Claude Dielna signs OFFICIAL

I do wonder whether Milan was protecting the financial position of the club in order not to baulk the proposed takeover. It might be that all bets are now unequivocally off unless Mammadov returns to the table with something concrete and if so then prudent permanent signings might now bolster the loan signings that we have been expecting.

Hmmm, it does seem that way. He may go on to be a great player for us. I don't know anything about him but his past suggests that he's more than a capable understoody to Lees and Loovens. I suppose when there's a takeover on the horizon you don't want a massive squad either, especially one full of players who aren't good enough and need moving on. I suppose in a way Man Utd are in that position now, minus an actual takeover.

I just hope we manage to secure a good winger on a permanent deal as well since we're so short in that area. I don't mind one coming in on loan but signing someone permanently would put us in a really good position at the end of this season. A lot of players are out of contract, so we'd be in a good position to re-sign our better players and add quality rather then quantity to the reasonable squad we already have.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Smart signing. He will start against Bolton with Loovens out.  I then think he may challenge Mattock for the left back spot.  Joe has had a good start but I will take some convincingas to whether he is good enough or not.  Gray sees (rightly or wrongly) Helan as a winger so by my book we have covered to positions with this boy.  Just a winger needed now and get rid of McCabe and/or Corry and we will be set.

Smart signing. He will start against Bolton with Loovens out.  I then think he may challenge Mattock for the left back spot.  Joe has had a good start but I will take some convincingas to whether he is good enough or not.  Gray sees (rightly or wrongly) Helan as a winger so by my book we have covered to positions with this boy.  Just a winger needed now and get rid of McCabe and/or Corry and we will be set.

Exactly.

Brought in to provide cover at left back, in addition to centre back.

Mentioned this a couple of times. Falling on deaf ears. For some reason, everyone has decided he's been brought in simply as a central defender.

Claude Dielna career record

Lorient

Apps 0

Goals 0

Istres

Apps 62

Goals 1

Olympiacos

Apps 0

Goals 0

Sedan

Apps 25

Goals 2

Ajaccio

Apps 22

Goals 0

Seems like a good Championship player, Could come In and do a Job straight away.

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Claude Dielna

Ajaccio won only once in the 22 games Dielna played for them last season. In the 16 games he didn't play they won three times.

I do wonder whether Milan was protecting the financial position of the club in order not to baulk the proposed takeover. It might be that all bets are now unequivocally off unless Mammadov returns to the table with something concrete and if so then prudent permanent signings might now bolster the loan signings that we have been expecting.

I am convinced all bets are off based upon Milan's last video message. Before, the message was "I'm given Mr Mammadov time" but now the message is "The club's safe in my hands" (or something like that). It's like Milan is saying "I'm here fore the foreseeable future".

Last night I asked the barman here (who is an Olympiakos fan) about him and he said "maybe he is not so good." Never got in the first team but playing champions league more often than not they have to be better than us so I'm hoping a good player for our level.

I'm happy to trust Gray.

Common opinion about Lees suggested he wasn't all that before he pulled a shirt on.

Sometimes it is as much about will he fit into how you want your team to play.

Trust in all things Gray...!

I think he is going to turn out to be a good signing imo.

When we signed Kelhar, we decided to give him a short term deal, but now he is out for the rest of the season.

The fact we gave Claude a 3 year deals means that it was a more thought out deal/investment and hopefully he turns out to be a cracking player. 

Know nothing about the lad but i do think we needed to bring in a left sided defender , if Loovens is out your relying on Zayatte who's coming back from a long term injury and isn't particularly all that good

Loovens will also probably pick a few more suspensions and injuries up along the way this season, don't think for a second he isn't a stuart Gray signing and he wouldn't chuck a 3yr contract at him if he didn't think he could do a job

Guest UpTheOwlsss

109 games played by dielna

He's 26

Kelhar is 30 so a few years older and has played 219 games

Wikipedia source

Not the best but usually pretty decent

Sound and all that but we are crying out for a winger!!

i think gray knows that and if he can find one better than we have and at a price we can afford then i suspect he´ll move for him. but you cant just put the other parts of the team on the back burner while your looking though . we ´re a defender short one,s come up in our price range and we signed him .

And on permanent signings too.

In previous seasons we'd have the same number of players but 4 or 5 (even 6 or 7 sometimes) would be loans. We've also brought in a good few 1 year contracts for Bullen to look at in the dev squad. Takeover shambles aside we've actually had a very constructive transfer window.

But we were flat out told that the takeover issues would mean that we wouldn't sign any players, and the fact that we didn't have all our business done by the very first day of pre-season would mean we would have a rubbish start to the season?

I don't get it??!!