only improve. May looked a different threat. Spent more time playing on the last man, and stretching play. I love Hélan at left back, positionally suspect but his pace and desire is second to none.

It's not completely sorted out, perhaps lacking that elusive striker, but that display was VERY encouraging, especially comparing it to our recent rigid, toothless performances.

Think gray is falling into the Irvine mold and has to play the defensive side as perhaps the fear of losing is getting to him but it seems to be taking over we have the players to attack more often if given the chance mcgugan can be a decent threat going forward as can other players who play better when in attack mode ,the shackles need removing to have half a chance of

winning ,Lets go back to promotion , megsons team had stagnated to an extent , and dave jones came in and gave the players the freedom to play (source =Ryan Lowe )and we know what transpired then , maybe Gray should take a leaf out of dj's book ,mebe that's the problem ,who knows