GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Surely our goal difference tells us something.

Compare it with the teams around us and it tells us that it is the defence, not the attack that has been the difference. Things had improved recently, but this appeared to be at the expense of our scoring threat.

Compare it with the teams around us and it tells us that it is the defence, not the attack that has been the difference. Things had improved recently, but this appeared to be at the expense of our scoring threat.

Who knows DJ only time will tell eh? Like everyone on here i just hope its the correct decision

just goes to show that not even a manager that is held in high esteem with the fans and coming off the back of a great victory over local rivals is exempt from the sack

the decision simply baffles me

2nd in the league after beating your arch local rivals 1-0

utter horseshit

defo more then meets the eye here

we'd best be bringing in somebody bloody good cos if not then Mandaric can flip right off

utterly stunned .....

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Thanks for the memories Gary, your time here was short but you brought so much joy in that Sunday afternoon to so many and deserved at least till the end of the season

It is after all a 46 game season

Awful decision.

Awful timing and obviously nothing to do with results...I started to get a bad feeling about behind the scenes events when Megson wanted JOC and no contract was offered to him.

Megson is no yes man and tells it how it is. Perhaps more will unravel over the next few days.

Totally gutted over this news. For the first time in a few years I thought we had a manager to sort this club out and give it the kick up the arse if needed.

Every manager is going to have his critics but unless he's given adequate funding then he needs adequate time at least.

Totally deflated

Guest shytot

Complete utter abomination. One of our own treat like that. Wrong. I'm going to rochdale on Saturday and u know who's name I'll be shouting.

Guest BRANNIGANSHEROES

Outrageous and shameful. Most incomprehensible decision since the French ref pointed to the spot in Kaiserlautern. And if Jones is brought in it will be the biggest disgrace since Wise was keeping Waddle out of the national team. Don't want Ince either.

Totally gutted.

Guest Whiterose69

Don't suppose anyone saw MM's reaction to O'Grady scoring on Sunday? I bet he was hoping Megson would bottle it to justify his decision! MM OUT!

Why are we all surprised with this? Yes we won the derby last Sunday, MASSIVE MASSIVE result. But if you look at the results before that game they simply were not good enough. It's a fact im afriad. My only concern here is the whole timing of it and how it will effect the league run in

Edited by didz

Guest James Junny

Im Just Gutted for gary megson it just wasnt to be, at least he lived his dream. For me writing was on the wall after ben marshall left, we just wernt the the same team and apart from some magic from jermaine johnson we have been very poor.

Managers dont get time anymore thats todays game, Lee clark was a bigger shock than this or even chris hughton at newcastle that was madness and they even protested when alan pardow walked in to replace him but look where they are right now.

This decision is a gamble by MM, now the new manager must win the next 13 games for that gamble to pay off.

Personally i would go for sean o'Driscoll but i think Lee clark will get the job.

Psychologically the players are f00ked now

Most of them will be. GM built a good team spirit based on fighting for their places and for their team. I can see us dropping points for the next few weeks. Maybe we won't even reach the play offs.......remember the team spirit, or lack of it when Wilson and Co failed to back Di Canio? The rest of the season was a shambles.......hope it doesn't happen but my guess it that the bottom will drop out of the team spirit now

Was playing pool when I saw the news on SNN and was absolutely stunned.

I just kept thinking Why Milan Why?! Sure maybe you feel this could get us that 2nd auto spot, but the negative repurcussions of this could be enormous- it really is a HUGE gamble. Thats the bottom line.

Hopefully this can somehow propel us above the pigs into the automatic spots, but if not the negative effects of this dont bare thinking about.

I feel gutted, not only for myself but for all the other wednesdayites, and without doubt for gary megson too- a true Wednesdayite.