GARY MEGSON SACKED !

I've just picked this out of your post because you are sooo right here.......and like you, I hope that togetherness that Gary brought to the club isn't lost.

Agree.

Some posts on here moaning about the style of football make me laugh. What do they expect?

We've been watching rubbish for years, played by players without the fight and heart.

Now we have a team that wants to be part of sheffield wednesday. Yes the football at times

is not great but we are in League 1! It was always going to take time.

I think Milan has bottled it to be honest. He didn't want to risk spending another year in L1 for financial reasons so made a change. Sadly it will take time for the new manager to bed in and bring in the players he needs so we are less likely to promoted in my opinion.

No doubt Milan thought we would lose against United and thought this would be a great time to get rid of him, how wrong he was.

Megson deserved a chance to finish the job. Milan has messed up, not least because we have finally replaced Marshall and I think our results are ready to improve.

Guest cafcclive

i think this was planned before sunday's game , in which case it is more outrageous ,what can any other manager do that gm cant, dont forget swfc are 3 rd from top not bottom ,

i would hit mm where it hurts in the pocket , now i would never miss seeing my team , but as for burgers , beer & programes forget it not buying anymore ,

i hope you get a decent manager , but i think the sacking was disgusting and stupid

Why are you not allowed to moan about a decision made by the club.

Or would you prefer we're all brainless cash cows that happily clap along?

Because it won't change anything, since it's already happened. All it will do is lead to further unsettlement.

well i said the other day, and i ment it. thats me done for the season, same as the lads who go with me.

megson was and is one of us, millan has shat on him and us fans. so i will be spending my hard earned cash on other things.

as for the first season ticket in ten years i was going to get you can flip off with that aswell.

milan you got this wrong, and if you get your next apointment you will feel just how passionate the people of sheffield realy are, cos when the fans turn on you you will know about it.

totaly disgusted with what you have done Milan. totaly totaly the wrong thing to do

32 thousand fans sang megsons name on sunday. there may be a hell of a lot more singing Milan OUT very very soon

and why the flip does in now feel like we lost on sunday.

my moral is gone i would imagine the players are the same, lost the the plot, the fans and the players all at one. well done milan you flipping idiot

Edited by oli1980

I work in the East Midlands and have spent the past couple of hours talking about this with bemused Derby, Forest & Leicester fans. They are all equally gobsmacked and agree with me that this will more than likely backfire on Mandaric.

One Forest fan summed it up perfectly. "...It defies all logic..."

Likewise, my mates here (Everton, Saints, Pompey and Bolton) thought the same thing. The Bolton fan HATED Megson, but felt he was the right man for this job.

I'm not angry, I just feel very down. I think Milan has made a big, big mistake.

I'd love to know how much the compo for this will be.

well i said the other day, and i ment it. thats me done for the season, same as the lads who go with me.

megson was and is one of us, millan has shat on him and us fans. so i will be spending my hard earned cash on other things.

as for the first season ticket in ten years i was going to get you can flip off with that aswell.

milan you got this wrong, and if you get your next apointment you will feel just how passionate the people of sheffield realy are, cos when the fans turn on you you will know about it.

totaly disgusted with what you have done Milan. totaly totaly the wrong thing to do

32 thousand fans sang megsons name on sunday. there may be a hell of a lot more singing Milan OUT very very soon

and why the flip does in now feel like we lost on sunday.

my moral is gone i would imagine the players are the same, lost the the plot, the fans and the players all at one. well done milan you flipping idiot

I understand your anger mate and i flounced last night BUT it is Sheffield Wednesday we support.

MM will be gone and SWFC will live on.

The team needs your support. Put your anger to one side and get behind the team.

It's what megson would want!

Right, my first post on the matter!

First of all, in general at our level sticking with a manager and showing loyalty doesn't prove anything. I can't think of an example where faith and loyalty with a manager during lean times has proved the correct course of action in the bottom two divisions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Secondly we can't really assess whether gary megson has done a better job than any other manager of his standard - that standard being an average manager with ups and downs, successes and failures on his record. We have improved but we couldn't get much worse. My cat could have managed the team better than Irvine, and in my opinion Megson was no better than Laws or Sturrock ..both managers that ultimately had to go due to poor performances and results.

So what made Megson different? he is 'one of us' ..so what? so was Chris Turner and people thought he was a joke.

I feel sorry for Meggo , especially after Sunday, but he know full well that if we started to slide at any stage..despite the league position...he was likely to be given the boot. Lets face it we have been playing terrible football with no signs of improvement or change in the way we play, meaning that Megson was either not good enough to change tactics or he had lost too much of the dressing room due to his abbrasive approach.

We won't actually know if this is a bad move by Milan because we can't see into the future. We might hate the man that comes in..but so did the pigs with Wilson and look at them now.

Personally I would have given Megson until the end of the season and assessed it then, but Milan has made the decision now.

Lastly, the abuse of Milan Madaric on here has been disgusting. He's not exactly gone against type here, and given us far, far more than he has taken away. I am gobsmacked at the vitriol aimed towards him

On, and don't worry about Garry Megson..yep, this will hurt him but he can proud of what he has done here. He's a strong character and he will get another job quite quickly.

Up the owls.

Edited by Bannofan

Guest adhoc

Second highest winning percentage of any Sheffielld Wednesday manager in history (only beaten by Harry Catterick)

[source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers ]

Yet another manager sacked against the wishes of the majority of fans

I'm sickened.

Couldn't we have been allowed to enjoy Sunday for a few more days at least?

I have decided I actually don't want us to go up now. I want Mandaric and his acolytes to realise what a stupid bunch of fools they've been

As much as i wanted meggo to stay i think we should all calm down and move on.

If we don't go up then fair enough we can then vent our anger at milan.

Whoever comes in needs all our support. What if the new guy gets us up,milan will be a hero again.

Come on guys lets get behind wednesday.

Saddened, and shocked. I thought Megson would still be hear come the end of the season and with a seemingly mellowed Mandaric, he would still be hear next season, if we don't go up.

All the best Gary.

If you are ever to return to Hillsborough in whatever capacity, you can hold your head high.

I was gutted when Sturrock was sacked. Never thought I'd be gutted again for the same reason.

I think opinion when he was first appointed was rather split on here but over the course of the past year I think he won most fans around hence the reaction to his sacking. For me it's a MASSIVE gamble on many levels for Mr Mandaric. If it all goes wrong between now and the rest of the season he will probably cop a load of flak from the supporters but if it goes right then obviously everything will be rosy in the garden again.

At the end of the day Mandaric wants what we all want and that's promotion this season. He obviously had doubts about whether Megson could achieve this or else the speculation wouldn't have reached fever pitch over the last week or so? I've just seen Megson's track record on the BBC website and apart from the four years he spent at West Brom, he has had relatively short periods managing at other clubs. Couple that with Mandarics reputation for hiring and firing managers constantly then it was always likely that Megson's time managing at S6 would be short and sweet?

Good luck Gary. We have a strong base thanks to your hard work. You could always sign a player for sure. Hope you can return to Hillsborough often. Many saw your passion you had for the club.

Hope this move works for the club. Thought maybe upsetting the boat should not be done at such a critical stage. Need a manager who's playing style can suit the players stengths.

I understand your anger mate and i flounced last night BUT it is Sheffield Wednesday we support.

MM will be gone and SWFC will live on.

The team needs your support. Put your anger to one side and get behind the team.

It's what megson would want!

sorry will see in a few weeks, but for now my cash will get spent on the kids, and being as the weather has picked up the bike will be getting an extra run out of the garage on a sunday.

for those of you going on sat, you sould sing megsons name for 90mins.

let milan know how much of a mistake he has made

Thing is if we don't achieve promotion now MM will get some right stick from the supporters. It will be his failure and his failure only. If we go up then fair enough but that doesn't mean to say it was the right thing to do, I believe Megson would have got us up anyway since his passion and enthusiasm would have been an advantage over the other teams in the PO's not to mention the support we have.