Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

I refuse to talk about Father Ted any longer.

Feel for ya mate. You probably were on this site back when we had him so must know his ways well!

How he got appointed is still baffling most football fans. Think I can say don't think it'll be long till there's another managerial departure.

He's a round peg in a round hole to quote a former dull manager, looks to be very comfortable with the ball at his feet. I hope he has a point to prove and has been training extremely hard with the Reading U21's (highly doubt) - Free's up Maghoma for a more central or right sided position, which in turn puts pressure on Maguire to keep his position. 

He's not the Championship experienced winger I would have liked (Chris Eagles, Stephen Quinn, Chris Burke etc...) and he's not the young raw talent I would have preferred either (Sammy Ameobi, Islam Feruz etc...)  

He simply is a fall from grace and it's his last chance saloon at Hillsborough

Good luck Roy

Two things:

He'll slip wonderfully into the dressing room spirit when they get him up on the 'Song' chair. If he bottles it or considers himself above it he'll be gone.

He has never played at a club with fans like 'Wednesdayites'. He will fall in love with us and the club.

Welcome to the MASSIVE Mr Drenthe. Don't get too big for your boots unless you're shiiiitt hot ..then you can get as big as you want x

Pretty sure that's one of the things he won't have a problem with!

He'll slip wonderfully into the dressing room spirit when they get him up on the 'Song' chair. If he bottles it or considers himself above it he'll be gone.

Guest Sheff Owl

Royston Drenthe has revealed that his heroes when he was young were Robin van Persie and Glenn Loovens, as he watched them both play for Feyenoord in the Champions League.

The Dutch international is preparing to appear in Europe's elite club competition this week for Real Madrid when they face FC Zurich in Switzerland.

Watching his heroes back in Rotterdam, the young Drenthe dreamed of being a part of the European nights and hoped to emulate the current Arsenal and Celtic stars.

"When I was 14 years old I used to watch Robin van Persie [who was then 18] and Glenn Loovens [who now plays for Celtic] play in the Champions League with Feyenoord," he was quoted as saying by Madrid's official website.

"That's when I decided I also wanted to be in that tournament. We won the league when I reached the first team at Feyenoord. I gradually took things step by step from then onwards.

"My goal was to play in the Champions League and to experience the atmosphere of a European game."

Only doubt is is his attitude - he's a better player than maghoma will ever be. if he plays up - send him back to reading. If he plays well - we're laughing..

Signing Drenthe is a massive gamble, has all the hallmarks of a desperation signing.

Undoubtedly talented, but had problems at every club he's played for.

I'd be slightly more confident in Stuart Gray getting the best out of him if Royston wasn't brain dead, he's been performing miracles, but turning Drenthe around is bigger than the loaves and fishes gig.

Hopefully, I'm totally wrong and some pr1ck resurrects this thread in a couple of months just to laugh at me.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We've got Royston Drenthe

He drinks Creme do Menthe

That's because he's Frenthe

Come on Royston Drenthe.

na naaaa  na na .. na na naaa na..

There you are song sorted...

Edited by Johnbloodaxe