Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

Given this guys reputation off the field. I'm surprised we didnt go for Chris eagles who is available for free

Drenthe for me no contest. He is a certified nut job but I honestly don't care. It is how he responds to the opportunity that interests me.

I agree with the more grounded views on here that it is a win/win situation for us. He is here loan, if it works we are the beneficiaries of a very astute piece of dealing. If he screws up then it is "Goodnight Vienna, Royston, and here's your P45 so good luck sunshine".

Edited by F. Spiksley

That photo is not Reading's kit for this season so I wouldn't base how he looks too much on that.

However, he hasn't had any first team football for a while so it could be that he is in even worse shape now!

He still can't touch Paddy Kenny's recent blubbery efforts though, that was a sight to behold... lol

I'm not convinced with this signing, but when he plays he will get my support.

People saying it's a low risk signing but I disagree.

On the plus side, he could be the winger we need and could bring out the best in our forwards by getting past fullbacks and putting in decent early crosses.

On the other hand, if he loses interest, doesn't like the physical approach of opposition defenders, he could be a disruptive influence and destroy the team spirit that we have. It is the team ethic that has been key to our reasonable start, not individual skills. Big risk. I hope Stu has got it right.

Out of the door in 24 hrs

I'm undecided on this one , didn't expect us to bring anybody in to be honest but we really did need a bit more competition out wide so I'm not complaining at all

The lad has had a nightmare at Reading for whatever reason but he's undoubtedly got quality in his locker and that's something we definately require , this isn't Reading FC it's sheffield Wednesday and hopefully a fresh start for the guy if he gets his head down and works hard it could be a great move for us both

Probably his last shot at it in England , and will be interesting to see if Loovens has had any input on this deal are they mates ? Could be a good influence to help Drenthe settle in