On way back/player ratings

not that old myth.

He played well enough in a 442 towards the end of last season before his injury.

Semedo plays well with Lee alongside, or maybe Coke. Him and Hutchinson as a pairing were never gonna work, especially at home

Westwood 6 Didn't have a lot to do but flapped at a cross or two.

Palmer 6 Did well, looks better all the time. Looks dangerous going forward.

Loovens 7 Solid and did nothing wrong really.

Lees 7 See above. Looking like a very good signing.

Mattock 6 Did well defensively. A couple of really good crosses. A different player to last season.

Maguire 6 Would have got 5 but he scored. Never really got going worked hard defending.

Hutchinson 7 Quality on the ball, ran to close defenders down when no-one else was.

Semedo 4 Looked way off the pace, slow to react, couldn't win headers, poor passing.

Maghoma 6 Played well in spells but over complicated sometimes.

Nuhiu 6 Wasn't as good as Saturday, struggled to play with the defensive midfield.

May 6 Didn't get a clear cut chance but worked his socks off. Needs more support around him.

Coke 6 One of his hide and seek performances.

Madine 6 Some nice link up play, again struggled with no-one to lay it off to.

Helan 6 A couple of good runs. A clear dive to try to get a penalty when he could have tried to get a foot in.

Overall we paid the price for a too defensive midfield. With no Lee we struggle as he finds space and is available for the ball. Stupid goal to concede when we have the ball in the corner. We were lucky to come away with a draw over the whole match but we are still unbeaten. We now need 2 players in the next week or so as we are desperately short on numbers but listening to Gray I'm not hopefull.

Westwood - 6

Palmer - 6

Lees - 7

Loovens - 7

Mattock - 7

Maguire - 6

Semedo - 5

Hutchinson - 7

Maghoma - 6

Nuhiu - 6

May - 6

Failure to keep the ball cost us, though we nearly got away with it.

Missed Kieran Lee hugely.

Out sure why Semedo played instead of Coke, Jose just kept losing the ball.

May again very quiet.

Didn't deserve to win.

Semi - 6 (lost the ball but won the ball often also)

Palmer did well with Martin who is a decent player on his day, they even put him on the other side around 70 mins to try going at mattock instead so I think palmer could have a 7

other than that I'd agree

Slaughter boys out once again

Westwood 6 didn't have owt to do

Palmer 7 good use of ball played well

Loovens 8 solid at back

Lees 8 as above

Mattock 6 would have been a 7 until 94th min error

Magoma 5 overplayed not his best game

Semi 6 average

Hutchinson 7 warrior

Maguire 7 better than weekend decent goal

May 7 worked his ass off

Nuhiu 6 no real impact

Coke 6 tidy

Madine 5 didn't offer much

Helen 5 few good runs, left mattock exposed

My opinion on tonight... Thoughts???

Westwood 7- Feel confident with him in net, good kicking and commands his area well. Also did a good job at putting the penalty taker off.

Palmer 8- Great game again. He's much stronger and looks much bigger than he was when he first burst onto the scene. Developing into a very good player. Strong in the tackle, good range of passing, plenty of energy. Quite remarkable how far he's come on. Hope he keeps going.

Loovens 7- Another calm performance, one error with a header back which they nearly capitalised on but good game

Lees 7- Building a good partnership with Loovens, just as calm and comfortable on the ball. Looks a very shrewd signing

Mattock 7- Very good game, however his header back into danger led to their goal which is a shame because he was excellent all game. One block he made from a Fuller shot was amazing.

Maguire 6- Again not his usual busy self, worked hard but not as effective with the ball. Good freekick and should have kept the ball in the corner, 20 seconds later they've scored.

Hutchinson 7- Just a quality player. Such a shame about his injury problems, but he wouldn't be with us if he didn't have them. Would have probably taken him off 10 minutes before we did.

Semedo 6- Defensively strong and a nuisance all night but his passing wasn't good enough. Either too slow or not crisp enough, can't fault his effort but he's much more effective away from home in a 3 man midfield where his primary job is to break up the play. He's not a passer.

Maghoma 6- Frustrated me tonight hugely. Too many times he took one too many touches in very good positions. The one in the first half my god why didn't he just hit it when he had the chance, as if he was trying to score the perfect goal.

Nuhiu 6- Same old, works hard, causes their defence problems but not a real goal threat all night. Ball didn't quite stick to him when played to his chest

May 6- Ran around a lot, can't fault the effort but seemed to me he was trying too hard to impress. Fluffed a couple of chances aswell, needs time.

Coke 6- Would have started him instead of Hutch to be honest, nothing wrong when he came on.

Madine 7- Looked sharp again, good running, won more flick ons then Nuhiu did and brought others into the game well, I'd start him.

Helan 7- Did well, we needed that injection of pace, should have had a penalty for a blatant tug on his shirt when he was in the box. Could be to blame for the goal but think it was a tough challenge to make.

Slaughter boys out once again

Westwood 6 didn't have owt to do

Palmer 7 good use of ball played well

Loovens 8 solid at back

Lees 8 as above

Mattock 6 would have been a 7 until 94th min error

Magoma 5 overplayed not his best game

Semi 6 average

Hutchinson 7 warrior

Maguire 7 better than weekend decent goal

May 7 worked his ass off

Nuhiu 6 no real impact

Coke 6 tidy

Madine 5 didn't offer much

Helen 5 few good runs, left mattock exposed

My opinion on tonight... Thoughts???

Would agree except I think that madine looked decent and looked more likely to make something happen than nuhiu