Megson - "people expect us to skate through the division...."

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Neil is an employee of the club, his very existance like eveyone elses depends on Aldridge not Megson.

The only person outside the playing staff who does n't fret about Aldridge is Megson. A dichotomy is developing and it needs to be put right.

Megson needs to be given the business plan so he can work within that framework, he thought he had this on his arrival but someone keeps moving the goal posts.

I sympathise with Megson because of this. I suspect that this has much to do with his current mood, than anything else.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Owlstalk in lowering expectations to suit general census shocker.

I expected automatic promotion this year and unlike other season think we have the players to actually do it.

Play-offs would be a disappointment considering who we would have to play over, potentially, three games.

Seventh should be met with instant sacking.

Neil is an employee of the club, his very existance like eveyone elses depends on Aldridge not Megson.

Just to clarify I am NOT (and never have been) an employee of Sheffield Wednesday

My views are my own and I don't censor them depending on whether the club is cheesed off with my views or not

I'm just a fan like anyone else and have my own views on how things are panning out this season - which are documented elsewhere on this site

Owlstalk Shop

Just to clarify I am NOT (and never have been) an employee of Sheffield Wednesday

My views are my own and I don't censor them depending on whether the club is cheesed off with my views or not

I'm just a fan like anyone else and have my own views on how things are panning out this season - which are documented elsewhere on this site

Thought it would be a bit foolish to make the comments you do, if you were emplyed by the club.

But then I thought, he could be MM.

Thought it would be a bit foolish to make the comments you do, if you were emplyed by the club.

I've not really posted anything over critical or anything other fans aren't saying/thinking

I'm very supportive of Milan/Megson and just want it all to come right over the next 15 games - the same as other fans

Owlstalk Shop

play offs will only be a dissapointment if we don't win them.

not if we get in them.

Dragging the season out to the end of May, missing out on transfer targets and a less effective pre-season.

It has already been established that we need to know what division we are in before we can set the budget.

We need to go up with aplomb.

I've not really posted anything over critical or anything other fans aren't saying/thinking

I'm very supportive of Milan/Megson and just want it all to come right over the next 15 games - the same as other fans

I know you're not an employee of the club. But I would like to hear Neil's views and not Owlstalk admins views. I don't think they're always the same :)

Absolutely.

The extent to which he puts Megson's comments under the microscope is bordering on the obsessional. It is of course important to monitor how the manager projects himself, but not to this degree.

When the results are not going so well it is interesting to see how random and desperate some people can be in deciding on the factors that are to blame which are usually highly presumptuous. For my money, all that has happened is a slight shift in a number of things that have been threatening to occur all along. We've had to struggle to get where we have, it was almost inevitable that we couldn't carry on like that indefinitely. With a bit of focus and application there is no reason we cannot go back on a good run, but it will take the same sort of effort it required earlier in the season and this takes it's toll in the long run.

Megsons comments are under the microscope because they are controversal and have come at a time when we are underperforming and things don't seem quite right.

People are always going to look for a rationale to try and understand things when they aren't quite right. Conversley, people always want to talk about why things are working when things are going to plan.

I apologise if I have come across obsessive over the last few days. I have to agree, I have talked a lot about one subject. However, in my defence, I think this has been mainly in repsonse to other people responsing back to me (other than my initial response in this thread, which was covering the same subject - ie Megsons comments in the press).

All in all, I am just passionate about my club and feel strongly about my views, especially when I fear that all is not well.

But I guess its time to put that aside and get back to doing what I do best....

Enjoying being a Wdensdayite.

UTO

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Dragging the season out to the end of May, missing out on transfer targets and a less effective pre-season.

It has already been established that we need to know what division we are in before we can set the budget.

We need to go up with aplomb.

we'll tell them to stick the play-offs up their arse cause we're only interested in automatic.

What I meant was, as an employee you would have to be seen to remain impartial!

Sorry Neil did n't wish to cause any offence; Just wanting to point out the tennsion that has come to the fore since the quiete man arrived and started moving the goal posts around

Megsons comments are under the microscope because they are controversal and have come at a time when we are underperforming and things don't seem quite right.

People are always going to look for a rationale to try and understand things when they aren't quite right. Conversley, people always want to talk about why things are working when things are going to plan.

I apologise if I have come across obsessive over the last few days. I have to agree, I have talked a lot about one subject. However, in my defence, I think this has been mainly in repsonse to other people responsing back to me (other than my initial response in this thread, which was covering the same subject - ie Megsons comments in the press).

All in all, I am just passionate about my club and feel strongly about my views, especially when I fear that all is not well.

But I guess its time to put that aside and get back to doing what I do best....

Enjoying being a Wdensdayite.

UTO

No need to apologise. Whilst I think you may have been a little over-analytical when it comes to Megson's comments I respect you as one of the more cerebral members of the forum when it seems to be becoming increasingly deluged with wind-ups, attention seekers, gobshites and the immature.

Guest Big Guns

No need to apologise. Whilst I think you may have been a little over-analytical when it comes to Megson's comments I respect you as one of the more cerebral members of the forum when it seems to be becoming increasingly deluged with wind-ups, attention seekers, gobshites and the immature.

Get of your high horse Duncan

Guest Darkus Owlus

"You have to take criticism on the chin when you lose games,people expect us to skate through the division and I don't know why"

Dear Gary.

I don't expect us to get rolled over by Stevenage TWICE, raped by Exeter and god know how many other smaller clubs.

Losing the flipping plot!

Not sure we're Meggo's coming from. He's taking too many defensive positions for me at the moment and it all seems a little self protection. He should know as well as the next man that we the supporters, the chairman and himself for that matter expect promotion this season. Why, cause we deserve it, the Chairman demands it and Meggo knows he has to do it or lose his job.