Statement

Quoted from the initial announcement at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-sheffield-wednesday-announce-takeover-confirmation-1628989.aspx confirming a deal has been agreed

Now find me where in the new statement at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-takeover-update-1784619.aspx that backs up the posters claim that the deal is not done, or that the process has gone backwards in any way. In actual fact, they have actually stated:

So would you say the process has actually moved a step forward due to due diligence being completed since the original announcement? They aren't anything I've made up, all purely from the club

Likewise, I have never claimed I have any ideas what the outcome of this whole thing is, it could all still fall through all I know. However, making out the deal has gone backwards is scaremongering and contradicting what the club has said. Just like people saying he hasn't got a pot to p*** in and it's all due to Lens blah blah blah. All speculation, no substance

Also, when have I said you aren't entitled to say you aren't impressed? More than welcome to

Means nowt though does it?

'Many a slip between cup and lip' - my Mum (aged 82).

Having also had a heavy night at Tramlines, and having trawled through all the now 24 pages, your opening assessment is correct.Regarding the FL ratification process, the Club Statement reads "the club will hopefully soon be in a position to complete the regulatory requirements as set by the Football League".I don't read that as the FL ratification process hasn't begun yet. I read as we have started the process, and we have already provided information required, but the FL need more information and we have been working to get that. The FL requirements for Directors/Owners have previously been posted on here, but what seems to be an additional requirement, which I have picked up from the Doncaster Rovers proposed takeover is that as part of a takeover a viable business plan needs presenting and if that plan involves further investment, then evidence of those funds needs to be presented. That is why the Donny bid failed so quickly. And I would assess that this is probably the part of the process that has caught us out and is therefore the part that is taking more time.Admittedly, I have done some reading between the lines, but I don't think it as simple as to say that we haven't yet started the process with the FL.

Spot on, that is how I read the situation.

''I AM VERY EXCITED AT HIS PLANS(MAMMAS)FOR THE FUTURE''!

Listen to what he's saying ffs!!

Met fri nite...

Shirt sponsers!!!

Lens now sorted and promoted!!

Some reeeeeeght drama queens on here!!

It is happening...takes time...

Get over it piggy blunts...

Owls don't let em get to ya!!..

WAWAWAWAW

UTO!!!...

Believe !!!!

''I AM VERY EXCITED AT HIS PLANS(MAMMAS)FOR THE FUTURE''!

Listen to what he's saying ffs!!

Met fri nite...

Shirt sponsers!!!

Lens now sorted and promoted!!

Some reeeeeeght drama queens on here!!

It is happening...takes time...

Get over it piggy blunts...

Owls don't let em get to ya!!..

WAWAWAWAW

UTO!!!...

Believe !!!!

OK :rolleyes:

that's the point though isn't it...if the French journo's around Lens hadn't leaked it to put pressure on HM this probably would have been the first we heard of it...MM doesn't like anything coming out until it's signed sealed and delivered but his hand was forced...we are where we are

Are you blaming the French Journo?

This^

but this may lead to a few binary gags

01010111011001010010000001100001011100100110010100100000011000010110110001101100001000000101011101100101011001000110111001100101011100110110010001100001011110010010000001100001011100100110010101101110001001110111010000100000011101110110010100111111 ;)

Trying to assess all this and really not sure what to make of it,

The sale of a business in very general terms follows stages

1) You put the business up for sale

2) People take an interest but in the main these are timewasters, tyre kickers

3) You get a serious person taking an interest

4) There is preliminary exchange of financial information, basic due diligence, proof of funds,

5) The Heads of Terms are agreed and signed off, an offer price, payment terms etc being part of that

6) The detailed due diligence is undertaken, the sale and purchase agreement document is discussed by the advisory teams, warranties given

7) The agreement is signed off and initial monies possibly put into an escrow account - Exchange of contracts

8) In this case FL ratification will be sought at this stage

9) On FL approval and presumably any other conditional clauses being met then there is Completion

The issue here is that on 10th June the inference (and perhaps we all mis-interpreted this) is that we were at or around stage 7 of the process, but it appears that in fact it was only stage 5. The well publicised issues for HM in Azerbaijan and at Lens have inevitably led to a delay in Stage 6.

So was Friday's meeting all about stage 7 - not saying to sign off but close to it

The fact that there has been a delay is no surprise in the world of business, the process can be a roller coaster. However the communication has not been ideal in this especially with the Wednesday fan base always looking to put 2 and 2 together to make 5

Great post.

This post helps explain the situation to me in layman's terms.

I'm going to get negged but stuff it, it needs saying:

Wow, how whiney are you lot and how much crap do you spout. You're like a bunch of kids

Firstly, the sale was never "complete" on the 10th June like some are saying, an deal had been agreed (http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-sheffield-wednesday-announce-takeover-confirmation-1628989.aspx).. No deal is ever "complete" until it is all signed sealed and delivered, which was never the case.

Secondly, people saying that it is obvious this Lens business has caused troubles....Where do you get that from when the statement clear says its due to his business interests in Azerbaijan? Oh, is it more "rumours" that have no substance?

Thirdly, people saying that MM should be putting money in his pocket. Why on earth should he do that? Any money he puts in now he will not receive back as part of the sale. MM isn't stupid. Is it to the disadvantage of our club, ofc it is. If he did and asked for it back you would all complain because it would delay proceedings and say that he shouldn't have put the money in

Next, complaining that the club don't make any updates for weeks, yet when they do they get absolutely slated for it. Jesus Christ. You all got what you wanted but just because you don't like it because it isn't going to be completed in next few days you all spit your dummies out

Grow some balls the lot of you.

THIS

Guest mkowl

The interpretation in the original statement of the phrase "we have concluded a deal" is what is causing the problem

In hindsight it meant we have agreed the heads of terms of a deal so now we can get the paperwork process up and running. I blame the accountants and lawyers - they will be making mountains out of molehills to push their fees up

With reference to the statement:

"During this time, however, the due diligence process has been completed and the club will hopefully soon be in a position to complete the regulatory requirements set by the Football League." 

I think the fact that these two comments were made in the same paragraph would lead us to believe they are referring to the due diligence being conducted by the FL. It probably needed Mamma's attendance in London to finalise it and he has not been able to get to London until this week.

Doesn't sound like an issue to me.

Mamma would have done his due diligence well before even making an offer.

A wise business man would not release funds to invest in a possible new business entity until he had absolute 100% clarification he is the new owner. It sounds like he took a step nearer to that on Friday.

He also would not release funds to MM until he is confirmed the new owner.

Looks like we are getting a wise and shrewd business man as our new owner. I for one think that is bloody marvellous.

Nothing to see here. Move along!

I'm going to get negged but stuff it, it needs saying:

Wow, how whiney are you lot and how much crap do you spout. You're like a bunch of kids

Firstly, the sale was never "complete" on the 10th June like some are saying, an deal had been agreed (http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-sheffield-wednesday-announce-takeover-confirmation-1628989.aspx).. No deal is ever "complete" until it is all signed sealed and delivered, which was never the case.

Secondly, people saying that it is obvious this Lens business has caused troubles....Where do you get that from when the statement clear says its due to his business interests in Azerbaijan? Oh, is it more "rumours" that have no substance?

Thirdly, people saying that MM should be putting money in his pocket. Why on earth should he do that? Any money he puts in now he will not receive back as part of the sale. MM isn't stupid. Is it to the disadvantage of our club, ofc it is. If he did and asked for it back you would all complain because it would delay proceedings and say that he shouldn't have put the money in

Next, complaining that the club don't make any updates for weeks, yet when they do they get absolutely slated for it. Jesus Christ. You all got what you wanted but just because you don't like it because it isn't going to be completed in next few days you all spit your dummies out

Grow some balls the lot of you.

This.

Well said.

Guest mkowl

I wonder how many people on here have any experience of selling a multi million pound business and the complications involved.

I'd guess at absolutely none. These things take as long as they take. All the rumours and conspiracy theory's just keep people entertained.

When Mandaric is concerned I will be to. After all he has got 40 million riding on this.

Being a realist I expected Mamadov to have a season settling in before a proper assault on the play offs or higher anyway.

It may sound boring but a mid table finish will have to do this season.

Spot on - only ever been involved in smaller deals and the time involved, the paperwork etc is extraordinary. Throw in the complication of FL approval as well

It's not really "emerging" though is it? That story is 4 months old, so Milan would have known about it before going into initial discussions with Hafka, before going into this meeting last week, and the follow up article to that basically says that their US business partners have had to pay off the defaulted payments/loans because that was their contracted agreement, which on one hand is some great business for Baghlan and shows how desperate the US is for access to all of the oil/gas that Azerbaijan and thus Baghlan/Hafka have control of.

But it's still  about the money..... it's an old story  but unlikley to have gone away .HM 's main business has clearly very significant cash flow issues, and has defauled  on contracted  payments. You'd suspect that the money will eventually be found from juggling various balls but where SWFC rank in terms of HM's financial priorities none of us can possibly know.   You'd have to assume that  MM though has had firm assurances to agree to the delay.