We're in trouble

Guest JonTheOwl66

Its a tough one, but you could probably argue we were a lot nearer to beating Millwall (at home earlier in the season ) than we were last Saturday

I thought Saturday's stats prove it was a fair result, but we did have three great chances in the second half plus a stonewall penalty turned down, which could, therefore, be classed as a nearly win. 

I honestly don't think we are in trouble and believe we're not that far away from having a relatively effective team that can survive comfortably in this division.

Guest Big Guns

I thought Saturday's stats prove it was a fair result, but we did have three great chances in the second half plus a stonewall penalty turned down, which could, therefore, be classed as a nearly win. 

I honestly don't think we are in trouble and believe we're not that far away from having a relatively effective team that can survive comfortably in this division.

and just as easily weve got a team that could slide into the relegatioon zone ,were in a bit of limbo at the minit it could go either way

and just as easily weve got a team that could slide into the relegatioon zone ,were in a bit of limbo at the minit it could go either way

I can't argue with that BG it's just my opinion.

We could however do with a helping hand from MM.

Guess I'm more of a glass half full kind of person.

Edited by Corneliusreeve

And that is exactly where we are. Mid table where it could go either way. The start of the season shows what we're capable of on a good run but we're currently on a poor run.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I honestly don't see how a 1-1 draw is more valid in your definition than the 0-0 against Huddersfield

We very nearly scored, so we nearly won, surely?

Nope. We didn't score. Football IS fine lines. Teams miss chances every game. Doesn't mean they nearly win do they?

Goals win matches. We don't score goals, therefore we don't come close to winning matches.

Although this argument is utterly ridiculous as it's purely semantics.

It's looking more and more likely that we'll be having our annual relegation battle very soon?

Personally I can't blame Gray that much. IMO he's doing his best with what he's got to work with. He's made one or two mistakes but if he was a top drawer manager/coach he wouldn't be at S6?

I think it's pretty obvious that the chairman wants out but in order for that to happen he's got to find an interested buyer that will match the asking price. If this doesn't happen then he has a decision to make, he invests more money that may push us on and may us more attractive or he doesn't?

Sadly I think he'll take the latter option and we will be left floundering until we find ourselves in League 1 again? I hope I'm wrong but we had a chance to push forward in October but we haven't taken it and allowed the inevitability of injuries and suspensions to catch up with this small squad and we now find ourselves where we usually are at this time of year, looking over our shoulder again 😞

It's looking more and more likely that we'll be having our annual relegation battle very soon?

Personally I can't blame Gray that much. IMO he's doing his best with what he's got to work with. He's made one or two mistakes but if he was a top drawer manager/coach he wouldn't be at S6?

I think it's pretty obvious that the chairman wants out but in order for that to happen he's got to find an interested buyer that will match the asking price. If this doesn't happen then he has a decision to make, he invests more money that may push us on and may make us a more attractive proposition or he doesn't?

Sadly I think he'll take the latter option and we will be left floundering until we find ourselves in League 1 again? I hope I'm wrong but we had a chance to push forward in October but we haven't taken it and allowed the inevitability of injuries and suspensions to catch up with this small squad and we now find ourselves where we usually are at this time of year, looking over our shoulder again 😞

I think it's pretty obvious that the chairman wants out but in order for that to happen he's got to find an interested buyer that will match the asking price. If this doesn't happen then he has a decision to make, he invests more money that may push us on and may us more attractive or he doesn't?

Sadly I think he'll take the latter option and we will be left floundering until we find ourselves in League 1 again? I hope I'm wrong but we had a chance to push forward in October but we haven't taken it and allowed the inevitability of injuries and suspensions to catch up with this small squad and we now find ourselves where we usually are at this time of year, looking over our shoulder again