"Sort it out"

It needed sorting out , Bournemouth could have had a hatfull .

And there in lies the problem, the moaners are purists and the standard in this division is gash.

We can get away with having a $hit defence, just sort out the attack (which is happening) and to the fans to stop f00king moaning and enjoy what we watch........Third division football!

Jones will get us promoted this season but to all the moaning f00kers out there go against what comes naturally to you on match days and get behind the team for your own sake!

And there in lies the problem, the moaners are purists and the standard in this division is gash.

We can get away with having a $hit defence, just sort out the attack (which is happening) and to the fans to stop f00king moaning and enjoy what we watch........Third division football!

Jones will get us promoted this season but to all the moaning f00kers out there go against what comes naturally to you on match days and get behind the team for your own sake!

Spot on, look at Peterborough last season terrible defensively and had one of the worst defence records in the league yet there goal scoring won them promotion

Guest justcraig

morons, simply morons, I love the you can score 3 cos we'll score 5 style of play! So much more interesting and fun than boring out a 1-0 win!

Me and my mate were actually laughing, we love being Owls fans cos you never know whats gonna happen next!

Never dull at Hillsborough.

I went to Old Trafford on Thursday night,

In all seriousness, a guy actually shouted " Rooney you're sh!t " ( I'll have 11 sh!t players then please mate )

Some people just shout any old nads sometimes, we often forget that over the course of 90 minutes, the opposing team is likely to have a shot or a cross that goes across the face of goal, and we are going to miss a pass or a tackle.

We had that game won after 10 minutes on Saturday, but we can't have 100% possession and come under no pressure throughout a whole match, just doesnt work that way.

Edited by leea8331

Guest jimbob

We've had 3 clean sheets in our last 4 games!

Bit harsh to change the defence a lot after that.

Hang on a second! I'm not advocating changing the defence. But it seemed pretty clear that as the away side Bournemouth had way too many very good chances. It's all a process - you can't change styles overnight and expect everything to fall into place. DJ speaks very intelligently about the technicalities of what's going on and I'm certain he'll iron out the problems that are creating those opportunities for the opposition. He's already talked about fullbacks choking the wingers, our possession being too much in our own third and you only have to watch him on the touchline to see how annoyed he gets when the defence launch it forward (which happened a lot on Saturday. But we've got a good man at the helm and if we get away with a bit of naivity when we play the better sides (Nottc County and Huddersfield namely) then there's little doubt we'll get promotion.

I think it's further proof that there'll always be some who are never happy, just got to accept it as a part of football supporters unfortunately. Anyone with any understanding of the game has to laugh at that.

To be fair it should have been 6-3 to us on sat.

Yes bornmuff had chances but they were 3 down so you'd expect them to press

and us to sit back a bit.

My concerns are...1 - Bennett, doesn't look comfortable having the ball and

is a liability defending. 2 - Rob Jones looks like a fish out of water with the ball

at his feet and some of his clearances were awful. Llera is the right man for that position.

Other than that i'll never complain about a 3-0 win. We are trying to play a new style

and we definately took the foot off the gas after 10 mins.

Also Bornmuff are a very decent side i think. They played nice football and but for some woeful finishing, including from the 800k sub, would have had 2 or 3.

Good performance, confidence must be high, couple of additions, another week to prepare,

5000 owls cheering them on...bring on Notts i say!

With the style of play DJ wants to have I think we will look more vulnerable (although score more).

I think so too, and it's not a bad thing, just different to what we are used to.

Megson - Keep tight, keep organised, longer/direct ball then hold it up and wait for the runners. Wingers adding support to the full-backs. Add to that more hitting into channels and big into set-pieces.

Jones - Playing much further up the pitch. People like Lowe playing much more forward and the wingers being less defensive, although probably less overlaps by the full-backs.

We might struggle at the back sometimes when teams get it down and play as our centre halves are not the quickest however although they had a few chances first half I thought our back four were brilliant second half. Bywater only had one save to make and funnily enough it was a header from a long hopeful cross which Jones got nowhere near.

Its a panic thing....WEdnesday fans have seen all sorts of leads turn to sh*te over a number of years.....and there were not just the odd few shouting...most of us were worrying..its not booing, its not a criticism, its simply fretting.

Wednesday took their foot off the gas 20 minutes in, Now maybe Mr Jones has not seen any of his previous teams lose a 3 goal lead...I dunno..he's a far better judge than me on football tactics...but i believe I know more about Wednesday at the minute...and if any football club in the world can flip it up from 3-0 up..we can...especially with 80 minutes left...I only bloody relaxed last 10...I know its stupid , but its deep in Wednesday Psyche, you simpl;y expect a bloody pear shaped cloud laden with sh*te to trot over the West stand........

Its a panic thing....WEdnesday fans have seen all sorts of leads turn to sh*te over a number of years.....and there were not just the odd few shouting...most of us were worrying..its not booing, its not a criticism, its simply fretting.

Wednesday took their foot off the gas 20 minutes in, Now maybe Mr Jones has not seen any of his previous teams lose a 3 goal lead...I dunno..he's a far better judge than me on football tactics...but i believe I know more about Wednesday at the minute...and if any football club in the world can flip it up from 3-0 up..we can...especially with 80 minutes left...I only bloody relaxed last 10...I know its stupid , but its deep in Wednesday Psyche, you simpl;y expect a bloody pear shaped cloud laden with sh*te to trot over the West stand........

That is so true.

It is the Wednesday Way.

How many other Clubs have a similar phrase?

I bet we own the patent.

Guest mkowl

Just watched the BBC South take on this, saying that as 3.10 the game was over and though they had chances it didn't really redeem the poor start, if people remember exactly what happened to Wednesday at Blackburn in the League Cup. Game won, team in lead take foot off gas, team losing make some chances. But none of us really thought we then deserved to win that game. I suspect some Blackburn fans went home dis-appointed that night as well.

We've had 3 clean sheets in our last 4 games!

Bit harsh to change the defence a lot after that.

The new style leaves us open, theres no doubt about that. The defence wasnt that solid vs Bournemouth, the clean sheet was down to poor finishing more than much else.

I prefer this style, but it has the potential to give us a soft underbelly.