The best display of goalkeeping I've ever seen

Guest parsimmon

Guest Distraught!

Lees has been an astute signing - superb and a consistent 7/10 in one of the best back lines we have had for some time but Westwood, individually, has kept us in the game and maintained our lead when we have been fortunate to score first.

That was some display yesterday and one better than many 8 or 9/10's

Just thought he deserved a honourable mention because of his general consistency.

Just thought he deserved a honourable mention because of his general consistency.

Agreed - our promotion winning side in 83-84 was made up by consistent 7 or 8/10 players - it gets you a solid team.

I cannot understand why with the best back line and goalkeeper we have had for ages is having the p1$$ taken out of it by ignoring the midfield to give us and MM himself a chance of improving our chances of success and ultimately the financial side of the club.

Alan Kelly in the semi final was the best display ever seen.  The song "it should have been 10-1" is not tongue in cheek, it really is true. It could have been the original "goal rich" semi !

Hodges display against Forest was even better than Westwoods yesterday in that he did it for the full 90 minutes.

So, third place for Kieran for me, but still absolutely superb, and a privilege to be there.

Best goalkeeping display I have seen in the flesh was big nev Southall (always played well against us), in a 3rd or 4th round FA cup game on a Sunday in the late 80s / early 90s at Hillsborough. We lost 2-1 and he was absolutely unbelievable.

Just checked and it was 4th round in 1990.

jimmy montgomery and roy burton (oxford) always used to goal their b0ll0x off at hillsborough...

It's worth noting how he has bounced back from last week too.

Could have dented his confidence but he simply excelled in coming back and being better than ever.

Strikes me as a very confident individual.

He has a presence which Kirkland doesn't have.

Certainly projects a lot of self belief.

Kevin Pressman at Anfield in the 90s.

That save from Fowler's header, when Head and Shoulders-floggerJason McAteer hit the post with a lob and it came straight out to Fowler was incredible.

Chris Woods at Middlesborough in 1992 was the best I've seen, he was amazing.

Know it's been done to death but that display from Kieran Westwood was the best I've ever seen in over 30 years.We were sat directly in line with the goal at the Leppings Lane end and I'm still in awe as to how he managed to make even one of the four/five world class saves he made.Absolute refusal to be beaten and the best keeper in the league by a country mile.Will be gone in January unfortunately.

Good, aye, but the even better news is you've got plenty to look forward to if that's the best you've ever seen. Same as a lot of things like that - you just need to live long enough! :biggrin: