Who's impressed you at the World Cup?

As the title says, who's impressed you so far at the World Cup?

Especially those lesser know players that have the 'potential' to one day play in a SWFC shirt.

I've been impressed with the striker Slimani for Algeria who was a real handful and also Tejeda for Costa Rica who looks an energetic midfielder with a tackle.

James Rodriguez, will never play in a Wednesday shirt but I'd never heard of him before and IMO he's not far behind Messi in terms of skill and technique

I admit, I'd never really heard of him before but he plays for the money men at Monaco so must have bene pretty well known before the World Cup.

You can't have him...choose someone else :biggrin:

Yeah Rodriguez is the clear choice. But in terms of lesser known players, origi from Belgium looks good. Gonzalez of Costa Rica and cuadrado for Colombia look decent too.

The guy reza who plays for Charlton looked a handful against the argies too

Guest wilyfox

Yedlin of the USA and dos Santos of Mexico. Shame it didn't work out for him at Spurs because he's so talented.

Then obvious names like James, Sanchez, Muller & Neymar. Biggest disappointment...Spain's midfield.

That 20 year old yank full back .

Can't remember his name, the quick one.

You mean the one that went off injured in their last game? I'm sure the commentator said he'd been snapped up by someone in Germay. He was a great attacking threat.