Coke Returns- Dicanio not a happy chappy with Wednesday.

Dont know if anyone as seen this article yet.

GILES Coke has returned to Sheffield Wednesday for treatment on a longstanding foot injury which had not been properly identified prior to his loan move to Swindon Town in August.

The midfielder has made five appearances for the Robins since joining until January but a recent scan on the sole of one of his feet has revealed inflammation which manager Paolo Di Canio said has been troubling the 26-year-old for several months.

Wednesday were not fully aware of the issue when they agreed to lend Coke to Town on transfer deadline day but Di Canio hopes the playmaker’s parent club will be able to tend properly for him as he bids to regain fitness.

“We discovered he had a problem since the Sheffield Wednesday pre-season, and even before,” said Di Canio.

“He told us all the real story. When we signed him it is normal to make all the medical tests, but when you have some information you can’t check. If you know the story then you test the joint, it is a medical test like the heart and the previous injuries.

“But we received the message that was ‘no, I’ve got a little problem but you can handle it easily’.

“He never had a scan before. We scanned him, even if he wasn’t our player, and we discovered that there is an inflammation. Now the story comes out that he had this problem since before pre-season with Sheffield Wednesday.

“This player is a Sheffield Wednesday player and I presume they would want to save us value and they should look after him in a proper way. We already did this, even if it wasn’t our value, but as a professional we work with him morning and afternoon to help him.

“It’s not an accusation of Sheffield Wednesday, because they thought it was a simple inflammation and now they can see the real picture thanks to us, what problem he’s got and how they can help him and let him come back as soon as he can - a few days, a few weeks, I don’t know.”

He's absolutely slated wednesday.

He never had a scan before. We scanned him, even if he wasn’t our player, and we discovered that there is an inflammation. Now the story comes out that he had this problem since before pre-season with Sheffield Wednesday.

“This player is a Sheffield Wednesday player and I presume they would want to save us value and they should look after him in a proper way.

Okay not slated but had a dig!!

Jesus cant say anything on owlstalk!

Guest pops55

He never had a scan before. We scanned him, even if he wasn’t our player, and we discovered that there is an inflammation. Now the story comes out that he had this problem since before pre-season with Sheffield Wednesday.

“This player is a Sheffield Wednesday player and I presume they would want to save us value and they should look after him in a proper way.

I'm always amazed how different people can read the same article a draw totally different conclusions from each other.

By the way Adam i read it like you.

Edited by pops55

can't see where he slates Wednesday tho

Without knowing full story it could have been Coke hiding it as much as our medics not properly doing something about it

This is a complete guess but I reckon he would have played the injury down a lot due to how much he wanted to impress. Getting injured would've ruined his chances completely.

This is a complete guess but I reckon he would have played the injury down a lot due to how much he wanted to impress. Getting injured would've ruined his chances completely.

yep as I said i dont know but that's what i meant about him possibly hiding it he was on the fringe of getting back in

all speculation

More like Jesus why do people make out something is ten times worse on owlstalk.

So you admit your talking b0llocks then blame owlstalk?

Classic.

“It’s not an accusation of Sheffield Wednesday, because they thought it was a simple inflammation and now they can see the real picture thanks to us, what problem he’s got and how they can help him and let him come back as soon as he can - a few days, a few weeks, I don’t know.”