Statement

I'm happy with the statement, takeover is taking slightly longer than expected as we all knew...

Club also jumped at the chance to let it's supporters know on a Saturday night!

It seems like a sigh of relief from Milan, knowing that eventually it will happen & we will have a billionaire owner. Squad is already a fair bit better than last season's starting squad, yet people think we're miles off...

This statement concerns me on 2 levels:

1) the takeover is clearly not as progressed as has been intimated.

2) He has not had time to visit the uk to finalise the takeover but he was in London to meet Milan.

This coupled with the FC Lens saga, the families banking problems, etc.. worries me.

There are some posts on here that seem to miss this point    Are we the only ones that thought the deal was done, signed & sealed and awaiting ratification ? -HM was the new owner I understood I thought that information had been given officially weeks ago   now we hear they are still finalising the deal

i read a weird tweet from someone a few days ago intimating the FL were still waiting on HM  I thought that's BS cos the deal is done now it seems that was true  something isn't square here   ok it will get ratified no doubt, but this faffing about with the french club 'bank holiday+  fax breakdowns'  has fooked the start to our season again.  SG must be pulling his hair out just hope he's supported the second he can be

Guest mkowl

There are some posts on here that seem to miss this point Are we the only ones that thought the deal was done, signed & sealed and awaiting ratification ? -HM was the new owner I understood I thought that information had been given officially weeks ago now we hear they are still finalising the deal

i read a weird tweet from someone a few days ago intimating the FL were still waiting on HM I thought that's BS cos the deal is done now it seems that was true something isn't square here ok it will get ratified no doubt, but this faffing about with the french club 'bank holiday+ fax breakdowns' has fooked the start to our season again. SG must be pulling his hair out just hope he's supported the second he can be

I just think it was all a bit premature - so to speak and the communication a bit confused. I know from real life that the time lag between a deal being concluded in principle and the deal being signed off can be weeks, even months. The due diligence process can throw up curveballs, but then throw in the curveball of Lens and i suspect liquidity problems in the Baghlan empire then that timespan grows.

There is a further curveball of FL ratification and none of us have a clue if the prelims have been done on that or not or how long that process will take in this scenario

However in terms of a squad going into the season it will be competitive as it currently stands. I actually didn't think huge sums were going to be thrown at this from day one, think it even less likely now.

I appreciate at your age though Steelowl .....

Guest mkowl

I love these modern day 'statements' that involve a lot of words that tell you the square root of f*ck all.

Like most of my letters to clients if truth be told

Our fans want this complete in a quicker time than it takes to buy a house. Crazy but it was a PR gaff to mention 1-3 weeks at first. No other takeover has been done that quickly as far as I can see.

Rather a lot of gaffs going on lately though, don't you think ?

Both here, in France and even Azzerland.

Still we've got our new shirts, What else could we moan about ?

Oh, wait a minute !

I just think it was all a bit premature - so to speak and the communication a bit confused. I know from real life that the time lag between a deal being concluded in principle and the deal being signed off can be weeks, even months. The due diligence process can throw up curveballs, but then throw in the curveball of Lens and i suspect liquidity problems in the Baghlan empire then that timespan grows.

There is a further curveball of FL ratification and none of us have a clue if the prelims have been done on that or not or how long that process will take in this scenario

However in terms of a squad going into the season it will be competitive as it currently stands. I actually didn't think huge sums were going to be thrown at this from day one, think it even less likely now.

I appreciate at your age though Steelowl .....

at least I don't look it whereas .........

I'm sure in hindsight they wished they had never said 1-3 weeks. I still stand by the thought that the problems with Lens has lengthened the process.

Maybe in hindsight they are also wishing they didn't get rid of five centre backs

Concerning that he can't prioritise the initial transaction of the club, after all any delay significantly jeopardises his new business as we can't build a squad over night.

Can imagine half of Gray's transfer targets will have retired by the time we get round to having talks with them.

Mess, a worrying mess.