Anyone else feeling as gloomy as me about next season?

Im just being realistic, I was genuinely more optimistic this time last season.

We've been poo for twenty years

A few years ago we were within minutes of going out of business

A couple of years before that our only signing was James O Connor

If you think it's bad now, it's a good job you weren't around in the mid seventies

You would have been suicidal

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

The Premier League riches, including the parachute payments, have upped the game in the championship I'm afraid. You either compete, or you don't, it's as simple as that. So called little clubs like Bournemouth and Brentford are prepared to pay millions to improve their squads, and none of those have parachute payments. The FFP has absolutely zero effect on what clubs do

Bournemouth already have a rich owner, and have just received around £6m from Southampton for the adam lallana transfer to Liverpool. That will help them with FFP.

What a bloody brilliant move. No wonder they are such a forward thinking, on the up club. If I was a player I'd be dying to sign for them. He was only 14 when he left them yet they were clever enough to include the clause in the contract. We're never that clever. 

A lot of people get all giddy at the tiniest of things >insert tail joke here<, then lash out when things go wrong

I prefer to look at it this way - 

We nearly always begin the season, with a weaker squad (although rose tints take awhile to wear off), than we ended the last.

Likewise, a September pre-season is becoming the norm ...

So we're used to slow starts and with the usual steady stream of loanees, to plug the gaps - we'll be reyt

shockin start to season followed by the ousting of gray in november is my thoughts

Well Gray has a ready made excuse with his pre season preparations hampered by the takeover. The timing of the takeover coupled with no momentum from the previous season means we will probably start slowly.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

It's only June

Poo it's July

Ermm

Nah we will be reyt in a fortneyt we will have signed a few quality players takeover will be ratified and owlstalk will be buzzing

What a bloody brilliant move. No wonder they are such a forward thinking, on the up club. If I was a player I'd be dying to sign for them. He was only 14 when he left them yet they were clever enough to include the clause in the contract. We're never that clever.

We weren't. But I'd like to think we are since Milan bought the club. Hopefully we put one in for Hayden Whites move to Bolton for example.

I understand the frustration, we want to get cracking. However, it wouldn't matter much whether we were dining with Lionel Messi or Peter Feeley we would always want a higher quality dinner guest.

I will say though in 56 years of watching Wednesday the fans aspirations have seldom been lower. The prospect of the new engine, gearbox and bodywork is quite an exciting prospect.

Apologies for mixing my metaphors didn't know enough to squeeze in a cycling one and references to illegal substances wouldn't have gone down too well with our Biking fraternity.    

Guest laptaowl

Have been watching the Owls for over 60 years , in that time they have produced and usually sold a steady stream of quality players . The only time they have provided success in recent years has been under Trevor Francis who was given the financial backing to sign current /past internationals Woods , Anderson and a selection of under 21 players . The new owner will hopefully allow signings of the same stature leading to success in the near future . Perhaps if the doom merchants had watched as many poor Wednesday sides they would be excited at the prospects not negative and generally pathetic .

Guest UpTheOwlsss

who are sll these mystery players sat about waitin for our takeover to be ratified so they can come and sign for us?

Keith treacy

Martin cranie

2 lens players

lol