Jones has done nothing wrong

Guest TonyOwl88

Braught in striker after striker to surpass COG in the first-team pecking order despite the fact he's still the top scorer having played nowhere near the amount of games he should have, and having not been given suficient oppertunities.

Ignoring Bywater's organisational qualities and good performances in his 2 games this season in an attempt to ensure that last season's great Wednesday side becomes a distant memory.

Ignoring Llera's goal threat and dropping him because he's "not doing his defencive jobs properly" while persistantly playing Martin Taylor and Anthony gardner who look like they'll make a rick at any second.

Failing to notice we're in a relegation fight with teams like... let's see.... Millwall... and loaning them defenders to assist them and their battle against US.

Having favorites and consequently splitting the squad down the middle, and destroying the team's relationship with the fans.

Bringing players in that he doesn't think are good enough. Maguire, Lee ...

Failing to see how light we are in CM... Oh and ensuring we're even lighter by loaning out Prutton and coke (who was doing pretty well).

Boring me to death with interviews where he says we let 3 goals in in every game because we were so attacking, despite us not having any shots on target.

Giving last year's heros back-handed comments in press-conferences.... such as "COG did well didn't he?" "well we thought we'd put Bothroyd out wide for the extra QUALITY". I'm sure it really helps motivate our top goalscorer.

Playing left-backs at right-back to baffle the opposition and confuse them into not exploiting their poor positioning and wrong-footing them. Poor Mattock got hung out to dry with that one.

AHHHHHHHHH, WE. NEEDED. TO. MAKE. CHANGES.

If we were in this position with last years squad fans would be questioning why he made little changes, DJ can't win it seems.

*Awaits comment 'we would have done well with the spirit and determination'.

This is definitely true. When did we last win? And perhaps more importantly when will the next one be?

Edited by Almat

Ignoring Llera's goal threat and dropping him because he's "not doing his defencive jobs properly" while persistantly playing Martin Taylor and Anthony gardner who look like they'll make a rick at any sec

Giving last year's heros back-handed comments in press-conferences.... such as "COG did well didn't he?" "well we thought we'd put Bothroyd out wide for the extra QUALITY". I'm sure it really helps motivate our top goalscorer.

is this the same O' Grady that we didn't want playing last season as he was a hard worker but not a goal scorer and I'm sure Llera's position is defence not attack and a defender that could make a defensive "rick" at any time...just saying like.... fickle some fans aren't they?

Sorry mate, this is just wrong - he praised COG's performance (against Burnley) plenty in that interview. You've obviously given up on Jones so you just hear what you want to hear.

well someone aint doing their job right are they ,people reckon Dj,s not at fault so who else is there ,

the chairmans been a bit tight , the manager hasnt spent wisely with what he was given and the brains behind the outfit fooked off to arsenal.

Jones missed a trick yesterday big time.

The first half, whilst not that exciting saw us look far more solid defensively, and to be fair, looking more like a unit across the pitch.

Most people seemed happy to take that after 45 minutes and I felt that we'd come out in the second half kicking towards the Kop and having a right go at Hull, especially considering the fact that they were content to sit deep and only look to counter attack.

Personally I'd have taken off one of the midfielders, pushed Bothroyd next to O'Grady, stuck JJ on the left wing and told Antonio to go out to the right and just do what he did to great effect last season and get at the full back from the outside (Ironically the only time he had a run at the left back he may well have won us a penalty)

From that point of view I was dissappointed, it was a game we could have won, or at least given Hull a lot more to worry about.

How many times did we get their centre backs facing their own goal?

How many times did one of our wide players get in behind the full backs?

It was all too easy for Hull and like others have already mentioned, our attacking play reminded me far too much of our days under Alan Irvine.

Something has to give and very shortly, were already in the bottom three and have Leeds and Blackburn in our next two games.

Clearly Terry Burton has been a serious loss.

A lot of managers have been the business with an unsung hero, their no. 2

Clough was never has good without Taylor

Dennis Wise seemed to be a good manager, but clearly it was Poyet

Steve Clarke his now doing a good job at WBA

Big Jack had Toms and Setters

We had Ritchie Barker

Keegan had Arthur Cox at Newcastle

Terry Burton is a big loss and giving the job to Paul Wilkinson hasn't worked

and i bet you were one of them who said we would go up this season..

I didn't.

And I actually didn't want to. I just never wanted to go back down. Which I don't think we will.

Guest Big Guns

Where do you sit DJM in all this turbulence - and are you still optimistic?

On his settee he's the classic owlstalk no it all part timer..

Some things concern me our recent run for one but even more so the fact that a CERTAIN section of our fans can one minute call our manager a hero then just 6 WEEKS not even 6 months want him sacking.

It pains me to say it but i can actually see why.

We had a good team unit from last season and a better team spirit.

This was carried over into the first 3 games with just minor twinkling and it worked well.

Then for whatever reason,despite getting 7 points from 9, DJ deems it necessary to make wholesale changes and upset the balance, formation and team spirit.

It will be very hard to get this back IMO and once a manager loses certain players and possibly the dressing room, then he is weeing in the wind.

That said, it is amazing what a couple of wins can do for positive thinking, where they are coming from with only one striker up front at home? God only knows?

I like Jones a lot, and am probably correct in thinking so do 95%+ of all Owlstalkers and Hillsborough regulars, but that is why it is so frustrating and hard to fathom his selections and using square pegs in round holes at times.

Can anyone one remember when Father Ted was flavour of the month?

Guest JC Saviour

the chairmans been a bit tight , the manager hasnt spent wisely with what he was given and the brains behind the outfit fooked off to arsenal.

Now theres a thought. I wonder if TB would take a managers job over a coaching job.Everything seems to have gone boobies since he left and I haven't a clue what credentials Paul Wilkinson as to be given the assistant managers role.