GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Nearly 24 hours on and still feel gutted. Worse decision since Tricky Trev left. Dave Jones will be as big a disappointment as Pleat, but starts from a position where some fans already hate him. Can't see any sense in this decision at all, and all the feel-good factor around Milan has gone. Am not one of the 'will never go again' brigade, but really don't know how / what I will feel next home game. Hope to God the Xbana Milan flag is down, cos it will only cause trouble if it's left there.

As much as i wanted meggo to stay i think we should all calm down and move on.

If we don't go up then fair enough we can then vent our anger at milan.

Whoever comes in needs all our support. What if the new guy gets us up,milan will be a hero again.

Come on guys lets get behind wednesday.

I'm not convinced we would have gone up if Megson would have stayed if I'm honest. It does look like Charlton and United have got the first and second spots, play-offs who knows Megson have might done it.

I'm not massively shocked he's gone, Megson was about substance over style, but the substance was looking a bit dodgy. Our form before the derby was something like 4 points out of a possible 21 I think, that's relegation form not promotion. You can argue we didn't strengthen enough in January, but I think Megson always knew that if MM wasn't shy in making changes if he felt something wasn't working.

Would I have sacked Megson? NO.

But I'm not as shocked as some of you on here. People keep on going on about winning the derby, but I'm not sure that one game makes that much of a difference in MM's eyes

Guest York Owl

Instant success is hard to achieve but to turn a team of apathetic relegation fodder into a team of promotion hopefuls in the space of 12 months on a shoestring budget is in my book is progress and a club heading in the right direction. We may never know the real reason why Milan made this decision but gary megson was never given the chance to build on this promising start and finish the job of taking us back to the top flight which eventually given his previous experience and success and his love of the club he would have done. Not so long ago people on here were promoting managerial stability for the good of the club, this decision could end in disaster once again.

Same old Wednesday :^(

I think its a mistake sacking Megson at this stage of the season with 13 games to go at least let him finish the season and try and get us promoted automatically or through PO's.

Cant understand the logic at all. Something as not been right between board and manager for a while though so not that suprised.

poo poo or bust time now. Mandarics either gona be a legend or failure.

But whoever comes in next needs out support as do the players.

I dont think people should not support the team Saturday or boo the new manager or chant Megson all way through match like some people have stated because its not going to do anyone any justice fans, players, manager, chairman or even Megson.

Lets get behind the team and try get the objective everyone wants even Megson. Promotion. If someone else can get promotion with Megsons team then surely he would have done. But whats done is done.

UTO

Guest JonTheOwl66

absolutely furious about this but i expected nothing less from mandaric

i wont be going to hillsborough again until this joke of a chairman has gone!

laughing stock of the football league once again, sick of it...

lol lol

Wonderful.

Mandaric - you really are clueless.

Your statement suggests that a new manager will be able to do something in the remaining 13 games. REALLY?????

You are forgetting that to pull this rabbit out of the bag that Utd will need to fornicate up significantly.

Play offs is best we can expect. I can't see why Megson is not the ideal person to take us through that lottery with his passion for the club.

Pathetic.

:tango:

Guest We Shall Overcome

Id love to know what dave jones meant when he said there was no information on any players that the club where looking at when he arrived at hillsbrough surely he did'nt mean somebody had got rid of it, before he got there?.