Nuhiu goals

If we want to progress, we definitely need to bring in a couple of championship quality strikers. Then Nuhiu, Madine and Lavery can challenge from the bench. Whatever we believe they can do at this level has yet to be proven, although in Lavery's case, he probably hasn't had too many opportunities.

Guest Fedor

So Stuart Gray is an apologist is he then ?  I think you'll find plenty of evidence of what Gray thinks he brings to the team and to be honest his is the only opinion that has merit...end of story

Stuart has just dropped him from the team after his abject display at Doncaster.

And we all lived happily ever after.

Guest Fedor

I love the latest from the Apologists .

He's crap because he's too fat.

After everyone said he needs to bulk up. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think every single Wednesday fan believes we need at least two strikers.

But those that have eyes, can appreciate what Nuhui brings to the plate and what he can contribute to the team.

He's definitely worth a place as part of a bunch of strikers that we have available for our head coach to choose from.

With all players, Nuhiu has good and bad points. Improvement in key areas, such as goal scored are vital of he wants to become a regular starter at this level for a good team. But for that negative (& others), most can see the positives of what he offers us. He gives the coach options with style of play, formation & tactics, be it against weaker or stronger opposition or when he starts or can be used as a sub.

Guest Fedor

But those that have eyes, can appreciate what Nuhui brings to the plate and what he can contribute to the team.

He's definitely worth a place as part of a bunch of strikers that we have available for our head coach to choose from.

With all players, Nuhiu has good and bad points. Improvement in key areas, such as goal scored are vital of he wants to become a regular starter at this level for a good team. But for that negative (& others), most can see the positives of what he offers us. He gives the coach options with style of play, formation & tactics, be it against weaker or stronger opposition or when he starts or can be used as a sub.

In other words he's not good enough if we want to progress.

I agree with you.

Agreed.

Lets look at the FACTS.

40 appearances and only 4 goals.

1 was a good goal, 2 had to be put on a plate for him a yard from goal so not even he could miss.

The other was a well taken penalty.

He's missed no end of sitters despite being told he needs service.

He's had probably 2 decentish ( for him ) games and lots of awful games.

He was even dominated by a non league centre half.

my sentiments exactly

Guest Fedor

Fedor "apologist" bingo

We're currently at count 4, i think. 

Well done Fedor...keeping it original.

You can't help being an Apologist dan. There that's 5 for you.

Guest Big Guns

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Why are people trying to reason with Fedor?

The guy's a WUM and couldn't spot a half decent footballer if they were stood right in front of him 

wot about robbie and handball and the countless other posters who think hes crap are they all wums too

Guest Fedor

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Why are people trying to reason with Fedor?

The guy's a WUM and couldn't spot a half decent footballer if they were stood right in front of him 

After claiming Afobe was our main threat last weekend I can hardly take you seriously.

Why is it we are always called WUMs when we don't rate a player.

Go and check the history, us WUMs always get it right and usually about two months before the rest of you.

After claiming Afobe was our main threat last weekend I can hardly take you seriously.

Why is it we are always called WUMs when we don't rate a player.

Go and check the history, us WUMs always get it right and usually about two months before the rest of you.

I'd be interested to see who you think our biggest threat was then.. biggest no one else on the pitch was

And no one else scored 

Guest JonTheOwl66

Why do we have to accept mediocrity?

Look at Barnsley's front line - miles better than ours.

Our main weakness is up front. With a good striker we flourish (ala Wickham). Our struggles this season have been not finishing teams off and missing glaring chances.

No more excuses. We have a good team but are really lacking up front. Spend a bit of money on some decent strikers next term and we've got a team that with a good start and supplemented by some loanees can finish top half.

Guest Fedor

I'd be interested to see who you think our biggest threat was then.. biggest no one else on the pitch was

And no one else scored

Oh I get it you think he was our biggest threat just because he scored.

I love that 13 year old mentality.

Why do we have to accept mediocrity?

Look at Barnsley's front line - miles better than ours.

Our main weakness is up front. With a good striker we flourish (ala Wickham). Our struggles this season have been not finishing teams off and missing glaring chances.

No more excuses. We have a good team but are really lacking up front. Spend a bit of money on some decent strikers next term and we've got a team that with a good start and supplemented by some loanees can finish top half.

It's not about accepting mediocrity, it's about being realistic. 

We can't afford Wickham full time. So have to go with rough diamonds that will hopefully come good. 

Nuhiu isn't our best goal scorer, and he certainly isn't the worst player in our squad. He has  contributed to our upturn in form, and clearly Stuart Gray feels the same.

He's had good games, he's had bad- like all of them.