Statement

The above quote is. The deal was completed on the 10th June, nothing has changed in that regard (except we now know due diligence has been completed since the 10th June so forward progress has been made).

The deal is still complete (as in an amount has been agreed by both parties). It is the formal things that need to be done

Sorry, but that is as clear as mud to me.

It means nowt.

For clarity - I have absolutely no idea how or, when, this will end. And, I've never claimed otherwise. I suspect, neither does anyone else.

Thus, I'm hardly in any position to call one posters views tripe and then anothers, correct.

What I do say is, I'm not impressed up to now. I think I'm entitled to say that at least?

Just woken up to this after a heavy night at Tramlines. No way I'm trawling through 23 pages of what I'm sure is wholly rational, well-reasoned debate, but am I right in thinking this means the FL's ratification process hasn't even begun yet? If so, what was Milan's previous comment that it should only take 3 weeks based on!?

Doesn't look like it. Although to be fair to Milan he probably didn't envisage any problems. Hopefully after last nights statement everything is back on track and progressing.

I don't have concerns the takeover won't happen, but after everything that's happened over the last few weeks with Lens and now reading that statement, I do have concerns about what will happen after it's completed.

Stories of money problems, not paying the bills at his Azeri club Baku, the whole lens farce, and now it's on the OS that the takeover is delayed because Mammadov was too busy to finish it. What happens if he's too busy to sort something out for us after he's taken over? He doesn't seem like he will be fully committed. I have serious doubts about him, and I can't understand why he even wants another club, he seems far too busy with his other 2 clubs and his business in Azerbaijan. I'm not convinced by Mammadov and his commitment to the club. I fear for what might happen AFTER he takes over.

Guest mkowl

The wording of the original press release re-reading it, is ambiguous about the stage reached

The fact it said "subject to FL ratification" rather than "subject to due diligence and then FL ratification" but the subsequent media interviews did refer to paperwork having to be completed as well

It's all about the money...............

The statement reads as though everythings been done to get the deal done but Mamadov needs to find the money and that MM is hoping he finds it before the first  game of the season.

Given the Baghaln Group's emerging financing issues  http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/02/fitch-downgrades-baghlan-to-rd-withdraw-idINFit69558720140402  and the total lack of transparency aound  HM's finances who knows whether this will happen.  

Just woken up to this after a heavy night at Tramlines. No way I'm trawling through 23 pages of what I'm sure is wholly rational, well-reasoned debate, but am I right in thinking this means the FL's ratification process hasn't even begun yet? If so, what was Milan's previous comment that it should only take 3 weeks based on!?

I read it as that the process is under way as it states "the club will hopefully soon be in a position to complete the regulatory requirements set by the Football League." It doesn't say to start the regulatory requirements, so I read it that they are under way. The due diligence is done so we're further down the road but it's taking time and there's been a delay.

Guest Steve French

I suppose it would have to be the reticulum.

I don't think it will catch on though.

That's the bestest bit. Mmmmm tripe.

Guest Steve French

For me we are between the two extremes that were being posted a few days ago.

It's not off, it isn't complete.

It doesn't make you a better fan to believe either of those things.

I believe I can fly.

I believe I can touch the sky.

Sorry, but that is as clear as mud to me.

It means nowt.

For clarity - I have absolutely no idea how or, when, this will end. And, I've never claimed otherwise. I suspect, neither does anyone else.

Thus, I'm hardly in any position to call one posters views tripe and then anothers, correct.

What I do say is, I'm not impressed up to now. I think I'm entitled to say that at least?

Quoted from the initial announcement at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-sheffield-wednesday-announce-takeover-confirmation-1628989.aspx confirming a deal has been agreed

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club are delighted to announce that an agreement has been reached which will see ownership of the Club pass from Chairman Mr Milan Mandaric to Mr Hafiz Mammadov.

Mr Mammadov, a former member of The Azerbaijan Football Association and current owner of FC Baku and RC Lens, spoke exclusively to swfc.co.uk explaining his pleasure at agreeing a deal with Milan Mandaric to take full control of the Owls.

He said: "I am immensely pleased and proud to have agreed a deal to buy this wonderful Club."

Now find me where in the new statement at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-takeover-update-1784619.aspx that backs up the posters claim that the deal is not done, or that the process has gone backwards in any way. In actual fact, they have actually stated:

During this time, however, the due diligence process has been completed and the club will hopefully soon be in a position to complete the regulatory requirements set by the Football League.

So would you say the process has actually moved a step forward due to due diligence being completed since the original announcement? They aren't anything I've made up, all purely from the club

Likewise, I have never claimed I have any ideas what the outcome of this whole thing is, it could all still fall through all I know. However, making out the deal has gone backwards is scaremongering and contradicting what the club has said. Just like people saying he hasn't got a pot to p*** in and it's all due to Lens blah blah blah. All speculation, no substance

Also, when have I said you aren't entitled to say you aren't impressed? More than welcome to

Having also had a heavy night at Tramlines, and having trawled through all the now 24 pages, your opening assessment is correct.

Regarding the FL ratification process, the Club Statement reads "the club will hopefully soon be in a position to complete the regulatory requirements as set by the Football League".

I don't read that as the FL ratification process hasn't begun yet. I read as we have started the process, and we have already provided information required, but the FL need more information and we have been working to get that. The FL requirements for Directors/Owners have previously been posted on here, but what seems to be an additional requirement, which I have picked up from the Doncaster Rovers proposed takeover is that as part of a takeover a viable business plan needs presenting and if that plan involves further investment, then evidence of those funds needs to be presented. That is why the Donny bid failed so quickly. And I would assess that this is probably the part of the process that has caught us out and is therefore the part that is taking more time.

Admittedly, I have done some reading between the lines, but I don't think it as simple as to say that we haven't yet started the process with the FL.

Given the Baghaln Group's emerging financing issues  http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/02/fitch-downgrades-baghlan-to-rd-withdraw-idINFit69558720140402  and the total lack of transparency aound  HM's finances who knows whether this will happen.  

It's not really "emerging" though is it? That story is 4 months old, so Milan would have known about it before going into initial discussions with Hafka, before going into this meeting last week, and the follow up article to that basically says that their US business partners have had to pay off the defaulted payments/loans because that was their contracted agreement, which on one hand is some great business for Baghlan and shows how desperate the US is for access to all of the oil/gas that Azerbaijan and thus Baghlan/Hafka have control of.