Madine out?

While I don't want us to sell him I would not be sad to see him go.

He has the ability but the wrong mentality and for that reason I don't think he will succeed. Would love for him to prove me wrong of course.

I'll keep my view short and to the point.

Madine hasn't been given a chance under DJ. This is a real shame because he will become a very good striker.

Keep him and give him a chance FFS. He is simply lacking confidence from not getting a proper go at it.

I really want Gary to do well, if he's given a chance next season and the service he will score goals as he knows how to finish. I think selling him at the minute would be a bad move in all honesty.

If we're moving on COG then that'll leave us with only Madine and Maguire upfront. If we can add two strikers to that (Davies and Lita) then I would hope it would bring the best out of him. Learning from Davies would bring him along very well.

I'd keep him. It's always good to have someone on the team that's shagged a load of fit birds. If only to teach the soft lads in the development squad how to have a good night out on the razz.

I bet the development squad haven't shagged 100 lasses between 'em. I've heard Gary and his uncle nail through that many chicks in a week.

THAT is why we should let him go if we don't play with wingers

The fans have an unfair image of him as a striker

He plays off wingers - scoring from crosses

He's not a back to goal player or target man as many want him to/think he should be

I find it odd that DJ has always had wingers in his team but not that many strikers that would profit from crosses (or wingers that could cross a decent ball).

As a few on here have already said without the right sort of service you are not going to get much from him.

Last season he neither got into the 6 yard box or received the ball in the 6 yard box to be a success and as the previous campaign showed, if he gets the ball in this area he scores goals.

I believe DJ is looking to totally revamp his forward line for next season and I think Madine and COG will be on their way from S6 in the very near future?

Keep him.  He is the closest thing we have to a natural goal scorer.

The key point here is, we need decent creative wingers who will put the supply in to the box.

No use slating Madine when he doesn't get the service or game time.

Give him games with a decent left winger like Marshall or Treacy and he will score loads.

Realistically, how much did he show? given he barely played? I only saw him a couple of times myself but that coupled with his track record at this level makes me think we are carrying him. We couldnt score and he couldnt even get on the bench.

He was injured for a while. Came in at the end of the season and showed that he offers something different to everyone else. Too early to say he's a vital member of the team but also too early to send him packing.

Neil hit the nail on the head he needs wingers than can give him chances. Both our wingers like to take men on and cut inside which doesnt help madine. Said it all last season

If we get a tracey/marshal type winger then i will be looking forward to seein madine get game time

He was injured for a while. Came in at the end of the season and showed that he offers something different to everyone else. Too early to say he's a vital member of the team but also too early to send him packing.

True

Given our need for goals, and COG seemingly on his way, id rather we didnt try to sign three brand new strikers - if we had to keep one, id rather gamble on Madine. If we keep both Madine and Maguire, do we have the budget to sign two more strikers?

If COG leaves, we will bring in at least 2 strikers Hopefully one will be an experienced striker at this level signing on a permanent. The second one, I would imagine, will be a Premier. league loanee. We need at least four strikers and Madine will be one of those I'm sure.

He's still a young player with bags of potential.

No doubt he needs to get his head down but also he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip because no matter what anyone says he wasn't given the chance last year.

15 minutes here and the are no good to him. He showed what a good player he can be against Barnsley - I know their centre-backs weren't up to much that day but no other team gave them such a torrid time towards the end of the season.

Both times I saw Madine last season he was a handful, and his displays didn't match the opinions I'd read on here. 

Particularly at Hillsborough. He bullied Martin Cranie that day. And Cranie is a quality centre half at this level. 

Can't see him leaving for Donny, though. Why would he?

Both times I saw Madine last season he was a handful, and his displays didn't match the opinions I'd read on here.

Particularly at Hillsborough. He bullied Martin Cranie that day. And Cranie is a quality centre half at this level.

Can't see him leaving for Donny, though. Why would he?

Rob jones may be the influence there.

If a player isnt scoring in every match some fans are lkke that. They did this with bothroyd and once he scored against leeds they were chanting his name for a game or two. Also lita was a hero in his first game and a few others but he went a couple without scoring and they were sayin send him back lol