Anyone else feeling as gloomy as me about next season?

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Callum Wilson has had 1 good season in league 1

3 million is steep

Only because he's young and English

We could sign 3/4 Quality players for that sort of money

Yes he might turn out to be great but one 20 goal season should not equal 3 mill

Quite amusing seeing the same lemmings post about champions league football in two weeks etc etc after the takeover came to light. Given the lack of prep so far, safe to say we'll probably start the season with a depleted squad, add a few loans and then finish somewhere where we have for the past two campaigns. Probably be summer 15 before we make any progress in the transfer market.

Agree with airborne rat S6.

Even if the takeover happens, the current period is one of incompetence and unprofessionalism. Are we really unable to acquire any players or re-sign the out of contract worthwhile ones?

Is there no money to do anything unless there is a takeover? Is MM not able to make any progress even though he's supposed to be carrying on as chairman?

Surely we should not be treading water now the players are back and ccontracts have expired

Agree with airborne rat S6.

Even if the takeover happens, the current period is one of incompetence and unprofessionalism. Are we really unable to acquire any players or re-sign the out of contract worthwhile ones?

Is there no money to do anything unless there is a takeover? Is MM not able to make any progress even though he's supposed to be carrying on as chairman?

Surely we should not be treading water now the players are back and ccontracts have expired

This is the bit I don't get, we are not changing the manager and he will have identified the players he wants, most of whom will be affordable. Unless the takeover represent a complete change of tack and we are gonna throw vast sums of money at it, which I doubt, then surely it's business as normal. Sign up the out of contract players, who are now technically free agents by the way, bring in a few quality frees and negotiate a couple of loans. Then when everything is finalised, add the prestige signings we cannot yet afford to make.

Just got back from the Midlands where I was taking part in a National fishing comp.

Have fishing matches on Tuesday evening, Friday, and next Sunday too.

Try going fishing over the summer to occupy yourselves and stop thi sens from whittling.

It's all going to be fine.

Puffs.

This is the bit I don't get, we are not changing the manager and he will have identified the players he wants, most of whom will be affordable. Unless the takeover represent a complete change of tack and we are gonna throw vast sums of money at it, which I doubt, then surely it's business as normal. Sign up the out of contract players, who are now technically free agents by the way, bring in a few quality frees and negotiate a couple of loans. Then when everything is finalised, add the prestige signings we cannot yet afford to make.

What if this takeover deal is sh-it or bust for the club?