North Stand "Hoolies"

Wannabe hoolies in distasteful song shock!!!

In all honesty, they're just a bit thick. Like the ones near us last week, who kept screaming at the Watford fans that they hated fckn Cockneys. They're just a bit dim, and you don't need to go upsetting yourself about them.

normally I enjoy your singing and the atmosphere you create

BUT

today Ched Evans songs are unforgiveable not once but twice

embarrassing as the team's performance and as classy as Leeds fans singing about Saville but carry on

I'm baffled by your apparent disgust. Firstly, every team's fans sing risqué and inappropriate songs (you can argue the rights and wrongs of it but the fact is that it happens); secondly, the North Stand Hoolies (as you refer to them) aren't the most sophisticated and politically aware bunch of chaps (and nor should they be), and lastly, you should know points one and two that I made due to the very fact that you referred to them as North Stand Hoolies.

The vast majority of people at that side of the North go there to become "faces" at worst and singers at best, however, we all know that "Hoolies" are people that like the thrill of confrontation and that singing inappropriate and offensive songs is par for the course. If you want good behaviour, may I suggest that you go to the theatre instead and then you can glare at someone for unwrapping a toffee during the second act.

Oh by the way, I'd just like to point out to you that Neil Warnock isn't illegitimate and that he doesn't have aids and, unfortunately, Sheffield isn't full of t1ttts, fanny and Wednesday.

Guest Retfordowl74

What is the point of this thread.

Is it political correctness gone mad.

It was sang at Brentford as well I can see someone reporting us to the FA and we can expect an away banning order and a game behind closed doors

What is the point of this thread.

Is it political correctness gone mad.

It was sang at Brentford as well I can see someone reporting us to the FA and we can expect an away banning order and a game behind closed doors

perhaps being a pedant here but, as i understood it, the Crown's case (which the jury accepted) was that the girl was not conscious enough (due to drink) to have given her consent to Ched, Ched was taken to have known this, and therefore his belief in her consent (which was the case he was advancing) could not in those circumstances have been reasonable.

now all we need is a tune to fit the lyrics.

OP cites a poor example; both chants concern guilty men but one seemingly celebrates/draws humour for it (the Leeds cant) whilst the other does the opposite (She Said No) in hammering the guilty man.

At the end of the day, Ched is going to have to develop a thick skin. He is on the register for life and football fans will remind him of that because they can and its not illegal to do so.

There will be better/more relevant songs rehearsed but this should not cause any great moral outrage for OP.

...unless tha's a blunt

Technically though jimmy saville isn't a guilty man having never been found guilty of anything. Where's bundy has been found guilty by thre of the highest courts in the land. Therefore technically bundyis worse than saville

What wrong about saying you hate cockneys to Watford fans?  If thats their opinion?

perhaps a return to "play up sheffield" would be appreciated by some...

on a more serious note, i see no reason why our supporters should be vilified...

especially IF it appears that a local club MAY be about to add him to their playing staff...

and there's the possibility that they're worried over their wives, g/f's, and sisters well being about the streets... :st2:  :ghoulguy:

I'm baffled by your apparent disgust. Firstly, every team's fans sing risqué and inappropriate songs (you can argue the rights and wrongs of it but the fact is that it happens); secondly, the North Stand Hoolies (as you refer to them) aren't the most sophisticated and politically aware bunch of chaps (and nor should they be), and lastly, you should know points one and two that I made due to the very fact that you referred to them as North Stand Hoolies.

The vast majority of people at that side of the North go there to become "faces" at worst and singers at best, however, we all know that "Hoolies" are people that like the thrill of confrontation and that singing inappropriate and offensive songs is par for the course. If you want good behaviour, may I suggest that you go to the theatre instead and then you can glare at someone for unwrapping a toffee during the second act.

Oh by the way, I'd just like to point out to you that Neil Warnock isn't illegitimate and that he doesn't have aids and, unfortunately, Sheffield isn't full of t1ttts, fanny and Wednesday.

I'm fully aware of the points you make.Maybe I should have called them the North Stand Singing Section 

as for the Warnock chants didn't hear them yesterday or last week either or thinking about it not since the last time he was in attendance.

Here in lies my point was Evans at the ground yesterday?

If he was accept my appologies

If he wasn't then what was the whole point in singing it?

Did they sing the Harry Roberts one ?

They did indeed, which is ridiculous, because that hasn't been sung at Hillsborough, since 1967, and most of the cretins who were singing it probably weren't born until about 1990, and wouldn't have heard of Harry Roberts before this week. Anybody who sings songs in praise of scum like Harry Roberts needs help.

Because Watford is in Herfordshire not London, they aren't cockneys they are just southern shandy drinking puffs .

You need to check out the definition of the word Cockney. There have been none born since about 1943, so I doubt we've actually had many cockney fans at Hillsborough for the past five or six years. These Wednesday fans just make themselves sound thick.

You need to check out the definition of the word Cockney. There have been none born since about 1943, so I doubt we've actually had many cockney fans at Hillsborough for the past five or six years. These Wednesday fans just make themselves sound thick.

No-ones been born within the sound of Bow bells since 1943?

No-ones been born within the sound of Bow bells since 1943?

Here's the least fun post of the day:

The original bells were damaged in the war in 1941, so anybody born between then and 1961, when the bells were recast for ringing, would not have been.

And after that slab of fun I've got a queue of girls a mile long outside my front door, so I'd better scram.