Club or Country?

Guest eggsarnie

I don't support France or Italy.

WTF are you on about?

think he meant that for me tbh, yes but when those england players pull on that shirt they "supposedly" represent me and my nation , when quite frankly they represent nothing about me whatsoever, they are horrid little people , they are the type of people who shout RESPECT ME, becuase we all know they cant EARN respect.

when italy pull on their shirt they do it for the love of thier country, imagine gattuso singing the national anthem for italy, now look at cole or rooney or terry. they do it for a little ego trip and a nice hols thats all expenses paid.

and seriously comparing maldini to cole ffs, next you will be saying carroll is the best forward since van basten.

Edited by eggsarnie

Here is my opinion, as i look at these posts about Cole.

I think that people are getting mixed up with Cole (and yes i think he is a detestable little stinky flaps).

Some people are saying he is world class, some are saying he is crap.

He is excellent going forward, for the people saying world class.

He is not a very good defender, and always out of position, for the people saying he is crap.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Sheffield Wednesday all the way.

see i would love to see england win the euros or preferably the world cup, but as many of you are saying they dont have the passion of the england teams of old. They are much happier just getting a big pay day. This is one of the reasons i love towatch the england rugby (union) team because they play with so much passion for there country. So at the minute i'd say wednesday over england.

Wednesday every time without hesitation.

Cant stand International football, dont like many of the overpaid, over rated, underachieving players.

Promotion to the Prem with Wednesday or a World cup win with England, its Wednesday everytime.

I couldn't give a throw about England. (the team...I love the actual country)

All those years when Wembley was down, they chose places like Ipswich and Southampton before Hillsbro or the Lane.

Only seen England once. v France 1962 at Hillsbro. And I was cheering for France.

I am purposely UN-patriotic. Patriotism causes wars. Just look at the Yanks and how many countries they have invaded since 1940 with their flag-waving jingoism.

All those years when Wembley was down, they chose places like Ipswich and Southampton before Hillsbro or the Lane.

Only seen England once. v France 1962 at Hillsbro. And I was cheering for France.

I am purposely UN-patriotic. Patriotism causes wars. Just look at the Yanks and how many countries they have invaded since 1940 with their flag-waving jingoism.

Hope your not religious as well, its never been known to cause a war.

I'm Wednesday till I die! And I'm also English, so of course I always want England to win when they play. However, I can't get as excited about watching England as I can about watching Wednesday.

I think some of it is down to the fact that England always play at Wembley. If they did more to engage with us northerners by touring the country and playing some games at different venues, I think it would help. But when I was growing up and being influenced by these things, England were strictly a London club, and it wasn't possible for me to attend any of their games. The one time our school booked a trip to Wembley it was cancelled due to the risk of trouble from the Northern Irish. So I've never seen em play live and hence the association isn't that strong.

Living here in Switzerland, every Swiss I know is very strongly country first and club second. I'm trying to educate them that the Owls are more important than anything else! There are quite a few here now checking on Wednesday's progress I'm pleased to say.

Guest Bedders

I agree with you there completely.

And Ashley Cole is the best left back in the world.

I'm as England as the next man but Ashley Cole ISN'T the best left back in the world! That's the sort of garbage the Sun newspaper peddles out & it's disciples believe......right up until utter disappointment in major tournaments!

Without even thinking very hard I'd say Joan Capdevila is better........one world cup & one Euro.....remind me what Ashley Cole has won for his country?

Edited by Bedders

I'm as England as the next man but Ashley Cole ISN'T the best left back in the world! That's the sort of garbage the Sun newspaper peddles out & it's disciples believe......right up until utter disappointment in major tournaments!

Without even thinking very hard I'd say Joan Capdevila is better........one world cup & one Euro.....remind me what Ashley Cole has won for his country?

So Lionel Messi is a shit player as well?

I'd say Cole had a major dip in form at the front end of the season but came back strongly at the end to be back to his best and capped it by playing majestically in the Champions League final

For me he is the best left back in the world and has been for 8 years or more.

And i didn't read that in The Sun - i don't let the papers make my opinions for me

Guest JonTheOwl66

Here is my opinion, as i look at these posts about Cole.

I think that people are getting mixed up with Cole (and yes i think he is a detestable little stinky flaps).

Some people are saying he is world class, some are saying he is crap.

He is excellent going forward, for the people saying world class.

He is not a very good defender, and always out of position, for the people saying he is crap.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Sheffield Wednesday all the way.

Did you not watch the Champions League final?

He's one of the only players in the world to single-handedly contain Cristiano Ronaldo,

He is the best at defending. At the very highest level.

No they didn't - Elland Road was chosen in preference

Absolutely. Nobody can argue that England ignored the north when Wembley was being developed. During that period:

Manchester 16 (SIXTEEN) games

Newcastle 3 games

Liverpool 3 games

Leeds 1 game

Middlesbrough 1 game

Sunderland 1 game

Compare that with the rest of the country:

Birmingham 3 games

London 2 games

Leicester 1 game

Derby 1 game

Ipswich 1 game

Southampton 1 game

If it had always been that way, some of the responses on here might be a bit different.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

What invasions are you talking about?! Invading countries is a thing of the past.

Hitler tried invading other European countries and look what happened there. The Yanks haven't "invaded" anywhere. As one of the strongest military forces of the world they, along with us, have sought out some of the most evil mass murders in the world and rid the world of them and helped restore peace to the countries they have ruled over with fear tactics.

Absolutely. Nobody can argue that England ignored the north when Wembley was being developed. During that period:

Manchester 16 (SIXTEEN) games

Newcastle 3 games

Liverpool 3 games

Leeds 1 game

Middlesbrough 1 game

Sunderland 1 game

Compare that with the rest of the country:

Birmingham 3 games

London 2 games

Leicester 1 game

Derby 1 game

Ipswich 1 game

Southampton 1 game

If it had always been that way, some of the responses on here might be a bit different.

To me anything above Waterlooville is northern, so all England matches are "up north".

How can you say England is a southern team when it plays at Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester etc? It's like if Plymouth had to ground share with Carlisle until their ground was rebuilt. Would they be a southern club then?