GARY MEGSON SACKED !

http://www.swfc.co.u...2628752,00.html

Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with manager gary megson.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "This was a very difficult decision but one that has been taken with the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday at heart.

"We have 13 games to go of what is a critical season for our club and this decision has been taken because I believe we have a better chance of achieving our key aim of promotion by making the change.

"I fully understand this may not be the most popular decision amongst our supporters but I ask them to trust me, as they have done so whole heartedly during the time I have been at the club.

"Whilst we won what was a huge game last Sunday, I have looked at results before that to reach the conclusion which I believe is the right one for now and the future of Sheffield Wednesday.

"I take no decision lightly regarding this club and this one is no different.

"One chapter is closed and another one begins. We must now look forward and I hope to appoint a new manager as soon as possible to help achieve success for this club."

Sheffield Wednesday will be making no further comment at this time.

Edited by KivoOwl

Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with manager

gary megson.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "This was a very difficult decision but one that has been taken with the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday at heart.

"We have 13 games to go of what is a critical season for our club and this decision has been taken because I believe we have a better chance of achieving our key aim of promotion by making the change.

"I fully understand this may not be the most popular decision amongst our supporters but I ask them to trust me, as they have done so whole heartedly during the time I have been at the club.

"Whilst we won what was a huge game last Sunday, I have looked at results before that to reach the conclusion which I believe is the right one for now and the future of Sheffield Wednesday.

"I take no decision lightly regarding this club and this one is no different.

[/left]

taken from OS

:(