Megson - "people expect us to skate through the division...."

Megson needs to stop the excuses and blame and sort this out, thats what he is paid to do, I don't think he knows his best side at the moment, too much chopping and changing some of it unnecessary, he has put the pressure on himself.

Personally I think our lack of a creative or holding midfielder is the problem, no wonder Madine and O'Grady look lost at the moment,there is no decent supply, as for our strength at set pieces .... well where is it ? No good having 10 corners and not creating much from them, and when was the last time anyone took a decent free kick for us ? Anyway sort it out Megson ...... UTO !

Haven't read the rest of the thread so apologies if I'm going over old ground here. I do think however Megson is missing the point a little here, we don't expect to be sailing through the division but that's not what the fans are currently annoyed about, the fans are annoyed that we are losing to teams we SHOULD be beating (Exeter and Stevenage) and we're annoyed with recent performances as we know the team are capable of so much better.

Guest Darren Potter

Megson talks bo!!ocks.

He says he doesn't care about performances, yet when we lose he says that we were the better team, AND THEN comes out with all these rumbleing stats saying how we should have won.

Sh!te interviews.

Sh!te football.

Sh!te team selections.

MEGSON OUT

Edited by Darren Potter

Megson talks bo!!ocks.

He says he doesn't care about performances, yet when we lose he says that we were the better team, AND THEN comes out with all these rumbleing stats saying how we should have won.

Sh!te interviews.

Sh!te football.

Sh!te team selections.

MEGSON OUT

Please create this in its own thread. I would be interested to see what reaction it gets.

I don't disagree with Megson's comments.

But he knew what the expectations at the club were when he joined.

In his defence, I guess, what he didn't know was what the transfer policy would be?.

in time to come we may well get to know why megson has had copper to spend, instead of the funds that appeared to be in the offing...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17053396

That's how a 'leader' (Wenger) handle's the media after a bad defeat (last night versus Milan).

No blaming, but a need for unity and an ability to look at himself!

Wenger is just as bad though, as a polar opposite.

He shields his players too much and they dont have the will to win because the gaffer will always make excuses for them. Its all about balance, rollocking the right ones and putting an arm around the others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17053396

That's how a 'leader' (Wenger) handle's the media after a bad defeat (last night versus Milan).

No blaming, but a need for unity and an ability to look at himself!

....a leader who is also under pressure for the chop for "only" leading his team into the champions league, and in the top 4 of the premier league, with fans booing his decisions, substitutions and transfer activity..

football fans are a weird bunch

That quotes fair enough to me...

He's built a hard working, honest, (occasionally) organised team. Any of our opponents would confirm this.

Regardless of our aims, objectives and budgets we are up against a few teams that are operating a poo or bust policy and who no doubt have players that you don't often see at this level.

However, we find ourselves 3rd, a position that other teams would love to be in,....Preston and Bournemouth for example, big budgets at both clubs.

It's all about momentum this league, if it starts to wain then people start to micro analyse every aspect, and if theres no obvious reason to losing by the odd goal... then you have to sack the manager.

In the cold light of day we are 3rd, we have 2 derbys coming up, this is now the point where you back YOUR team isnt it ?

Drag them over the line and pick them up, right ?....

That quotes fair enough to me...

He's built a hard working, honest, (occasionally) organised team. Any of our opponents would confirm this.

Regardless of our aims, objectives and budgets we are up against a few teams that are operating a poo or bust policy and who no doubt have players that you don't often see at this level.

However, we find ourselves 3rd, a position that other teams would love to be in,....Preston and Bournemouth for example, big budgets at both clubs.

It's all about momentum this league, if it starts to wain then people start to micro analyse every aspect, and if theres no obvious reason to losing by the odd goal... then you have to sack the manager.

In the cold light of day we are 3rd, we have 2 derbys coming up, this is now the point where you back YOUR team isnt it ?

Drag them over the line and pick them up, right ?....

^^^

This

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

....a leader who is also under pressure for the chop for "only" leading his team into the champions league, and in the top 4 of the premier league, with fans booing his decisions, substitutions and transfer activity..

football fans are a weird bunch

One of the best managers ever to come to these shores IMO, Hawkeye.

i wish he would'nt exagerate the size of the club - his pre-match comments about steveage playing in front of a few thousand each week to then playing in their cup final blah blah - its gonads - the stadium was 35% full and it was'nt their cup final. We need to stop intimidating the players by placing false expectation on them - this has been happening now since we droped out of the premiership and each succesive manager has churned out the same 'pressure' line. Just get a quality settled team in place and play flipping football.