Who's impressed you at the World Cup?

clark carlisle & danny murphy (who sounds like BFR) martin o'neil just for that moment when he chastised cannavaro and the clown that is adrian chiles.

of the players,robben's energy levels have been astounding,if he were a cyclist,the media would be clammering for a dope test.

THIS

Robben is on another planet.

I played wing in my younger days before my back went and I love good wingers.

His energy level from minute 1 to 120 is exactly the same.

He is a freak.

Strong, fast, great technique, great touch, can cross, can cut in and can finish.

Immense!

As the title says, who's impressed you so far at the World Cup?

Especially those lesser know players that have the 'potential' to one day play in a SWFC shirt.

I've been impressed with the striker Slimani for Algeria who was a real handful and also Tejeda for Costa Rica who looks an energetic midfielder with a tackle.

Dutch sub keeper, EPIC lol

James Rodriguez, will never play in a Wednesday shirt but I'd never heard of him before and IMO he's not far behind Messi in terms of skill and technique

Id heard of him, even put him in all dreamteams (no other player made them all) but he's still impressed me, very, very good

Guest jeffrey

angel di maria,robben, but if were talking about potential targets then possibly some iranians looked or algerians

rodriguez of course, messi (as always), costa rican keeper and backline!, campbell, depay, ron vlaar, a bunch of goalkeepers who i cant think of right now and espn usa for getting a bloke with a heavy middlesbrough (i think) to commentate.

i wasnt impressed by most of the england defence apart from johnson who didnt do anything good or bad. baines was awful.

ronaldo didnt show up, robben's a horrible little man, valencia was appauling, spain are at a crisis cos atletico won the league

Never heard of Rodriguez before the tournament, not one pundit mentioned him despite Monaco paying €40 for him. It was all about Colombia missing Falcao and could Jackson Martinez take his place.

Great to see an 'unknown' take it by storm.

Edited by Bannofan

Guest wilyfox

both Yedlin and Gonzalez should be players we are looking at and would be realistic targets.

Keep dreaming.

I remember pre tournament , me and a few other posters were saying Hodgson had dropped a major ******** not taking our only world class DEFENDER Ashley Cole.

Jon the owl called us moronic :biggrin: saying Leighton Baines was far better.

I thought Baines and Jagielka were two of the poorest DEFENDERS in the entire tournament.

On the plus side , apart from the obvious ones i was really impressed with Belgiums right back Alderwiereld.

Edited by sheriwozgod