We're in trouble

Guest JonTheOwl66

Maybe Jon the owl should become chairman, manager and a 20 goal a season striker rolled into one and solve our problems.

It's an easy game sat behind a keyboard.

Unless we get someone with the balls, ego and money to buy us, things won't change.

They should also have lost their mind, pumping any money into a club like ours in a geographical backwater is total madness financially.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Maybe Jon the owl should become chairman, manager and a 20 goal a season striker rolled into one and solve our problems.

It's an easy game sat behind a keyboard.

Unless we get someone with the balls, ego and money to buy us, things won't change.

They should also have lost their mind, pumping any money into a club like ours in a geographical backwater is total madness financially.

Same old same old. We scored goals last year. the performances were better last year.

Anybody who isn't concerned about this run is truly burying their head in the sand.

Think gray is falling into the Irvine mold and has to play the defensive side as perhaps the fear of losing is getting to him but it seems to be taking over we have the players to attack more often if given the chance mcgugan can be a decent threat going forward as can other players who play better when in attack mode ,the shackles need removing to have half a chance of

winning ,Lets go back to promotion , megsons team had stagnated to an extent , and dave jones came in and gave the players the freedom to play (source =Ryan Lowe )and we know what transpired then , maybe Gray should take a leaf out of dj's book ,mebe that's the problem ,who knows

Spot on. Looked so much better when we started trying to actually win the game

Projection models initially are based on past performance, and are therefore simple mathematics.

If you believe that the projection will change (either up or down), you have to identify a cause and build them into the model.

Else you relying on blind faith and guess work.

You could for instance say, Chaimen funds £2mill striker, who might turn 5 draws into wins, therefore the model adds 10 points to the total.

Do you have any reasons to thing it will, or are you just thinking it will?

Yeah, basically because I think stats and projections are too simplistic

We'd have gone down years ago

People can only be encouraged by today's display, especially the second half surely.

In that second half we controlled a game away from home, against a side that have enjoyed a significant upturn in form and recently hammered a promotion contender 3-0.

Yes, we should have come away with 3 points and not just the one, but that performance was streets ahead of anything we've displayed since the early part of the season.

We had a good defensive balance to us, looked threatening on the counter attack, and had the depth in our squad today, to bring players on that made a difference.

Had we had a little bit of luck (May not hitting both post & bar in one effort, or having three attempts cleared off the line), been given a stonewall penalty or just shown a little bit more poise in certain areas (namely the 4 vs 2 late on) we'd all be saying what a good performance it was.

I've been as downhearted and despondent recently with our displays, but I was really encouraged by today display, especially the second half. McGugan looked rusty, but fitted into the midfield nicely, worked half and showed glimpses of his quality. He should only improve. May looked a different threat. Spent more time playing on the last man, and stretching play. I love Hélan at left back, positionally suspect but his pace and desire is second to none.

It's not completely sorted out, perhaps lacking that elusive striker, but that display was VERY encouraging, especially comparing it to our recent rigid, toothless performances.

Best post in this thread.

Guest The Horse

I have to agree with the OP.
Yes, we played alright in the last twenty minutes but good performances and clean sheets do not save you from the drop.

Saying we're still mid-table is avoiding the obvious - the trend is downwards.

In our 1990 relegation season, we had loads of great performances - most weeks dominating every game but still lost points. 'We're too good to go down' we all said.

We did.

I feel it's our 'don't lose' mentality that's killing us at home.

We need to take the brakes off at home and go for the win.

People can only be encouraged by today's display, especially the second half surely.

In that second half we controlled a game away from home, against a side that have enjoyed a significant upturn in form and recently hammered a promotion contender 3-0.

Yes, we should have come away with 3 points and not just the one, but that performance was streets ahead of anything we've displayed since the early part of the season.

We had a good defensive balance to us, looked threatening on the counter attack, and had the depth in our squad today, to bring players on that made a difference.

Had we had a little bit of luck (May not hitting both post & bar in one effort, or having three attempts cleared off the line), been given a stonewall penalty or just shown a little bit more poise in certain areas (namely the 4 vs 2 late on) we'd all be saying what a good performance it was.

I've been as downhearted and despondent recently with our displays, but I was really encouraged by today display, especially the second half. McGugan looked rusty, but fitted into the midfield nicely, worked half and showed glimpses of his quality. He should only improve. May looked a different threat. Spent more time playing on the last man, and stretching play. I love Hélan at left back, positionally suspect but his pace and desire is second to none.

It's not completely sorted out, perhaps lacking that elusive striker, but that display was VERY encouraging, especially comparing it to our recent rigid, toothless performances.

Yes a good post, but to me it didn't look that different to most of our away performances. Which is my point, the away performances have, by and large, been very good. It's at home where we struggle, and we will continue to struggle until we bring in some quality in attacking areas.

Same old same old. We scored goals last year. the performances were better last year.

Anybody who isn't concerned about this run is truly burying their head in the sand.

Same old eh?

What you never tell us is the solution given our current ownership.

The only person with their head in the sand is you.

Living in the real world, where MM is our owner for the foreseeable future who isn't going to try to spend his way recklessly out of our position, what's your solution?

You enjoy constant moaning and bleating. Our position isn't going to change. Get used to it.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

This thread is baffling. We played well in the last 25 minutes of the game and people are going crackers about it. I guarantee that Huddersfield supporters will be equally disappointed that they didn't win the game too. Why is everyone acting like we dominated them?

Edited by Miffed

This thread is baffling. We played well in the last 25 minutes of the game and people are going crackers about it. I guarantee that Huddersfield supporters will be equally disappointed that they didn't win the game too. Why is everyone acting like we dominated them?

Draw was a fair result, Hudds had some good chances

Guest Gershwin

This is complete and utter garbage. 

Huddersfield should be ahead, and even if we go on to win this, the performance has been awful.

No attacking threat, midfield is garbage, one or two players who look utterly out of their depth.

Concerning times. We certainly look like a team that is capable of relegation this term.

Pressure is building on Gray. 

Above is the OP. Seems odd to start a thread about an Owls game before it finishes. Thought Wednesday finished strongly. Isn't an away draw against a team doing quite well a good result? And we were a bit unlucky not to get 3 points

As for "We're in trouble", well, it smacks of over reaction. Wednesday's results and league position are not the stuff of panic. We've a mid-league side and we're in a mid-league spot.

Edited by Gershwin

Due to a threadbare squad our early season wins have turned into draws. The positives are that we are not getting smashed and still putting points on the board.

It was frustrating viewing on Saturday but hopefully another addition and a few players coming back from injury will see us start to turn some of those draws into wins.

It's not slit our wrists time just yet. Still improving on last year which is what we want.

Due to a threadbare squad our early season wins have turned into draws. The positives are that we are not getting smashed and still putting points on the board.

It was frustrating viewing on Saturday but hopefully another addition and a few players coming back from injury will see us start to turn some of those draws into wins.

It's not slit our wrists time just yet. Still improving on last year which is what we want.

Yes that's it, we have a solid base now, so if we could find another loanee like we did with Wickham last year, it's not inconceivable that we could turn some of these draws into victories