Club or Country?

I've followed England far and wide, proudly flown the Mexborough Owls flag from New York to Azerbaijan and Copanhagen to Cape Town in friendlies, qualifiers, Euro's and World Cups.

I was one of the fans who boo'd Rooney and the rest of them off the park at Green Point Stadium after the 0-0 draw with Algeria two years ago

For most of my life England have been poo , some players have been over paid arseholes managers have been clueless and the board (FA) have been twats and in all honesty for most of my life I could say the same about Wednesday, thankfully my club are at long last on the up, hope one day my country follows suit, but I think we'll have to wait a quite a while longer :)

As for "club or country" the answear is both, they are not in competion with each other are they ? Watching England has never caused me to miss a Wednesday game and vice versa (sic)

How any English football fan can say they are not bothered about the England team is beyond me, club and country go hand in glove

av-10567.png

Exactly right

When England play i want them to win - when Wednesday play i want them to win

Where's the conflict?

If/when England play Wednesday then i'll have to decide which one i want to win the most - until then its just nonsense really

Guest chuckie4570

Club everytime....... England are a southern thing! If the team played around the country more often then we could part of it.

England will never win flip all while the FA w@nkers are in charge (including that c*nt Richards) let em sit in there Ivory Towers.....

Wednesday til I die

Exactly right

When England play i want them to win - when Wednesday play i want them to win

Where's the conflict?

If/when England play Wednesday then i'll have to decide which one i want to win the most - until then its just nonsense really

I think we mean from a players perspective, not a supporters (well i mean as a player anyway)

Edited by boomboomshaketheroom

Club every single day of the week.

I think I'd rather support an independent Yorkshire national team rather than England.

To be honest, I did used to take a lot more interest in England when I was younger but for reasons many have put down I've lost interest almost completely in England.

I'll still watch them on TV in major tournaments (if I'm not busy) but I'm not extatic when they win or gutted when they lose like with Wednesday

Guest Harry the Owl

Any other time of the year i'd say club, but i get so into it!

Both, i love football.

Can't agree with either point, sorry. My principles and morales don't disappear just because someone puts on an England shirt.

Rooney & Terry deserve my support and respect?

You must be joking. I wouldnt wee wee on either if they were on fire.

(I agree, Ashley Cole is a good player - one of the few in the current team).

same for me

I always want to see England do well, but given the choice between success for Wednesday and success for England, I would choose Wednesday every time.

Normally I am enthusiastic about the summer international tournaments but this year I just don't seem bothered, despite wanting England to do well. This year I am more bothered about the 2 cricket test series and the England rugby union tour to South Africa.

Club everytime....... England are a southern thing! If the team played around the country more often then we could part of it.

England will never win flip all while the FA w@nkers are in charge (including that c*nt Richards) let em sit in there Ivory Towers.....

Wednesday til I die

What a stupid thing to say! England is a nation and they rightly play in the capital of the country.

People at Land's end, Plymouth etc have a longer journey to Wembley than from Sheffield.

It's a NATIONAL thing as it's our NATIONAL team.

100% Wednesday

When huddersfield scored that equalizer at Hillsborough I was gutted and in a fowl mood for a week

When Germany hammered England at the World cup I was pissed off for about 10 seconds

Says it all

I like most people want to see England win. Someone asked me if i would rather England win the Euros or Wedneday win the Prem. I would rather Wednesday win their first game of the season than England win owt.

I support both but I would much rather see Wednesday be succesfull. Dont have to share it with anyone then!

You are entitled to your own oppinion...... If it reflects mine!

I just can't understand the view that someone born and bred in this country wouldn't also support their country.

Because for the most part, this country is an embarrassment.

Club.

I used to enjoy watching England when players like Beckham, Owen, Scholes, Seaman played.

They showed passion and that to me is what being English is about. I dont care if we play crap

i just want to see it hurt you when we lose and enjoy it when we win.

It just seems like the whole country has given up on our national team and to be fair, the whole country.

Nowadays there's not alot to sing about, being from England.