Coke Returns- Dicanio not a happy chappy with Wednesday.

Do people actually read all the article FFS...

Even Coke thought it was minor so probably didn't feel it necessary to say anything to the medics at SWFC..oh and for the record...

“It’s not an accusation of Sheffield Wednesday, because they thought it was a simple inflammation and now they can see the real picture thanks to us, what problem he’s got and how they can help him and let him come back as soon as he can - a few days, a few weeks, I don’t know.”

...SHOCK, HORROR....PROBE!!!

He never had a scan before. We scanned him, even if he wasn’t our player, and we discovered that there is an inflammation. Now the story comes out that he had this problem since before pre-season with Sheffield Wednesday.

“This player is a Sheffield Wednesday player and I presume they would want to save us value and they should look after him in a proper way.

Okay not slated but had a dig!!

Jesus cant say anything on owlstalk!

Didn't even know he was a member?

Guest Leeswfc3

Couldnt give a rumble what he says, as a player he was fantastic, as a manager hes a bit of an embarrassment.

I think he's doing well as a manager...

GILES Coke has returned to Sheffield Wednesday for treatment on a longstanding foot injury which had not been properly identified prior to his loan move to Swindon Town in August.

The midfielder has made five appearances for the Robins since joining until January but a recent scan on the sole of one of his feet has revealed inflammation which manager Paolo Di Canio said has been troubling the 26-year-old for several months.

Wednesday were not fully aware of the issue when they agreed to lend Coke to Town on transfer deadline day but Di Canio hopes the playmaker’s parent club will be able to tend properly for him as he bids to regain fitness.

“We discovered he had a problem since the Sheffield Wednesday pre-season, and even before,” said Di Canio.

“He told us all the real story. When we signed him it is normal to make all the medical tests, but when you have some information you can’t check. If you know the story then you test the joint, it is a medical test like the heart and the previous injuries.

“But we received the message that was ‘no, I’ve got a little problem but you can handle it easily’.

“He never had a scan before. We scanned him, even if he wasn’t our player, and we discovered that there is an inflammation. Now the story comes out that he had this problem since before pre-season with Sheffield Wednesday.

“This player is a Sheffield Wednesday player and I presume they would want to save us value and they should look after him in a proper way. We already did this, even if it wasn’t our value, but as a professional we work with him morning and afternoon to help him.

“It’s not an accusation of Sheffield Wednesday, because they thought it was a simple inflammation and now they can see the real picture thanks to us, what problem he’s got and how they can help him and let him come back as soon as he can - a few days, a few weeks, I don’t know.”

Owlstalk Shop

If he's had the injury since before pre-season, then surely we wouldn't have used him in Pre-season. He was obviously either in DJ's plans or put in the side to get someone to take him on loan. Playing him while injured would have risked that happening. It does ask the question tho, that if he told them the full story and they picked up on it in a medical. Then why would they take and play an injured player and why would he tell them but not us

Edited by Blueblood

Guest Briscoe Inferno

If he's had the injury since before pre-season, then surely we wouldn't have used him in Pre-season. He was obviously either in DJ's plans or put in the side to get someone to take him on loan. Playing him while injured would have risked that happening. It does ask the question tho, that if he told them the full story and they picked up on it in a medical. Then why would they take and play an injured player and why would he tell them but not us

Reda has played when injured. So has [is?] Bothroyd. Perhaps some management teams rely on pre-match injections more than others?...

Guest beatleowl

Forgetting the fact that he was an incredible player, the blokes simply a bit of an arse hole. For that reason I haven't read the quote, would prefer to remember the goal at Everton away. Don't spoil yourself Paulo.