Club or Country?

Guest eggsarnie

Oh dear.

So after that rant about all things you hate about England, you're going to follow ITALY and FRANCE?!

A lot of the evils of English football came from France/Italy/Germany in the first place!!! All the diving, card waving at refs play acting etc was imported into the English game with the start of the Premier League.

So we have over paid players like Ashley Cole who acts the complete wee pipe regularly enough. Are we the only nation to have players like him? NO! He's the typical modern day, top flight football player, so why let this stop you from supporting your country?

So we have John Terry who fvcked his mate's ex-mrs. Never heard that story before. Never happens in every day life does it?!

Yes, we did invent football, don't be Jelous! David Beckham's possibly the most famous football player in the modern game. He went to America to try andget the Yanks more into football. What's wrong with that? He's an upstanding bloke, a proud Englishman and one that I would forever be happy to put in my England dream team.

An what the **** is with this Un-national anthem b0llocks you're spitting?

i will support italy, and be hoping france rub englands noses right in it, big difference.

ashley cole symbolises a generation of arrogant , average footballers who think they are better than they actually are. and despite that is actually just a nob full stop,

dont forget john terry virtually ruined another players career and even just a week ago got changed into his kit to pick up a trophy he had NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER of lifting, why ? for chelsea fans ? no, the club ? ,no, for his own ego, thats why !!!

i wasnt jealous of england inventing football, but to say it every tournament is actually embrassing,

the england players sing god save the queen, do scotland ? do n.i ? do wales, course they dont, its not the natinal anthem, god save the queen isnt the english national anthem either, they might aswell sing the cheeky girls !

Guest JonTheOwl66

i will support italy, and be hoping france rub englands noses right in it, big difference.

ashley cole symbolises a generation of arrogant , average footballers who think they are better than they actually are. and despite that is actually just a nob full stop,

dont forget john terry virtually ruined another players career and even just a week ago got changed into his kit to pick up a trophy he had NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER of lifting, why ? for chelsea fans ? no, the club ? ,no, for his own ego, thats why !!!

i wasnt jealous of england inventing football, but to say it every tournament is actually embrassing,

the england players sing god save the queen, do scotland ? do n.i ? do wales, course they dont, its not the natinal anthem, god save the queen isnt the english national anthem either, they might aswell sing the cheeky girls !

I was willing to respect your opinion until you said Ashley Cole was average. Oh dear oh dear.

thousands of years of social injustice and the fact that their ancestors were better at stealing land than mine doesn't make me proud of the. Royal family maybe it's because MY parents. Taught me to make my own mind. Up

Sense. Makes. Doesn't.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Also if a Wednesday player insulted the fans as rooney did in South Africa. He'd have been chucked out but you're. Going to cheer him on??????????

*sigh*

That argument is so flawed. Wayne Rooney is a top-class striker. He plays for England because of his fantastic form for Manchester United.

He may be a Granny-shagging moron, but he's an England player. For that very reason, he deserves our support.

As John Terry does.

When they play for United and Chelsea respectively, believe me I'll hate them. But when they pull on the England shirt it's different.

As long as JT is playing I'd rather Wednesday win a throw in than see England win the Euros and see that thrower lift a cup in my name. Don't really care about International footie unless Wednesday have a player in it. If say Semedo was playing for Portugal I'd want them to win it. Only time I went to watch England was when Woods, Palmer, Walker and Sinton all played against Brazil and I just wanted them to do well because of the reflected glory for my club.

Guest foreverSWFC

*sigh*

That argument is so flawed. Wayne Rooney is a top-class striker. He plays for England because of his fantastic form for Manchester United.

He may be a Granny-shagging moron, but he's an England player. For that very reason, he deserves our support.

As John Terry does.

When they play for United and Chelsea respectively, believe me I'll hate them. But when they pull on the England shirt it's different.

I agree with you there completely.

And Ashley Cole is the best left back in the world.

from a 36 year old,

Not sure the country's luv for England has ever matched that of Italy 1990 and has fallen since.

In 1994 we failed to qualify and in 1998 football had changed to the modern era with Beckham et al, who were so far removed from the average fan.

Never regained the luv after 1990. Wednesday all the way for me.

*sigh*

As John Terry does.

Can't agree with either point, sorry. My principles and morales don't disappear just because someone puts on an England shirt.

Rooney & Terry deserve my support and respect?

You must be joking. I wouldnt wee wee on either if they were on fire.

(I agree, Ashley Cole is a good player - one of the few in the current team).

Guest Row20

They play in England. If they played in Carlisle would you refuse to support them because it's too far up north? How ridiculous. NOT a southern team. ENGLISH team.

Wouldn't make a difference to club or country debate but yes I think I might be more supportive if they travelled around the country a bit more so more people got the opportunity to support them ( support in terms of actually going to see them as opposed to being a fan and watching them on telly or looking for the results) You appear to be a little critical of people who don't share your nationalist views. You are entitled to your opinions but seemingly I am not entitled to my " ridiculous" views hmmmn .... Perhaps that is why I am not a nationalist.

Can't agree with either point, sorry. My principles and morales don't disappear just because someone puts on an England shirt.

Rooney & Terry deserve my support and respect?

You must be joking. I wouldnt wee wee on either if they were on fire.

(I agree, Ashley Cole is a good player - one of the few in the current team).

No, just your support. For the sake of your country.

I don't understand how people think others have to support England just because they represent England. And I don't buy this patriotism poo . With the myriad a lobbers representing us, there's no surprise people couldn't give a poo about our national team.

Wouldn't make a difference to club or country debate but yes I think I might be more supportive if they travelled around the country a bit more so more people got the opportunity to support them ( support in terms of actually going to see them as opposed to being a fan and watching them on telly or looking for the results) You appear to be a little critical of people who don't share your nationalist views. You are entitled to your opinions but seemingly I am not entitled to my " ridiculous" views hmmmn .... Perhaps that is why I am not a nationalist.

You are entitled to your own oppinion...... If it reflects mine!

I just can't understand the view that someone born and bred in this country wouldn't also support their country.

I don't like the question to be honest, Wednesday will never play England so why one over the other. If you are a proud fan of both great. As for picking certain players of England and pointing out there faults, would you support any Wednesday player come what may, if not does it make you feel less about us? Probably not.