The best display of goalkeeping I've ever seen

Guest parsimmon

Pressman at White Hart Lane 94 (ish)

David Felgate for Rochdale in mid 80s.

KW all this season

Me vs a police team in 1995. won 2-0, they BATTERED us.. tipped one round the post with about 5 mins to go and their striker

(who had scored 20+ already that season) shouted.... I HATE THAT FOOOKIN KEEPER! ...after the game he said he would love to arrest me in the street!   nobb.

Scott Carson away at wolves was the best I have ever seen live. He was immense

I mentioned in another thread that Scott Carson is the best keeper I've seen a Wednesday shirt, in over 35 years. Just checked and I'm surprised to see he only played 9 games for us. Another notable mention for Iain Turner who was also excellent for us.

On 26/10/2014 at 07:56, parsimmon said:

Know it's been done to death but that display from Kieran Westwood was the best I've ever seen in over 30 years.We were sat directly in line with the goal at the Leppings Lane end and I'm still in awe as to how he managed to make even one of the four/five world class saves he made.Absolute refusal to be beaten and the best keeper in the league by a country mile.Will be gone in January unfortunately.

Who would've thought 4 years later, we would be in the current situation? Defies logic.

On 26/10/2014 at 20:56, parsimmon said:

Know it's been done to death but that display from Kieran Westwood was the best I've ever seen in over 30 years.We were sat directly in line with the goal at the Leppings Lane end and I'm still in awe as to how he managed to make even one of the four/five world class saves he made.Absolute refusal to be beaten and the best keeper in the league by a country mile.Will be gone in January unfortunately.

I'm a big big fan of Westwood but reading your post, I take it you didn't see Pressman.

On 26/10/2014 at 07:56, parsimmon said:

Our third best keeper. Honest.

• Haha 2

To give an honest appraisal he had started to decline in standard last season, particularly his kicking game but you don't throw away experience like that. 

The ability to organise a defence is such an important part of their game.