GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Guest jeffrey

How many times we heard Garry bang on about Paul Aldridge and how we lost this signing and that signing. I think their relationship will be the one to blame.reckon Aldridge will hav a bigger say in who is the next manager

looks like milan is after getting a proper fast return on his investment and will do anything to get it , ruthless .Gutted tbh for megson hopefully we can get him back oneday under another chairman

looks like milan is after getting a proper fast return on his investment and will do anything to get it , ruthless .Gutted tbh for megson hopefully we can get him back oneday under another chairman

Can't see how this is going to help us get promotion, in fact I think this will have a negative effect on the players. I didn't post last night because I was so angry and thought I would wait until this morning. I laid awake for ages trying to get my head round this and just cannot understand it. Last night I thought about not going for the rest of the season in support of Meggo. If Ince or Jones get the job I definitely will not go again. I am gutted for Gary. Bottom half of the table when he came, little financial support, 3rd today and he gets sacked. Milan it's time to sell us ion if thats what you think we are about. Gary is one of us and doesn't deserve this.

Guest highamowl

what a crap decision. He needed time to turn the club round from one that was going no where. we had no scouts, not decent players, and no chance of going anywhere when he came in.

he was turning us round, putting things in place, and also delivering above what most of us thought he would with the squad we have. We have limits on our budget that the other top teams dont have. We cant afford their players, yet are competing with them.

absolutely gutted.

Guest HelenTheOwl

Gutted for Megson and everyone associated with the club. It seems even though we had supposedly turned over a new leaf in fact we're just back to the old ways. Sacking managers here there and everywhere.

Although I'm shocked like everyone else I reckon Megson knew about this last week, or certainly before the derby. He sounded so down in the interview after we beat the pigs it was obvious something wasn't right.

Can't see who can be brought in at this stage who will do a better job. It seems MM is going to be relying on the 'new manager' boost but will the players react to a new bloke being brought in when they clearly liked Megson?

Not happy.

Bad form Milan.

Lack of investment from Milan has been the problem, but GM ends up paying the price for that.

If I'm honest I didn't think GM was the right man originally, but to be fair to him he plugged away with loanees etc and little backing from the chairman.

Silk purse / sows ear.

The way he has been treated and the timing of this sacking is utterly unacceptable.

Can't see it paying off.

Obviously a big fallout after Chesterfield.

Guest pops55

Bad form Milan.

Lack of investment from Milan has been the problem, but GM ends up paying the price for that.

If I'm honest I didn't think GM was the right man originally, but to be fair to him he plugged away with loanees etc and little backing from the chairman.

Silk purse / sows ear.

The way he has been treated and the timing of this sacking is utterly unacceptable.

Can't see it paying off.

Obviously a big fallout after Chesterfield.

This is what i reckon happened

Edited by pops55

Guest ChesterfieldSeasider

Rumour that Sheridan is going to be potted and Megson going to be Spireite Boss :unsure:

I never realised that Megson had been backed so poorly in the transfer market - only £135k net spend (according to the star)- pathetic support from the board for a club with aspirations of promotion from any league. We will have spent more paying him off! No way to run a business!

Wow !

Is that all ???

What does he expect FFS?