Club or Country?

The sorry bunch of over-entitled, over-hyped manchildren currently making up the England squad hardly represent the best of what this country has to offer though do they? If it wasn't so obvious that they didn't care in the slightest it would almost be a pleasure watching the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole get battered by a side that's ACTUALLY good at football.

I don't really enjoy watching Wednesday play because the pressure gets to me and I just want them to win and can't wait for the final whistle along with 3 points.

When I watch England play I can honestly say I couldn't care less if they win, lose, or draw.

Wednesday will always mean more to me than the FAs England.

Guest Bedders

I know its a team game - its you that wanted to compare trophies with Cole and Capdevilla - which is why comparisons are useless about who wins what on an individual basis

And you'll struggle to find many people that don't rate Cole as a player - defensively he is superb and he's never been a wing back so i don't know how you can judge him as one.

Best left back in world football and has been for years

Watch this........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_51/default.stm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........are you sure?

You didn't

i quoted the wrong post cos i was watching the footy and not concentrating

Apologies

Btw i absolutely love going to London - one of the worlds greatest cities in one of the words greatest countries

Perfect!

Fair enough, it is a great city, with MASSIVE amounts of history.

Guest sotonowl

Oh flipping hell here we go again. Bore off back under you rock.

sorry,it weren't aimed at you personally,

Guest Bedders

I'd rather not watch that..... Painful memories.

Players are entitled to their bad days, afterall we have bad days in our jobs also. I wouldn't let that make that a judgement of someone's everyday performance though.

For England I could roll out loads of instances where Ashley Cole is up the wrong end of the pitch / out of position / just can't defend when it comes to the crunch games!We always get punished due to it! I take no pleasure in it but find him so frustrating to watch!!

Watch Brazil's equalizer here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeiReFL3tQ

Not exactly a just a one off from the Germany game!

Edited by Bedders

Watch this........

http://news.bbc.co.u..._51/default.stm

Second goal he didn't track his runner please don't say he was out of position for the third and fourth because that is called covering when you are the last man back. Otherwise the man on the left has a free run at goal.

He tracks Ronaldinho inside is done by a great pieve of skill, yet a central defender doesn't track his man.

If we are talking zonal marking its A Cole's fault if we aret alking man marking its the central defenders fault. What is Sol Campbell doing there is a defender already there but he gets drawn to the ball leaving a gaping hole

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Guest Bedders

Second goal he didn't track his runner please don't say he was out of position for the third and fourth because that is called covering when you are the last man back. Otherwise the man on the left has a free run at goal.

Well seeing we only scored one goal the second was key! That was the winner! Rest just rubbed noses in it!

Watch this........

http://news.bbc.co.u..._51/default.stm

And another thing

That is a clip from a match were the squad had been torn apart by internal strife, morale was at an all-time low, players had to be separated from knocking the shyte out of each other and we proceeded to go out and perform like a bunch of mardy schoolgirls having their first period.

We also had a mentality that was virtually every man for himself and had to all intents and purposes given up on the tournament

Not at all representative of Cole's displays for England which have seen him picked 4 times in the World team of the Year.

It's like somebody saying that Wednesday were poor last season and to prove it here's the Exeter away match

Surely all English Wednesday fans want England to win the euros that's normal surely

To be honest I've seen too many false dawns with England. I've never been a great watcher of football, I played to a decent level, and there's no substitute for that. I followed Wednesday because my dad followed Wednesday, but other than Wednesday, I've never watched much football, the last none Wednesday game I watched was the Huddersfield v United play off final, which up until the penalties, was absolutely garbage, the last England game I saw was the 4-1 defeat to Germany. If England get to the final then I'll watch it, but I don't see them getting out of the group.

I've not watched a game in the tournament yet, and to be honest I can't see that changing, international football holds no excitement for me, in my opinion, England are just another London club.

I remember watching England playing Switzerland when Roy Hosgson was their manager, we beat them 1-0 in the most boring game you could imagine. Hodgson's tactic's that day was 10 men behind the ball, stifle the opposition, and try to knick a goal. I think with the lack of Rooney, he will play a similar way, and I can see all England's group games being dull tight affairs with the onus on stifling the opposition, I'm on nights monday so I won't be watching, but even if I wasn't working, I'd have sat down and watched a film with the wife.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I actually got into international football first. My ex was a Derby fan (yeah, I know) who made me watch the 2006 world cup. Supporting Italy turned out well, but it was the semi-final against Germany where it really clicked for me. Those last two goals were just... but Wednesday is better, because you live it week in week out. I know nothing about football, compared to most people on here, but I get the excitement and the anguish and the elation. I've got to know the players, and how the team works, and how the crowd feels.. and you just can't beat it. It doesn't surprise me that most people don't seem to connect with the England team, because it isn't a team; there isn't that sense of being all in it together, its cynical and mercenary and soulless.

I don't understand nationalism on any level (football or otherwise) to be honest, so it's SWFC all the way for me. The only reason I watch international football is because it's usually a decent standard and more interesting to watch. While I don't begrudge England any kind of victory (except for some of the media, who don't deserve to be able to make millions off the back of it), I wouldn't really care if 'we' won it more than I would if Ukraine did.

In fact, I'd prefer Ukraine to win it, as I have them in a sweepstake ;-)