Megson - "people expect us to skate through the division...."

Not sure we're Meggo's coming from. He's taking too many defensive positions for me at the moment and it all seems a little self protection. He should know as well as the next man that we the supporters, the chairman and himself for that matter expect promotion this season. Why, cause we deserve it, the Chairman demands it and Meggo knows he has to do it or lose his job.

If you're asked to build a 3 bedroomed bungalow and only given enough wood to build a shed, you'd get upset when it's suggested you're a crap builder.

...or summat.

No need to apologise. Whilst I think you may have been a little over-analytical when it comes to Megson's comments I respect you as one of the more cerebral members of the forum when it seems to be becoming increasingly deluged with wind-ups, attention seekers, gobshites and the immature.

I have no idea why, but the use of the word cerebral made me chuckle. lol

No need to apologise. Whilst I think you may have been a little over-analytical when it comes to Megson's comments I respect you as one of the more cerebral members of the forum when it seems to be becoming increasingly deluged with wind-ups, attention seekers, gobshites and the immature.

Cerebral Member ! is that when your wee wee tail does your thinking lol

Just to clarify I am NOT (and never have been) an employee of Sheffield Wednesday

My views are my own and I don't censor them depending on whether the club is cheesed off with my views or not

I'm just a fan like anyone else and have my own views on how things are panning out this season - which are documented elsewhere on this site

Me thinks thou protests too much :biggrin:

Owlstalk in lowering expectations to suit general census shocker.

I expected automatic promotion this year and unlike other season think we have the players to actually do it.

Play-offs would be a disappointment considering who we would have to play over, potentially, three games.

Seventh should be met with instant sacking.

Did you consider competition and proportional finance when you created this expectation?

Did you even read the squad numbers?

Edited by theowlisback