GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Gutted for Megson I really am. I was thrilled when he was appointed and have felt a good connection with SWFC this past 12 months, mainly because of his ability to work the press. I thank him for that.

I also think he has had us achieving as a team.

However...

We've won 5 of our last 13 league games and that is never going to be acceptable to MM.

He's got form and I did say when he appeared on the scene that we were in for a roller-coaster... hop aboard folks...

Onwards and upwards.

Hopefully :-)

Guest PointlessOwl

IT'S flipping REVENGE

MEGSON WALKED OUT ON MILAN AT LECESTIER FOR BOLTON.

DID MILAN ONLY APPOINT MEGO FOR REVENGE. HE SAW THE FANS WERE SINGING HIS NAME AND HE WAS LOVING IT.

Rochdale away. Gary Megsons Barmy army. All game. Non stop!

I'm supposed to be up early but no point in going to bed as all I can think of is this. I am so pissed off with this club I feel like packing it all in.

Sunday was amazing, what an atmosphere. I really believe that that result would transform our season. I didn't think we'd get autos. That's gone. But I did believe we'd win the play offs.

Now the whole season is f****d. All that good feeling gone. How many 'part timers' will have loved it so much on Sunday that they'd be back again next week. Instead we're looking at a massively pissed off fan base and STs returned or not renewed. MM has gone from hero to zero. One of the biggest mistakes you'll ever make Milan. So stupid

Some absolute classless posts on this thread. Really disappointed at some of the naive opinions.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a gary megson fan.

If he wasn't a Wednesday fan there wouldn't be half as much bile.

This is what Milan does, he has done it in the past - why is everyone so surprised?

I have 100% faith in Mandaric as a chairman but only had 50% faith in Megson as a manager.

So you think this is a good decision, good timing etc?

Did Sunday give you the impression that the team were not supportive of their manager? Do you think Megson has been able to build a squad with the funds available that should be better than our current position?

Do you think a new boss will improve on 3rd place?

Some absolute classless posts on this thread. Really disappointed at some of the naive opinions.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a gary megson fan.

If he wasn't a Wednesday fan there wouldn't be half as much bile.

This is what Milan does, he has done it in the past - why is everyone so surprised?

I have 100% faith in Mandaric as a chairman but only had 50% faith in Megson as a manager.

Erm sorry but I am not sure why you would have 100% faith in Mandaric, sacked Nigel Pearson while at Leicester. Who is their manager now? The 2 managers he brought in have spent a lot of money, achieved much less than Nigel Pearson and been sacked. He is known for sacking managers is this because does not know when he has a good manager?

If this decision was going to be made it should have been made before Sunday. The timing just negates all the good feeling achieved by Sunday's success not good management if you ask me. Looks like his decision has cost a few season tickets, I was going to buy mine tonight but now have not. I am also not looking forward to my trip to Rochdale now.

I hope we don't get Dave Jones, Lee Clarke (hate this sad illegitimate with a passion) or Ince. Non have had much success, if any. The only way he can pull this out of the fire if we get someone like Curbishly and that's not going to happen. We will probably not be able to get someone in who the fans will not detest because of this and unless they have instant success winning most of the remaining games and the play-offs I fear it could result in problems next season and if we are not top of the league very quickly the fans calling for the managers head. It is much easier to come in and say we have a lot to do when the previous manager has failed than when they have been successful. In addition a rebuilding job will have to be undertaken in the summer to get the players in the new manager wants so back to 7+ out and being replaced on free transfers.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and not an MM fan. Don't really get this we have to be grateful to MM nonsense. He bought in to the club to make money not to save us, we have nothing to be grateful for. He sensed an opportunity to make money, he is not a Wednesday fan and intends to make a profit from the deal. If not he would not have taken the club on.

Megson is a Wednesday fan, has had success at a number of clubs (WBA, Bolton etc) and has this club at his heart. MM will sell when the deal suits him and it does not really matter who he sells too, unless you believe his platitudes. Sorry but I don't, he is just like a politician telling you what you want to hear.

I'm absolutely gutted!! Just got back to Switzerland on the crest of a wave after seeing Sunday's performance and now this?

This has nothing to do with football results. I don't believe the statement on the OS. MM has to explain himself to the fans after saying he'll be open and transparent. We have 13 games left, no-one can come in and guarantee winning 10 or 11 of them, which is what's needed for promotion (auto). So the statement just doesn't add up.

My Swiss colleagues are all interested to know about the match at the weekend, what do I tell them now?

Bring a cutting edge? With what exactly? Transfers are not possible until the summer. Better to have left an Owl in charge than some 'name' that no one else wanted. Billy rumblein Davies anyone?

Strangely enough I got a very strong feeling it will be him too. He's got an amazing track record for promotions I believe. Anyone with any facts ? (still prefer meggo tho lol)

What a disastrous decision. After all the positive feeling surrounding the club its just a total kick in the guts. Lets be clear - as sole owner of the club manderic can do whatever the roger he wants but that doesn't mean we can't be unhappy when he makes horrible misjudgements like this. Just hoping against hope the team we have been starting to build doesn't fall apart as well now.

I'm supposed to be up early but no point in going to bed as all I can think of is this. I am so pissed off with this club I feel like packing it all in.

Sunday was amazing, what an atmosphere. I really believe that that result would transform our season. I didn't think we'd get autos. That's gone. But I did believe we'd win the play offs.

Now the whole season is f****d. All that good feeling gone. How many 'part timers' will have loved it so much on Sunday that they'd be back again next week. Instead we're looking at a massively pissed off fan base and STs returned or not renewed. MM has gone from hero to zero. One of the biggest mistakes you'll ever make Milan. So stupid

Absolutely this.

Right i need to rant. If what im sayings been said before i really dont care, i just need to type out my angry thoughts! Stella's out and im steaming at the ears. Was about to have a nice relaxing w@nk but now looks like its going to be a belated angry w@nk.

Not happy in the slightest, i refuse to slag off Mandaric but i cannot comprehend this situation at the moment. Can nobody see that our inconsistency in management has been one of the contributing factors to the clubs decline over the past years. I loved Megson, not for his style of football, but because i felt he was the type of manager we needed at the club - Passionate, Big heart, loved the club and wanted the club to do well. Thats the biggest downfall in football in my opinion, too many players/managers not having the passion or desire and only wanting to succeed for personal gain: ie £££ you can see it with the England game tonight. Nobody cares anymore, i remember watching England as a kid and seeing Paul ince covered in blood, Ian Wright going mental crying his eyes out, what do we have now? nothing. Its not the same. I felt we had a little bit of that back here with us having such a devoted manager. Do i think he would have been completely 100% successful in the short term? - maybe not, maybe we wouldnt go up this year with him. But i would have been happy for us to stick with him and gradually progress as i seriously believe we would have done had we stuck by him. This, in my opinion is an absolute joke. Look at Chelsea, so much money, so many great players, but every time they have a bad run they replace the manager. Its not doing them any good, they are seriously underacheiving considering their potential. Thats where i believe we are similar on some scale. I genuinely believe that if we do not have any consistency within the managerial department we will get nowhere, or not as far as we could. Its really plssing me off now. I really dont care who is his replacement and wont join the speculation seriously, as its all an utter joke to me. I just hope we dont get an utter bishop basher like Karl Robinson.

Goodbye Gary, i hope that you understand you still have MASSIVE support from us owls and that you dont lose your' affinity and love for the club. You will be missed. Thank you for the memories!

Edited by PabloBonvin

Guest LittonOwl

Shameful actions and decision by Manadaric.

As others have already said, he doesn't give a poo about Wednesday or the fans. 32000 expressed how they felt about Meggy at the end of the match on Sunday, but Mandaric by his actions shows he couldn't care less.

He 'saved' Wednesday when he did, not out of love for the club, but because as a businessman, he saw a MASSIVE money-making opportunity. That's all we ever were and all we'll ever be to him..

Do us all a favour Milan, sell up and flip off sooner rather than later.

Guest robbo1966

Dear Milan

My "enthusiastic tank" ran right out tonight.

See you next season if you're lucky.

I thought you heralded the end of me feeling let down by and ashamed of my club. Turns out you made it worse than ever.

Regards

Richard Brook

This..... lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol `S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!