GARY MEGSON SACKED !

£350k on COG, £250k on Mike flipping Jones, £50k on Lines, £250k on Lowe, none of which overly inspire. Add Bennett, Bostock & the Reynolds/Beevers/Morrison situations to that list & you've got some pretty shocking signings for a side chasing promotion.

I'm not saying GM was a total train wreck, but he's not been able to take us to where we should be

And the new manager has the loan window for signings so can make some changes.

£250k COG £70K Mike Jones

Unbelievable. Nobody available would be better than Megson at this point. Absolutely gutted for the bloke! Who ever is lined up to come in better get us promoted or Milan has rogerd it right up. And he can roger off.

Has to be down to a class of personality's which shouldn't happen in football if the manager is doing a good job, which Megson is.

This football club doesnt half know how to bite you in the arse.

WTID

As others have already said, he doesn't give a poo about Wednesday fans.

I did point this out when someone said Mandric would take fans opinions into consideration with his decision making. He owns the club he will do what he wants to achieve success.

Obviously very disappointed with the sacking but it will be hard to judge it honestly until I see who the replacement it, and make no mistakes about it he better be good.

£350k on COG, £250k on Mike flipping Jones, £50k on Lines, £250k on Lowe, none of which overly inspire. Add Bennett, Bostock & the Reynolds/Beevers/Morrison situations to that list & you've got some pretty shocking signings for a side chasing promotion.

I'm not saying GM was a total train wreck, but he's not been able to take us to where we should be

And the new manager has the loan window for signings so can make some changes.

Think you need to check your sums. Mike Jones and Ryan Lowe cost a fraction of those prices. Meanwhile Alan Irvine spent £1.6m in transfer fees andd added 25% to the wage bill in one January window despite nearly every fan realising he was an awful manager by that stage. Megson's severance pay would have been better spent on supporting him in a promotion push.

Guest AntPoole

Parted company.

Official SMS.

flip off Milan.

today is a sad day for SWFC. Really thought Gorgeous Gaz would go far. Good manager and top bloke. Won't be boycotting the club and neither will the others, they're just venting which is understandable. Poor decision Milan but we're going to have to accept it and move on. UTO.

Megson wasn't loved by all fans before the United game and in fact a lot wanted him out. To me this shows just how fickle a lot of Wednesday fans are. In my opinion we are going to be in a play off place at the end of the season and this would be the situation If Megson was the manager or not. We haven't been good enough to be in the top 2 and hopefully we are too far in front of the chasing pack. Maybe a new manager will change the style of football we play and make us more attacking.This may get us more points. Who knows. Yes i feel sorry for Megson but it's not the end of the world.

Everyone having a go at Milan for sacking Megson is also out of order in my opinion but what i do agree with is if he has been talking to other managers then this is disgusting and not acceptable. However, he is the chairman and the person who has bought in the players we have today. He got rid of Irvine at the right time and it may also be the right time to get rid of Megson

It was too late to get rid of Irvine and it's far too early to get rid of Megson.

He had his critics, including me, but in my opinion he hasn't been fully backed. Third in the league in no shame at all and the new manager has little time to convince us he is the right man by the end of the season.

Completely shocked and not happy at all. As others have said...this is the first time I've felt this way when a Wednesday manager has been sacked.

How much responsibility do the PLAYERS have in this.

For years I've felt the players have let down some of the managers that have been sacked, Sturrock and Laws for example.

Megson has been banging on about us playing to Madine's strength and stopping the hoofball. Players working hard and giving they're all. Finishing and set pieces have been practised a million times. Yet its hardly ever clicked.

Fairs, fair it was Megson's job to make the player respond to his instructions. But a lot of the time they didn't seem to be responding. Even though there wasn't any apparent signs that he'd lost the dressing room.

At times it was as if they were just ignoring him for no reason.

If When Gary comes on here and reads all of this he will know how much he is not only respected but truly loved by Owls fans. This is a shocking decision in all senses of the word and I would like to echo the sentiments of many and wish Gary and Chris all the very best in their future careers. Wednesday legends, without a doubt.

I can't see how this is going to help matters, and while I hope I am wrong, it just doesn't matter quite as much to me now as it did yesterday.

Guest Twickenham Owl

I still can't believe this, I really can't remember feeling this low.

Whoever comes in, I will do my best to back but I know it will take me a while to get used to SWFC without Gary. He changed the feeling around the club so much, and I think now he's gone, that 'feelgood' factor will be gone too.

Saying this, if we get promoted I'm sure I'll feel pretty good but it would be so much better with Megson. I really hope he comes back one day; he deserves more time with us!

I'm not going to get into a debate about budgets because there is too much guesswork and assumption involved. But what I would point out is that Megson entered the summer saying he didn't particularly want to be dependent on loans. Just a few months later, I think Antonio is the 11th loan deal so far this season.

An absolute f@cking joke,having been a season ticket holder for 14 years,if this is what happens to get back to the " Barclays premier league " means then I'd rather we went under last year,this season I've really enjoyed being a wednesayite and felt Meggo had my sort of passion towards the club,business/ money has ruined modern day football in my opinion.

Strange timing for that particular remark.

I know what you are saying, but what about all the games we have lost by the odd goal? most teams in our position are out of sight by the the time someone scores their once in a lifetime screamer,but not with us, its always the match decider. Surely our goal difference tells us something.

As i said, i think GM is a good man, but sorry that type football aint for me and a good few others, hence when we lose two in a row a couple of thousand dont attend the next game even whilst in the top three.

Says it all.

That pic has brought tears to my eyes. It just feels like for the first time in years that everyone, fans, players, manager and staff were on such a high on sunday. The highest we've been for a long time. It's like a baloon of positivity been blown up only for the class bully to come and stick a pin in. Sunday was just another game now and three points all the positive psychology and momentum from that win has vanished. That set us up nicely for the last 13 games. Like everyone has said its shocking timing, irvine had to go but he waited till he splashed all the transfer budget and now this.

Thank you for the memories megson. Just sorry you had to leave. You will always be a legend in my eyes, and although im gutted you've gone. What a game to bow out on, this will always be your home.

D

Uto

Guest Shiner number 9

Who can say we would have definately been prmoted if we had kept meggo? On the other hand, it may have been sorted weeks ago for all we know. I look at it this way: We get promoted and it was a good decision. We don't get promoted and it was a bad decision. Either way it's far too early to moan, we need to stick together and support the team.

I agree with you mate, really very sorry for Megs, he's one of us, but MM must be totally aware of the consequences of this change in managers failing, so let's reserve judgement.

Braced for the rep bashing, but I don't understand the outcry from a lot of Wednesday fans about Milan sacking Meggo. If he wasn't a SWFC hero from days of yore, his uninspiring football, lack of tactical nous, rubbish signings and poor results wouldn't have been tolerated as long as they have....

flip off back to the sty - pig