Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not got a great feeling about this one tbh. The last thing we need is some billy big bo110cks rolling up in a flash car at the training ground and putting in minimal effort.

I hope I'm way off the mark and he proves to be a master stroke. Would love a player that can get everyone out of their seats and it seems at one point in his career he was more than capable of that.

In terms of footballing ability this lad has to be one of the best signings we have made in many a year. Granted he has issues, but you don't play for Real Madrid & The Netherlands if you don't have something special.

We've got Stuart Gray who's working wonders in getting the right stuff out of players that several people on here said aren't fit to wear the shirt. We've got back room staff who are building a team spirit throughout the club and Glen Loovens to guide him. You have to admit too, Madine hasn't been arrested whilst Gray has been manager ;)

For now I'm not worried that he's got issues. If he didn't there's no way in hell we would have been able to sign him. I really hope that we have an option to buy him, because once he pulls on the blue and white shirt and see's what it's like to play in front of the kop he's going to love it here. There were a heck of a lot of people that said Waddle was past it when we signed him, to me, he was the best player I have ever seen play for us. This lad's 27 and with the right guidance could become a legend for us.

I'm going to look on the bright side and think we've got ourselves a new a star; only time will tell if he becomes another Michael Johnson.

You just know how it will go. We have him on loan when we were offered him on a free. He performs miracles week in week out and then Reading want 2 million for him. We then shoot ourselves in the foot once again. However, its a safe move for us as it is.

Reading won't be able to demand 2 Mill for him - his contract expires in the summer and given his status as an outcast there, there's no chance he'll re-sign. They'll have to take whatever they can get in January so likely within our price range, although you'd worry that if he's really good desperate moneybags teams would be able to blow us out of the water on wages.

This is a pretty decent looking side....

--------------Westwood-------------

Buxton Lees Loovens Dielna

Maguire Lee Hutchinson Drenthe

--------------Nuhiu May------------

No disrespect to Dielna but Mattock has done nowt to be deserve being out of that line up.

No disrespect to Dielna but Mattock has done nowt to be deserve being out of that line up.

Agreed. Mattock has come on in leaps and bounds this season. Maguire however hasn't hit last season's levels and with Hope waiting in the wings his position might be under more pressue than Mattock's on current form.

After wondering if Drenthe still wanted to be a footballer or saw his future as a poo rapper?

Which got me thinking about Dutch music in general, and imo the only two decent groups to come out of Holland are Golden Earring and The Frog.

I realise our younger members probably have never heard of Golden Earring never mind The Frog, and I doubt none of our older members have heard of The Frog,

They're a funky 80's band.......the album, Be Kind to Animals Kiss a Frog is really good and never got the acclaim it deserved.

Some of the tracks are on YouTube, give them a listen, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#reminiscing, ignore me#

After wondering if Drenthe still wanted to be a footballer or saw his future as a poo rapper?

Which got me thinking about Dutch music in general, and imo the only two decent groups to come out of Holland are Golden Earring and The Frog.

I realise our younger members probably have never heard of Golden Earring never mind The Frog, and I doubt none of our older members have heard of The Frog,

They're a funky 80's band.......the album, Be Kind to Animals Kiss a Frog is really good and never got the acclaim it deserved.

Some of the tracks are on YouTube, give them a listen, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#reminiscing, ignore me#

Focus?

I think it's sometimes a bit easy to get pissy panicky about players and their personality.

Many seem to be saying we have a good group and that they don't want Royston to disrupt that. Maybe we should be thinking, we have a good group, with some big characters in it already, so maybe he will fit right in and love it?

He's not the only foreigner in the squad, or the only international (former or current), or the only one to play in the CL, or the only one with a less than perfect track record. We have a mixed bunch here now but everything we see and hear suggests it's a great squad to be a part of. You just never know, it could be this club, this team, this manager at this time that kick-starts his career.