GARY MEGSON SACKED !

There has always been more to supporting Wednesday than pounds, points and league position and that feeling was coming back as well as competing for promotion. Maybe Milan felt threatened by Megson's connection with the club and fans being stronger than his financial control.

Whatever the reasons it feels like Mandaric has ripped the heart out of the club again and it's very disappointing for those of us who've allowed ourselves to believe we were getting there. Other managers might possibly get a run of results but none can connect with the fans in the same way.

Unbelievable. I predicted with some regret that Milan would sack him if we lost last Sunday but was sure a victory would save him. Turns out the rumours were right after all.

Makes you wonder how happy MM was when we won. Must have complicated his plans a little.

Then again, to take paraphrase a popular saying from on here he probably thought "I'm MM, I'll do what I like".

I've never been a great gary megson fan, but he won me over this season and this decision is shameful.

Knowing us fans though we'll not give a throw if we're promoted come May.

UTO

FMM

Some absolute classless posts on this thread. Really disappointed at some of the naive opinions.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a gary megson fan.

If he wasn't a Wednesday fan there wouldn't be half as much bile.

This is what Milan does, he has done it in the past - why is everyone so surprised?

I have 100% faith in Mandaric as a chairman but only had 50% faith in Megson as a manager.

This totally, i was season ticket holder for twenty odd years but since my lad can now go by himself i havent been regular for the last couple of years and can honestly say i havent missed it, but still as twitchy as the next bloke whilst watching Geoff Stelling.

But because of the great results we have been having this season i asked my partner to buy me a half season ticket for xmas ,since then i have attended about 3 hours of football!, sunday aside it has been the worst footballl i have ever watched in my life ,the Yeovil game i was at home by half time it was that poor (and i was as happy as the next owl when we eventually won) ,the next two games i didnt even bother going !

Now you can slate me all you like but when i go to a match i like to see us create proper openings playing proper football ,i aint that bothered about seeing a forward who creates loads of chances for others but doesnt score himself, ,why? because when you are not playing well you need someone who can win the game for you with one chance and steel the points.

As i say i know i am in for a battering with my points, but think about it how many games have we stole the points in a game we should have lost? answer.... not many ,if any.

I really am sad to see a good man go but i do believe if we had lost on sunday the outcry would not be half as loud ,if you dont believe me check out the posts after the Chessy game .

11 loaness and 7 free transfers I think it is. How much has he actually had to spend on transfers? Worked a miracle. You have no perspective whatsoever with a post like that.

This decision is just plain wrong!

£350k on COG, £250k on Mike flipping Jones, £50k on Lines, £250k on Lowe, none of which overly inspire. Add Bennett, Bostock & the Reynolds/Beevers/Morrison situations to that list & you've got some pretty shocking signings for a side chasing promotion.

I'm not saying GM was a total train wreck, but he's not been able to take us to where we should be

And the new manager has the loan window for signings so can make some changes.

I would also like to say, 1 shakey (albeit VERY satisfying) win over the porkers does not a season make, we've not been good enough, full stop.

Thanks for steadying the ship Gary, but time to move on

Edited by Minton