Guest LEGEND

Boys got some skill, was watching him at half time...quality.

I know that won't help much in a real match, but was entertaining to watch.

He clearly has talent, it's just getting the best out of him and making him work for the team.

And agreed, could probably do with losing some weight.

He played about 20 minutes at Bolton, think that was the longest he's been on the field in any game so far

Not enough to judge, but it's annoying how little we are actually using Drenthe and Hope at the moment, we just put the same 11 out every week and wait until the 80th minute to change anything, regardless of how stagnant the performance gets.

Admittedly Hope will only be here because Everton will be paying his wages, but why sign these lads and not use them 

Guest LEGEND

He played about 20 minutes at Bolton, think that was the longest he's been on the field in any game so far

Not enough to judge, but it's annoying how little we are actually using Drenthe and Hope at the moment, we just put the same 11 out every week and wait until the 80th minute to change anything, regardless of how stagnant the performance gets.

Admittedly Hope will only be here because Everton will be paying his wages, but why sign these lads and not use them 

I wondered that about Hope,

with 20 minutes to go and Nuhiu clearly tired...why not throw Hope ona nd let him run around and try and nick a goal.

No matter how young and inexperienced his is...the lad has pace and can finish. Waste of talent and a loan to be sitting on our bench,

He didn't have chance to show what he can do last night, good block tackle thigh and clearly up for the cause.

I thought Gray should have played him on the left wing instead of May though, Drenthe is ineffective in midfield

exactly this !!! 

winger in central midfield

central striker out on wing 

where's the logic ??????????????????????????????????????????????

I can't see a thread discussing his performances so thought I'd start one.

He looked a bit livelier last night, some decent chasing down.

However, I'm glad we can give him back as I don't reckon I've seen him beat a man once in what must aggregate to around two hours of football, cant remember too many crosses from the byline and he struggles to elevate the ball. He's most definitely not been an impact loan signing to say the least.

Still time and there must be a player in there... is it a confidence thing?

He's woefully short of match sharpness as illustrated by his exciting but "heart in the mouth" over-committed slide tackles. 

I expect Drenthe to be allowed to join on a free in January reading don't want him

they´ll have to pay him off first or i doubt he´ll be going anywhere .he´s evidently on big wages there and we couldnt offer him anywhere near it .

This kid could be the signing of the century if secured, his ability is unquestionable, keep him low profile and gently up his game time

The second half of the season will be very interesting indeed

what do you base that on bunny?.......cant be what youve seen of him here,reading cant get rid of him ,everton sent him packing ,he was boo´d off at hercules and got so much stick off the fans at madrid at asked to be left out .

Boys got some skill, was watching him at half time...quality.

I know that won't help much in a real match, but was entertaining to watch.

He clearly has talent, it's just getting the best out of him and making him work for the team.

And agreed, could probably do with losing some weight.

Aye..so did I..he fell over the ball runnin' back towards the tunnel...

....get rid lol

not sure how much longer his Reading contract got to go - but he will not need to keep playing if he really doesn't fancy it - My Reading mate reckons  he's on 45K a week - hence  they are so desperate to get  him  off their wage bill.