Nuhiu goals

Agreed.

Lets look at the FACTS.

40 appearances and only 4 goals.

1 was a good goal, 2 had to be put on a plate for him a yard from goal so not even he could miss.

The other was a well taken penalty.

He's missed no end of sitters despite being told he needs service.

He's had probably 2 decentish ( for him ) games and lots of awful games.

He was even dominated by a non league centre half.

This, this, this, this, absolute this ...

Yet when we are losing and in need of a goal we start chanting his name ..... Some of our fans truly are baffling

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

He will never be a goalscorer. You can bookmark this thread and bring it back up in a year or so's time to prove me wrong if you like.

But I'm 100% certain he will never ever score more than 10 goals in a season for us, or anybody.

He isn't good enough at all. The trouble is this.

He's got the physique of a hold-up player. But he prefers the ball into feet.

But then he isn't mobile enough to truly be effective with the ball at his feet.

He's just big, clumsy and quite frankly - a useless oaf up front most of the time. He isn't mobile enough to ever be a good player - his entire career in English football will just be a case of doing the odd bit of skill and working hard, but never being good enough to truly make a difference.

We need shut IMO. If we aim to improve next year, Nuhiu should get nowhere near the first team

I agree he probably won't ever be prolific, but if he chips in with 8-10 goals in a season whilst making it possible for others to score is that such a bad thing? I personally don't care who scores as long as someone does.

Ah the latest excuse from the Apologists.

"We are a better team with him in it".

This is right up there with " he just needs service",

How is that an excuse, exactly? Can I say that we're better with Kirkland in goal rather than Martinez, or does that make me a Kirkland apologist because he doesn't score enough? 

Guest owl from retford

That goal vs qpr is quality the way he takes a couple of players on and smashes home not really done it since though has great ball skill but no pace and cant head for a tall bloke

We look a better side when he is in the team. The forward line becomes a lot more open as he draws defenders in. The he can't head myth is a bit of a joke now. Outside the box he tries to bring the ball down, defensively or inside the box he heads it. So many seemingly blinded by wanting to continue their want to dislike the guy. There are negatives about his play, but totally unfair to keep biting at the lad when he has been playing well recently.

Guest MoscowDave

He's missed a lot of sitters and that seems to be the problem. If he could only fix that ..... we might have a winner. You can't knock him for his endeavour though and that is worth a lot. I hope he stays.

I don't enjoy slating the lad because he does work hard and does try his best. But that is the minimum I would expect of any player.

Personally I think hoping that he'll get even 10 goals a season is deluded. If he gets 6 next season I'd be amazed. If he does, then great, I'll be happy for the lad because ultimately all I'm bothered about is that Wednesday win, not who scores the goals.

But why oh why do people insist on saying "play him with a nippy goal scorer and he'll be ok"?!? Is that really good enough? I don't think so personally. Look at Leicester with Nugent and Vardy. Vardy has 15 goals and Nugent 20 this season. That's a proper partnership. Not Nugent with 4 and then Vardy with 15. And that's why they're top of the league and if we have any ambition of getting even close to the top 6 we need TWO strikers who are going to break double figures.

Top and bottom of t is that with his lack of pace, unless you've got Beckham pinging balls at him chances are he's not even going to get anywhere near most of the balls that come his way.

Ah the latest excuse from the Apologists.

"We are a better team with him in it".

This is right up there with " he just needs service",

So Stuart Gray is an apologist is he then ?  I think you'll find plenty of evidence of what Gray thinks he brings to the team and to be honest his is the only opinion that has merit...end of story

two good strikers is the big difference in this league.

look at Burnley for example. pretty average squad but two strikers who score for fun.

do we have the budget to go out and do the same? I doubt it very much especially permanent signings.

ideally we'd have Nuhiu, Madine (maybe?) ,Lavery & two new strikers.

The problem is some folk wrote him after about 4 games, and haven't looked back since. 

He's had bad games, he's had good games and he's missed some sitters- so have our other strikers. He's also been flat out of luck- lucky saves, lucky defending, and the post have all denied him a goal in recent times. 

He's struggled, but so have a lot of players who have joined us. 

He's not horrific or the worst player we've ever had. To be fair,  that sort of comment is the sort of nonsense i come to expect from the usual suspects on here.