Statement

It's not really "emerging" though is it? That story is 4 months old, so Milan would have known about it before going into initial discussions with Hafka, before going into this meeting last week, and the follow up article to that basically says that their US business partners have had to pay off the defaulted payments/loans because that was their contracted agreement, which on one hand is some great business for Baghlan and shows how desperate the US is for access to all of the oil/gas that Azerbaijan and thus Baghlan/Hafka have control of.

Who's hafka?

Who's hafka?

Hafiz Mammadov, all the Azerbaijani press call him Hafka. No idea if it's good or bad but I spent so long reading badly translated Azerbaijani websites to find out if he really was arrested that day I like to feel I'm familiar with him now!

I don't have a clue whether this takeover imminent or not, neither does anyone else. The only people with a clear idea are HM and Milan himself. We've heard that there is a mutual appreciation, indeed HM has asked Milan to stay on as chairman, which makes sense. If both parties are confident the deal will go through, why would either, potentially jeopardise the season ahead by not arming the manager with at least most of the tools to do the job. All investment in the squad is on hold, even at development level. That doesn't suggest that either party really believes a deal is close.

Why can't milan just put his hand in his pocket and get us prepared for this season!

Screw the takeover!

We are relegation fodder at the moment and all people are bothered about is the taleover

So if for instance you had just sold your house, and the purchaser had agreed say £400k as it was, would you then think I know I'll have a £15,000 kitchen and a £10,000 bathroom put in before he moved in?

Although it's not ideal from our point of view, I can understand from a business point of view why MM would limit any current spending.

I don't have a clue whether this takeover imminent or not, neither does anyone else. The only people with a clear idea are HM and Milan himself. We've heard that there is a mutual appreciation, indeed HM has asked Milan to stay on as chairman, which makes sense. If both parties are confident the deal will go through, why would either, potentially jeopardise the season ahead by not arming the manager with at least most of the tools to do the job. All investment in the squad is on hold, even at development level. That doesn't suggest that either party really believes a deal is close.

The trouble with that is that I'm not sure Milan does fully know what is going on, I'm sure he didn't expect the Lens issue or the other stuff back in Azzerland, that's probably more what the Friday meeting was about, i.e. For MH to reassure MM all was OK (presumably Holmes wasn't available)..

I tend to agree with the rest of your post though, hopefully we may still get some further investment albeit in the loan market...

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

So if for instance you had just sold your house, and the purchaser had agreed say £400k as it was, would you then think I know I'll have a £15,000 kitchen and a £10,000 bathroom put in before he moved in?

Although it's not ideal from our point of view, I can understand from a business point of view why MM would limit any current spending.

No, but if you'd agreed a price but hadn't exchanged, it would be in your interest to maintain the property. I agree, fancy kitchens and bathrooms are out of the question, but the house still has to be fit for purpose

No, but if you'd agreed a price but hadn't exchanged, it would be in your interest to maintain the property. I agree, fancy kitchens and bathrooms are out of the question, but the house still has to be fit for purpose

Ok we need more players, you've repeated the same thing about 40 times in this thread alone

But I would suggest the club is in exactly the same state as it was when he agreed to buy, so the club is being maintained to a suitable standard. Edited by Spookone

I hope HM paid upfront for the £100k sponsorship deal

If you really wanted to be a doom monger you might be persuaded to think that could be why the next batch of shirts are taking so long to come through (and no away shirt yet).

But clearly this isn't the case, it's all down to Sondico isn't it ?

But if your buyer doesn't go ahead then you put the house back on the market to sell to somebody else

So you just keep it ticking over and don't undertake any costly works

Minimal outlay = no costly top of the range freebies and definitely no player purchases

I don't get why people don't understand this - not saying you should embrace it but at least apply a little logic

But I would suggest the club is in exactly the same state as it was when he agreed to buy, so the club is being maintained to a suitable standard.

But its clear Mandaric has turned off the tap totally and no more players can be signed until / if the takeover is complete . Gray himself said he cannot complete  any deals until the takeover is complete. Now to start the season with no signings, with what we have got  would be horrendous . Its as if Mandaric put all his eggs in one basket and prayed this would be done before season started . There seems to be no Plan B .