Nuhiu goals

He'll score more next season, took him a bit of time to adapt to the English game. He's shown glimpses of quality and what he can bring to the team, and other the last month or so he's been brilliant.

Sometimes it does take players longer to settle moving to a new country, and agree he has some good attributes, not least, he works his socks off for the team. My worry though Liam, is that he's nearly 25 and he's only ever scored a total of 27 goals since making his debut in 2008. There's no real indication that he will ever be a goalscorer.

Sometimes it does take players longer to settle moving to a new country, and agree he has some good attributes, not least, he works his socks off for the team. My worry though Liam, is that he's nearly 25 and he's only ever scored a total of 27 goals since making his debut in 2008. There's no real indication that he will ever be a goalscorer.

It is a concern, but as long as we get a Matty Fryatt type striker next to him who scores goals it will take some of the pressure off him. The fact is he'll probably never be a goalscorer, but when he's at his best he's unplayable as QPR and Birmingham found out recently.

which is why we need two strikers in the summer.

anyone expecting 15-20+ from hom will be disappointed.

10 is a more realistic target for him based on his record.

a bit more luck and he would have probably hit that (goal v Birmingham & chance which apparently crossed the line v QPR) & numerous efforts that have hit the woodwork (4ish?)

we've been over this before though. he should have done better in front of goal...no doubt about that.

but he isn't a 'goalscorer'. we need a couple of poachers in the mould of fraytt this summer.

some don't rate him & some think there is potential & brings something to the team.

that's what the forum & opinions are for I suppose.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

It is a concern, but as long as we get a Matty Fryatt type striker next to him who scores goals it will take some of the pressure off him. The fact is he'll probably never be a goalscorer, but when he's at his best he's unplayable as QPR and Birmingham found out recently.

unplayable? jesus christ you my friend are the most optimistic happy clapper there is! i do admire your devotion to swfc but nuhiu unplayable? wow just wow

Not sure what the answer is to be honest. Do we offload him and try and bring in a similar player, but one who scores goals, or do we persist, and look for a prolific marksman who could score enough for both them. They are hard to find, especially with no money, so we might be better cutting our losses and bringing in couple of forwards who might get fifteen apiece

Not sure what the answer is to be honest. Do we offload him and try and bring in a similar player, but one who scores goals, or do we persist, and look for a prolific marksman who could score enough for both them. They are hard to find, especially with no money, so we might be better cutting our losses and bringing in couple of forwards who might get fifteen apiece

I can see the idea behind this however finding two 15 goal a season strikers that are different enough to bring variety to our forward line would be a challenge. I believe nuhiu can score 10+ next year. So bring in a player alongside him that will hit 15 + and we should be away. The old big man little man routine. What is for sure is that if we want to play 1 up top then nobody we currently have can do the job.

unplayable? jesus christ you my friend are the most optimistic happy clapper there is! i do admire your devotion to swfc but nuhiu unplayable? wow just wow

Birmingham's defence didn't have a clue what to do with him. He was unplayable. 

Confidence player.

Although unlike most confidence players, he doesn't go hiding on the pitch when it's not going his way - he just seems afraid to put his foot through the ball and take a chance like he did at QPR.

Confidence player.

Although unlike most confidence players, he doesn't go hiding on the pitch when it's not going his way - he just seems afraid to put his foot through the ball and take a chance like he did at QPR.

True, taking that penalty against Middlesbrough took balls.

I havent done the stats...but my gut reaction is that in our recent run of good form since December Nuhiu has played in most of the games where we've looked like a good team and has been absent for some of our recent fails....could be a link....???

I've seen him have good games in that run, but also stinkers. When he's playing well, the side does seem to function better, though in what was probably our most complete performance for many a year, against Reading, it was Afobe who singlehandedly led the line that day. Though even then, there was a nice little cameo from Nuhiu near the end. I'm certainly not oblivious to what he brings to the team, but it's tricky working out how best to fit him into the side.

I've seen him have good games in that run, but also stinkers. When he's playing well, the side does seem to function better, though in what was probably our most complete performance for many a year, against Reading, it was Afobe who singlehandedly led the line that day. Though even then, there was a nice little cameo from Nuhiu near the end. I'm certainly not oblivious to what he brings to the team, but it's tricky working out how best to fit him into the side.

I think it's fairly simple.

next to a more agile & pacey goalscorer.(see wickham, best & Fraytt)

it doesn't work with him playing the lone striker role in a 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1.

play him at home in a 4-4-2 but bench him away when we tend to 'shut up shop'.

Guest Fedor

He's a horrific player.

Agreed.

Lets look at the FACTS.

40 appearances and only 4 goals.

1 was a good goal, 2 had to be put on a plate for him a yard from goal so not even he could miss.

The other was a well taken penalty.

He's missed no end of sitters despite being told he needs service.

He's had probably 2 decentish ( for him ) games and lots of awful games.

He was even dominated by a non league centre half.

only seen him live in 2 games so cant give an opinion on his ability but his lack of any pace in those 2 games was very evident.seems to me that he could do with shedding a bit of timber ,hopefully a good pre season which he didn't have this year will be the making of him .

only seen him live in 2 games so cant give an opinion on his ability but his lack of any pace in those 2 games was very evident.seems to me that he could do with shedding a bit of timber ,hopefully a good pre season which he didn't have this year will be the making of him .

look at the video posted above & look at him now.

definitely put a bit of timber imo