Anyone else feeling as gloomy as me about next season?

Guest phshaw

you sure about that

Yes I am. Cahill was only a kid and I think Dave Allen was Chairman at the time. He decided to cash in the chips.

Guest phshaw

Tbf to the Club though, we were in financial difficulties at the time and £70,000 in compensation would have seemed a good deal.

Pre-season is always a time to feel optimist - anything is possible!

When the season starts is my gloomy period when the reality of what we have compared to what we wanted hits you smack in the face,

This coming season could be worst that most in that regard given some of the unjustifeid hysterical positivity that's been generated on here since the takeover announcement.

Truth is we could have a geezer putting in 100 million and still take years to get out of this league - it's dog eat dog and you need so much to go your way.

Just enjoy every hill and valley of the rollercoaster suppporting SWFC!

Not really feeling gloomy at all, when they finally sort this stuff out, our future should be interesting at least. A bit frustrated with the time it's taking, but then so too are Milan and Gray. To be honest, if the only hurdle to passing the test was this shortfall in the funding allocated to RC Lens, which has now been cleared up, why can't HM invest enough to get the ball rolling, instead of potentially jeopardising our early season planning. If the agreement has been signed, and it's now just a formality that he will get the clearance, why not invest enough to secure a few of the players.

I never thought we'd be in the top six this season,Big Mamma or not.

We've got some decent players and the takeover will go through in time to bring some more in.During the January transfer window we might actually spend some money too.

So I think we can look forward to a top 10 season and that will be a good start I reckon.

Nowt to really feel gloomy about imo

Till it's ratified and these mystery players lined up sign and are unveiled we cannot really know. Once we see the caliber of player we get in and with the time it's taking we may need to expect the side needing time to gel.

Guest phshaw

We didn't he's lying

Lying? I was actually speaking to Dean Ramsdale about this a couple of months ago. We received 70k for Cahill. Fact

Lying? I was actually speaking to Dean Ramsdale about this a couple of months ago. We received 70k for Cahill. Fact

Cahill played for Dronfield boys and joined Aston Villa's academy, we where looking at him but did not sign him up

Guest phshaw

Cahill played for Dronfield boys and joined Aston Villa's academy, we where looking at him but did not sign him up

I appreciate it says that on Wikipedia. But apparently he was on our books and we received 70k compensation from Villa. I have been told that from people who work at the Club.

I appreciate it says that on Wikipedia. But apparently he was on our books and we received 70k compensation from Villa. I have been told that from people who work at the Club.

Coming back from travelling, I would have expected things to be progressing a lot quicker than they currently seem to be, ratification, signings, kit etc. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for takeovers to gain clearance?

IMO, it seems that Kirkland is jut waiting for a premier league club to just take a swoop for him to benchwarm and they will obvs pay higher wages. Semedo, on the other hand, is frankly not good enough for the Championship and I feel it would be a mistake to give him a contract, however we may have no other option especially if we fail to sign players in a similar position.

I also read today on SSN that Bournemouth are signing Callum Wilson from Coventry. This is a player we SHOULD be looking at given his goal scoring record, however if a club the size of Bournemouth beats us to his signature, that just sums up our current predicament, takeover or not.

My predicted league finish - 18th

Sorry, but I am losing faith.

3mil Wilson, they can have him, takeover or not.

Guest zico sterland

Not worried now but in 2 weeks and we havent signed anybody then i will start to get agitated , but im hoping players are already  tapped up and deals agreed just waiting to put pen to paper . 

Edited by zico sterland

Guest Big Guns

Well we did sell Gary Cahill to Villa for £70,000 and we released James Vardy for nowt!

Speaking of selling how much is the Wednesdayite car park up for ?

Coming back from travelling, I would have expected things to be progressing a lot quicker than they currently seem to be, ratification, signings, kit etc. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for takeovers to gain clearance? 

IMO, it seems that Kirkland is jut waiting for a premier league club to just take a swoop for him to benchwarm and they will obvs pay higher wages. Semedo, on the other hand, is frankly not good enough for the Championship and I feel it would be a mistake to give him a contract, however we may have no other option especially if we fail to sign players in a similar position. 

I also read today on SSN that Bournemouth are signing Callum Wilson from Coventry. This is a player we SHOULD be looking at given his goal scoring record, however if a club the size of Bournemouth beats us to his signature, that just sums up our current predicament, takeover or not.  

No, no-one's feeling that gloomy. Go on holiday. Forget football for a week or two. Cheer up!

It's a flipping kit, we could be wearing bright pink and sponsored by Gary Glitter, if we get promoted who gives a roger?!