Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

I hope that:

1. The loan can be cancelled by us at short notice with no penalty.

2. There is a nominal fee to make it permanent.

Because he's either going to be brilliant and we'll want to keep him permanently or he'll be awful, lazy, disruptive and we'll want to get rid, there's no in betweens with this kind of player!

Guest Sheff Owl

Robs got nark on...

@robstaton did you, or did you not say today that SWFC are unlikely to make any new additions?

Rob Staton â€@robstaton  15m

@Rich_J_Howarth At 9am I reported club wasn't expecting to do any business but that things could change. This afternoon, things changed.

@robstaton thanks. We got there in the end

@Rich_J_Howarth yes, it's a shame I had to explain something in four tweets to you that everyone else understood in one. Good evening.

I'm told Drenthe move came out of the blue for #SWFC. Also told Wednesday not in any other discussions & not expecting to start any.]

Thats actually a very "odd" statement. The move came "out of the blue" for Wednesday ?

Strange if you think about it !

How can a signing come "out of the blue" for a club ? Not Mammadovs influence is it ?

Maybe he just turned up at reception with his bags and asked if he could have a game

Guest JonTheOwl66

This seasons Boothroyd?

Hopefully not.

Has talent, but is a bit of a capend by all accounts.

Hopefully Gray can work some magic with him.

Met his match with Mattock then ant he?

I'm told Drenthe move came out of the blue for #SWFC. Also told Wednesday not in any other discussions & not expecting to start any.]

Thats actually a very "odd" statement. The move came "out of the blue" for Wednesday ?

Strange if you think about it !

How can a signing come "out of the blue" for a club ? Not Mammadovs influence is it ?

Sounds like Reading were offering him to clubs imo.