Jones has done nothing wrong

Apart from :

Brought in too many players too quickly

Broken up a fabulous side oozing confidence

Dismissed the signing of Danny Batth

Brought in the wrong captain.

Played our most effective attacking player this season at right back.

Bought McGuire and ignored him.

Brought in Bothroyd and stuck with him even though he's struggling

Failed to change formations when required.

Made ridiculous substitutions.

Sent Beevers on loan to Millwall.

Failed to realise how Rodri should be played.

Allowed the defence to play far too deep meaning we are bypassing midfield and just running the ball into opposition defence.

Not found a corner taker.

Caused in fighting between players.

Constantly praised his own signings during interviews.

Failed to realise we are playing crap and saying we are close to competing at this level.

Other than this. Brilliant !!

There's no doubt he's made mistakes - not even the happiest of clappers could deny that. If we were on a winning streak we would quite possibly be saying that the things you listed as mistakes were ruthless but correct decisions. We can all put a spin on things to assign blame or praise.

Hate saying this...but today reminded me of watching a performance under this bloke...

_44433044_irvine_ap.jpg

We were negative, insipid, couldn't score in a brothel and the game was lost the moment we conceded.

Never though I'd be saying that about Dave Jones.

And that sounds identical to my thoughts during the Wolves game last week.

Hate saying this...but today reminded me of watching a performance under this bloke...

_44433044_irvine_ap.jpg

We were negative, insipid, couldn't score in a brothel and the game was lost the moment we conceded.

Never though I'd be saying that about Dave Jones.

I disagree mate but we all have our own perspective. Where did you sit in the ground to watch the match?

Semedo was not a great captain and his performances as captain were poor.

Taylor and Gardner are fairly obvious choices for captain. Taylor may have had some bad form since he joined but in no way matches the stick he has been getting.

Kirkland is our best keeper. Stats don't show how little chance he had with the one's he didn't save. We all know the defence has been the reason we have conceded, not the keeper.

Playing players out of position, some of these out of necessity.

Mattock has played RB before and it didn't work. Devoid of other choices JJ stepped in and did a great job.

Bothroyd on the wing had his best game so far and gave COG the chance to have one his best games.

Some of the signings who haven't made the 18 ( not sure who ) perhaps have yet to earn it. I don't know on that one. I don't attend training sessions.

Are you being sarcastic, ironic or just disingenuous?

:st2:

or do you just know f all

i wish i could award you 2 pluses...

rather than carrying on like this moaning about what he's done wrong... how about some constructive posts on what he can do to improve things? or is the general consensus that its too late and he needs to go?

i for one haven't got a clue which sort of makes me feel for him a bit...

he gets stick for changing things up too much but he'll get stick if he leaves it and it doesn't get better..

be interesting to see what the outcome of the jj mattock incident..

Indeed.

Wish I shared your optimism, but I'm deeply concerned.

But I'm not over optimistic nor am I deeply concerned. I'm frustrated, disappointed I'm not enjoying it at all - not the football nor the clusterfvck that occurs on owlstalk after results like today's.

I really, really hate this tabloidesque necessity for treating everything in binary. Make a choice. Make it now. Defend it unequivocally, even when you're the last lifeform in the universe of such a mind.

I have heard that there are two types of people in the world:

1 understands binary and 10 doesn't.