Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

Talk about someone who's career's gone downhill fast.

Was he dogger for Bolton last season? I always rated him so i'd take him in a heartbeat.

Not sure but we have needed a creative winger who can take people on and deliver a cross. I suspected we didn't want him because of the squad character then we sign drenthe!

He's obviously got issues but not sure what folk are worried about. Not like we turned down loads of incredibly talented reliable wingers to get him is it? We needed a winger and have got someone who might just take things by storm.

In a nutshell I'd rather have him to bring off the bench than Paul Corry... If it doesn't work out see you later

All signings come with an element of risk about them and this is no different, I am confident however that the club wouldn't have signed a player if they believe he would be a disruption to the team ethic and spirit that the players and Stuart Gray have spoken highly of this season.

It is a short term deal - the onus is on Drenthe to prove himself. If he doesn't then Wednesday let him go in a couple of months but if there's anybody I'd back to get the most from an under-performing player then it would be Stuart Gray.

Guest SGEMMELL_OWL94

Former Real Madrid and Everton wideman Royston Drenthe invites Reading fans to play FIFA 14 tournament... at his house

• Royston Drenthe invited Reading fans for a FIFA tournament at his house
  • Former Real Madrid and Everton winger awarded winner a shirt
  • Dutchman has been told he can leave Royals having signed last summer

Reading winger Royston Drenthe challenged fans to a FIFA 14 tournament at his house on Sunday.

The former Everton and Real Madrid wideman took to Instagram to invite local Royals supporters for a game of the popular console game and revealed the winner would receive a 'nice prize'.

Nearly 800 people put their names forward before the 27-year-old then picked out four lucky winners to take part.

Posting a picture of the participants in what appeared to be his back garden, Drenthe said: 'Tournament about to begin good luck lads,' before proceeding to give a running commentary of the games as his guests battled it out.

The winner received one of Drenthe's match-worn Reading shirts and what appeared to be a cash prize - judging by the picture the midfielder shared via his Instagram account.

Having signed a two-year deal with Reading last summer, the Dutchman was reportedly told he could leave the Championship club in July and has also been stripped of his No 10 shirt.

Drenthe began his career with Feyenoord before spells with Real Madrid and Everton.

Joining the Toffees on loan in 2011, the left-footer went on to score three times in 21 appearances for the Blues.

what a legend!

Guest Big Guns

All signings come with an element of risk about them and this is no different, I am confident however that the club wouldn't have signed a player if they believe he would be a disruption to the team ethic and spirit that the players and Stuart Gray have spoken highly of this season.

It is a short term deal - the onus is on Drenthe to prove himself. If he doesn't then Wednesday let him go in a couple of months but if there's anybody I'd back to get the most from an under-performing player then it would be Stuart Gray.

You mean like Alan Irvine that's more than an element of risk it's pure flipping madness