GARY MEGSON SACKED !

No point in moaning because it won't solve anything, if anything moaning will just make thing worse, is that what people want?

Why are you not allowed to moan about a decision made by the club.

Or would you prefer we're all brainless cash cows that happily clap along?

I work in the East Midlands and have spent the past couple of hours talking about this with bemused Derby, Forest & Leicester fans. They are all equally gobsmacked and agree with me that this will more than likely backfire on Mandaric.

One Forest fan summed it up perfectly. "...It defies all logic..."

Guest waddle-legend

good decision employed to get us promoted not going to catch united or charlton we dont score enough and has no plan b

Lost 6 0 to stevenage lost to exiter and chesterfield

If we had lost or even drawn on sunday everyone would be agreeing with milan we scored one goal but performance was awfull

Wonder if it would have been cheaper to buy Marshall than sack Megson?

You know what that is a good question, though I guess the wage budgets between us and Leicester always had us as outsiders to sign him.

Anyone else though wake up this morning and immediately check OS thinking it must all be a bad dream? I sure did, still cant believe hes gone...gutted.

Dont care how successful you are in business there are ways to treat people and this is not one. Megson had us 3rd in the league and at least deserved the season to try and get us up...sorry Milan but youve dropped MASSIVELY in everyones estimations now.

Guest Reid or Deid

How do

Been lurking on here for a while but last night's slap around the chops finally forced me to register and share my views.

Still can't quite believe Megson's gone. I went to bed gutted and woke up feeling much the same, albeit with an added dose of bemusement.

Mainly because Sunday was so epic. Hillsborough was rocking - Kaiserslautern-esque in terms of atmosphere, and like one of our early 90s cup semi-finals in how the result felt.

Mandaric is either very brave, or very foolish. (Although you don't get to make millions by being foolish.)

But still, it's his club now and he'll do what he wants.

Thanks for the passion, Gary. Hope to see you back in the dug-out one day.

Been on nights when I heard this news so had several hours to calm down and think of a reasoned opinion to this whole situation and here is my conclusion.

It's a short-sighted and terrible decision.

Yes, results as of late have not been promotion form results and one game, the derby, shouldn't mask over that fact but for God's sake, we're 3rd in the league. Megson and the players may not play attractive football but at what point does that guarentee success? Doncaster are doing great by all means. I seem to remember us being pleasing on the eye under Laws the year he got sacked, we subsequently went down. It has to be something off the pitch because on it there is little reason or sense of doing this now. I notice some on here suggesting that it may be revenge on Gary as he walked out to go to Bolton. If that was MM revenge it is childish and pathetic and quite frankly if he ever revealed that, I'd lose ever ounce of respect I have for him. People have families to support and ambitions, Gary saw the opportunity to manage at a higher level and on more money so it's a no brainer, most people would do the same no matter what job they had.

As for a replacement, people may be forgetting that Megson is managing in League One. He is arguably a Premier League/higher Championship standard manager and a successful one in general at what he does. We AREN'T going to get a manager of his calibre now until we are in a position where we are challenging for promotion to the EPL or higher. We might not have gone up automatically with Megson but there is only one manager that could get the players focussed and pumped for the Play Offs and that was Megson through his raw passion and desire to do well for SWFC. The problem we see now is that a new man will have to hit the ground running to win automatic while accessing new players, styles, changing tactics etc and all this in a very short space of time. That's very unlikely to happen. So it's looking like we are stuck in the PO's with a less passionate manager already. I haven't seen the stats but if Dave Jones comes in, just out of interest, how many times as he bottled it with Cardiff at this stage of the season and in the PO's??? I'll reserve my judgement on the new manager though until he has had time to settle and make his own team.

And lastly, Megson has brought something back to Hillsborough, well from my point of view since I've only been a regular for 10 years he's brought something to Hilllsborough I've never experienced, that is ultimately much more important and special than a few dodgey results. There's a certain pride and passion to following SWFC now, a confidence going into games and a sense of belonging that in my eyes makes the game much more enjoyable win/lose or draw. Atleast there was until last night, I pray that's not been lost but I fear it has.

So to sum up, terrible timing, terrible decision and very short-sighted.

I wish Gary the very best of luck. Hope he gets a fair chance at a club that has more foresight than us.

UTO. XBANA GARY!

So we were told.....

people saying "buy marshall vs sack megson", we matched leicester's bid for marshall, he chose them.

I understand we did

HE choose the level of football, the ridiculous wages and no doubt a slice for t'agent

Just got back to Belgium after a pretty dreadful 10 days (derby day excluded), was really looking forward to seeing some positive news on signing a speedy forward or summat.

Only for this bombshell to go off in me face......I actually thought life might take a turn for the better, obviously not.

I haven't read all the thread, but there is definitely more to this than just results......I have a strong feeling that Gary has been disgruntled from the moment he took the job, due to lack of investment in the playing side, the problem now is who can we get in who's any better or even equally up to the job?

I'm not going to be jerking any knees at the moment due to being knackered, but I might be tempted once I've heard an official response.....(I'm guessing there hasn't been one yet as I haven't had time to read anything else?)

Bye Gary, good luck.

.And lastly, Megson has brought something back to Hillsborough, well from my point of view since I've only been a regular for 10 years he's brought something to Hilllsborough I've never experienced, that is ultimately much more important and special than a few dodgey results. There's a certain pride and passion to following SWFC now, a confidence going into games and a sense of belonging that in my eyes makes the game much more enjoyable win/lose or draw. Atleast there was until last night, I pray that's not been lost but I fear it has.

UTO. XBANA GARY!

I've just picked this out of your post because you are sooo right here.......and like you, I hope that togetherness that Gary brought to the club isn't lost.